PDA

View Full Version : We're getting horses! *they're here- pics added*

BitsyNaceyDog
09-26-2007, 07:25 PM
We're getting horses, kind of... They won't actually be ours, we'll just be boarding them. We have a pasture, about 3 acres, with stables, sitting unused, so we decided to board 2 horses on it. The horses won't be moving in for at least a few weeks though. I'm so excited to have horses in the pasture! Oh, and the couple who own the horses have offered to give me riding lessons!

KittyGurl
09-26-2007, 08:24 PM
When are you getting them? Can't wait to see some pictures (are you going to post some?) Keep us updated when they arrive!

CONGRATS!

BitsyNaceyDog
09-27-2007, 09:29 AM
When are you getting them? Can't wait to see some pictures (are you going to post some?) Keep us updated when they arrive!

CONGRATS!
It'll be a few weeks. The stabes need a little cleaning up and the fence needs repair before they can come. I'll post pictures when they get here.

Genny
09-27-2007, 04:12 PM
I bet you're excited. I wish we had a horse. I love them they're so beautiful.

BitsyNaceyDog
09-30-2007, 06:22 AM
They're coming today! I really thought it would take a few weeks to get everything ready for them, but the people who own the horses came over yesterday and brought family to help get everything done. I'll take and post pictures tonight.

KittyGurl
09-30-2007, 11:49 AM
Can't wait to see them!

BitsyNaceyDog
09-30-2007, 03:19 PM
The horses are here. The place they were boarded was about an hour away and the family only got to see them on weekends, they now will see them daily. That is one of the reasons the moved them here. The other big reason was the care at the other place went way down hill, they wern't happy there anymore. They are really happy to have their horses here now. They both need a good bath, but that will happen another day once they are a little more settled in here.

This is Comet
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v244/kblaix/other/IMG_9664.jpg

This is Cisco, he was a rescued race horse
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v244/kblaix/other/IMG_9663.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v244/kblaix/other/IMG_9668.jpg

I'll take more pictures once they've settled in some. I'll be sure to get some of them in the field.

JuniorxMyxLove
10-01-2007, 09:28 AM
Beautiful horses, I really like Cisco! What breed are they, do you know?

Can't wait for more pictures!

BitsyNaceyDog
10-01-2007, 12:45 PM

I have no idea what breed they are. My knowledge of horses is very limited, but I'm learning.

I've taken Nathan out to see the horses a few times today. He's not too sure what to think of them, he's not the least bit scared of them though.

They are both so incredibly sweet. I think if it were possible Comet would curl up in my lap and cuddle with me, he has such a puppy dog personality. Comet used to be used to give riding lessons to young kids and the family that owns him have a 5 year old that rides him all the time.

Cisco has a bit more spunk. He was a race horse that was injured and was going to be PTS until this family intervened and nursed him back to health. He's really sweet and a joy to be around.

Because it's so hard to maneuver the camera while carrying Nathan I probably won't get a chance to take any more pictures until this weekend.

KittyGurl
10-01-2007, 03:37 PM
They are beautiful.

Giselle
10-01-2007, 08:29 PM

I don't know squat about horses but aren't all racehorses Thoroughbreds? I dunno. I used to love reading about horses way back when, so my knowledge is limited and I could be wrong :)

They are beautiful, by the way. I wish we could board horses!!

animal_rescue
10-01-2007, 08:37 PM
Actually a few other race horse breeds are the standardbred, Quarter Horse, and umm Arabian I believe? :)

Anyways They are absolutely gorgeous! Congrats on the *sorta* new additions!! :D

critter crazy
10-01-2007, 08:41 PM
Awwww.....what cuties!! Congrats on Boarding, you will enjoy it!:D

ramanth
10-01-2007, 08:44 PM
Congrats! They are beautiful. I'm sure the family will be happy with them in your care. Enjoy the lessons!

Vela
10-01-2007, 09:35 PM
They do also race paints and appaloosas, oddly enough, besides those others mentioned, of course he's not one of those, LOL.

I do beleive he is a Standardbred, harness racing horse. They do not freeze brand the necks of thoroughbreds, that is done on the inside of the top lip. They do freeze brand the necks of purebred Standardbred horses though, so I beleive that's what he is. He looks very much like one.

How nice it must be to look out and see horses, I know I get great comfort just watching mine sometimes. Even if they aren't yours we can all enjoy them too and I'm glad they are boarding there.

JuniorxMyxLove
10-02-2007, 02:49 PM
Standardbred. Awesome. Haha I can't tell very much on the breed of a horse just by looking at them, lol. I thought Obie was a thoroughbred for a long time before my trainer said he was a quarter horse... :D

OOh the teddy bears are the best!

I suppose it wouldn't work if I asked you how tall they were?? Maybe you could check with the owners if you dont know. Hehe i'm going through horse-withdrawl since I can't ride until this saturday!

buttercup132
10-02-2007, 03:53 PM
I do beleive he is a Standardbred, harness racing horse. They do not freeze brand the necks of thoroughbreds, that is done on the inside of the top lip. They do freeze brand the necks of purebred Standardbred horses though, so I beleive that's what he is. He looks very much like one.
Ya, that's pretty much all we have here unless it's a big name track.
My barn is also a 2 minute ride tothe tracks and they are harness racers, no thouroughbreds. Richie was a ex racer from there, he Standardbred and freeze branded.

BitsyNaceyDog
10-02-2007, 03:58 PM
I suppose it wouldn't work if I asked you how tall they were?? Maybe you could check with the owners if you dont know. Hehe i'm going through horse-withdrawl since I can't ride until this saturday!
I have no idea how tall they are. I'm looking forward to talking to the owners and learning everything I can from them. Though they come twice daily I probably won't get to talk them too much durring the week. Weekends will be when we see them most.

JuniorxMyxLove
10-04-2007, 03:52 PM
I have no idea how tall they are. I'm looking forward to talking to the owners and learning everything I can from them. Though they come twice daily I probably won't get to talk them too much durring the week. Weekends will be when we see them most.

ohh okay.

you're going to have to get more pics and info for me here!! :] (lol)