PDA

View Full Version : URGENT! Can anyone help??? *Update* She's Safe!

Kfamr
09-25-2007, 02:29 PM
Most of you know Areias, well we still communicate through another forum. Today she found this puppy on the side of the road:
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1210/1439117820_f1dcaf7113.jpg
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1186/1439117272_d438cf2156.jpg
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1238/1439116286_f6f12d3610.jpg

The problem? She's moving out of state tomorrow. She cannot keep her, when she usually would be able to.

I would totally help if I had the money to. She has mange, fleas, an eye infection, and who knows what else. I just cannot afford to treat her and possibly anything she may give to my dogs.

Does anyone know anyone who can help?
I've been contacting rescues from Petfinder but most likely they will not be able to, they are usually full.

I'm so upset for this poor girl right now. :(

DoggiesAreTheBest
09-25-2007, 02:35 PM
Oh no! That poor pup :( What a sweet and innocent face! I can not help since I am far away, but would be willing to contribute financially. You live in FL, right? I know a few places in GA. Let me see if I can get a hold of someone who may be able to help. Please PM details on location, etc...

Kfamr
09-25-2007, 02:37 PM
Yeah, the pup is located in Riverview, Florida currently. Around 4 hours from the Georgia border.

Ginger's Mom
09-25-2007, 02:47 PM
The only person I know in FL that could even remotely help lives three hours away, and I am pretty sure she would not drive up for this pup. They already have three dogs they are caring for (two of their own and a stray that lives on the grounds where Bob works). But if she would like to set up some sort of fund to assist in treatment I can offer a little something.

Glacier
09-25-2007, 02:50 PM
). But if she would like to set up some sort of fund to assist in treatment I can offer a little something.

Me too.

A pup that skinny probably should be hospitalized and on IV fluids. Maybe a local vet could help find a placement for her.

Catty1
09-25-2007, 03:00 PM
Can you get her to a vet first?

Poor baby!

I am not working right now (company is moving offices), and can't help financially. I wish I could!

animal_rescue
09-25-2007, 03:32 PM
God I'd say I'd figure out a way to get her up here but I have a foster right now with mange as well. UGH Let me cross post and see if I can get help for her(Is that ok?).

Kfamr
09-25-2007, 03:36 PM
Yes, please cross-post. :)+

Jessica's friend knows of a vet that may be willing to help her. They don't open until after 6, though. I'll let you all know as soon as I do. :)

DoggiesAreTheBest
09-25-2007, 03:49 PM
No luck with any of my contacts in GA :( Sent out a few emails and will wait up to see if I hear back from them.

Perhaps gett her to the vet first to start treating her. A few people have offered to contribute. Please keep us posted.

Souraya

lute
09-25-2007, 03:56 PM
OMG!!! Poor thing! I wish I could help! I really have no idea. Are there any no-kill shelters close by or maybe on the way to where she is going? Maybe her vet or another vet could tke her, treat her and find her a home? Definatly keep us updated on this sweet puppy! :(

slleipnir
09-25-2007, 04:11 PM
Poor thing :( What a sin! I hope she gets help and finds a great home with someone who will love her to death like she deserves

lizbud
09-25-2007, 04:17 PM
I would definately help money wise.I also agree that this pup needs vet
care ASAP. If a fund is set up, PLEASE let me know. The first step is to have
her seen by a Vet.

Freedom
09-25-2007, 05:48 PM
To far to help physically; will help financially; please update as you can!

Poor innocent little baby girl!

.sarah
09-25-2007, 05:57 PM
Kay, thanks for the PM. The mange worries me, since we don't know what kind it is. If it is demodex I would not hesitate to foster her (although my parents would have to approve) but if it is sarcoptic there is just no way, I would worry about her spreading it to my dogs.

I will be watching here and at the other forum for an update. If the vet can't take her in I will send out an e-mail to the foster director at the humane society. I'm sure we are full but like I said, I MAY be able to foster her just so long as I don't have to take full responsibility for finances - I cannot afford what her vet bills will likely be. Also, because I'm in school and not home all day, my parents might just say no. So, no promises, but I would like to help if I can so please keep me in mind.

Kfamr
09-25-2007, 06:19 PM
Here's the latest from Jessica:

She's going to a rescue! WHOOOO! I'm going right now to drop her off at their vet's office, right up the street from me, and they will start taking care of her.

She didn't want to die. She really opened up in the last few hours...I got home and she was all wags and happy. Whoo! I'm so excited she's getting a chance.

I'm going to try and find out the rescue for those of you who would like to donate. :)

Catty1
09-25-2007, 06:26 PM
Great news! I bet one of the staff there will take her home...she sounds so loving! Some food and treatment, and she will be fine! :)

animal_rescue
09-25-2007, 06:34 PM
Awww so glad to hear that, good luck to that little girl!

critter crazy
09-25-2007, 06:47 PM
Thats great news!! Woohoo!!!:)

Alysser
09-25-2007, 06:49 PM
Thank god, I was reading the post so tensely! I am so happy this poor thing is going to a rescue. I hope she is okay!

lizbud
09-25-2007, 06:49 PM
Kay, thanks for posting this great update. I sure will sleep a little better
tonight knowing she will see a VET right away. :) Please let us all know
when & where the funds should be directed. Thanks so much. :)

Does the pup have a name yet?

Kfamr
09-25-2007, 08:01 PM
Here's another update!

That's great everybody...she's officially under veterinary care and her story should be up on the website in a few days. They are GREAT people, I am so happy with them.

They have already named her "Calypso" so if you wanted to send a donation in her name it would be greatly appreciated. They're not asking for handouts but if someone wanted to send them a little something that would be great. I will do the same as soon as I get settled in the new state. Again the website is http://www.lostangelsanimalrescue.org/ .

Thank you everybody for your support. You don't know how much it means to me, and to "Calypso" as well.

So, visit http://www.lostangelsanimalrescue.org to donate for Calypso! :)

Freedom
09-25-2007, 08:15 PM
Aw such wonderful news! Thanks for letting us know!

lute
09-25-2007, 08:17 PM
YAY!!!!! This makes me so happy! I'm so thrilled that lil Calypso is in safe hands! Thanks again for picking her up off the streets!

Daisy and Delilah
09-25-2007, 08:52 PM
I'm just sick looking at this poor little doggie. :( :( :( How sad. Kay, thanks to you and all that helped in getting her taken care of. I hope we can get updates on her progress.

luvofallhorses
09-25-2007, 11:06 PM
that poor sweet puppy! :( I am glad she found rescue though and I will pray she will recover soon and get to be a puppy again! thank God Jessica found her. bless her heart. :)

anna_66
09-26-2007, 08:24 AM
I'm just seeing this thread and I'm glad to hear there's such a great update:D

pitc9
09-26-2007, 09:22 AM
Glad to see the wonderful update!!

DoggiesAreTheBest
09-26-2007, 10:46 AM
Glad she is safe. Good job, Kay! I think Calypso is a great name :) Will check out the link to donate to her fund.

lizbud
09-26-2007, 12:16 PM
I see they are calling her Calista which is Greek for most beautiful. :)

Bless her little heart. I hope she gets to grow up, be healthy again and
live to be as beautiful as her name.They do have a paypal thingy there
for direct donations.

xVelvet_FuzzButtx
09-26-2007, 12:46 PM
Contact the SPCA via phone & email or fax pictures.

Kfamr
09-26-2007, 03:44 PM
Yep - I guess I was told the wrong name. Calista is now featured on their website. :D

Ginger's Mom
09-26-2007, 03:58 PM
Ah yeah, she is there now. :) I looked last night and she wasn't there yet. That looks like a very active rescue organization, good for them. Ane they have some pups that I would love to take home.

loveallfurryfriends
09-30-2007, 10:58 AM
I am so happy that she has been rescued. I hope that she will be able to live a full life!! She will be in my thoughts and prayers!!

wolf_Q
12-07-2007, 06:49 PM
I was thinking of this thread the other day and decided to look at their website. I found Calista...its not a very large picture, but you can tell she looks a lot better, and she has been adopted. :) See here http://www.lostangelsanimalrescue.org/Newsletternovember.htm she's close to the bottom of the page, with her new siblings (two girls and a boston terrier).

Karen
12-07-2007, 06:57 PM
Oh, thank you for posting that! It's nice to see her with a healthy, shiny coat and obviously being a much loved pup!

Freedom
12-07-2007, 07:06 PM
What a happy ending!

Finally, our heartfelt thanks to Denise and everyone who assisted us with donations for Calista, the little terrier mix found running across a busy Tampa highway. You'll remember she was extremely malnourished and suffered from demodex and worms so severely medical care was required for her survival. To our great pleasure, Calista bounced back and was recently adopted. Look how beautiful and happy she is with her family.

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q57/sfsamm/Dec%201%202007%20Dogs%20in%20coats/calistafamily.jpg

Her new mom writes, "I wanted to thank you again for assisting us with the adoption of Calista (who we are calling Callie for short). My Paris is so happy she has a new sister and just can't get enough of Callie. And, I must say, Callie can sure hold her own with Paris. It is great to see them together and and I know we will all be one very happy family. A family of all girls is great." Because of all of you, another angel is healthy and enjoying her forever home.

Jods
12-07-2007, 07:18 PM
That brings tears to my eyes what a happy ending

Daisy and Delilah
12-07-2007, 09:00 PM
Thanks for the update, Amy!! Calista is a beautiful little girl. She's come such a long way. I'm so happy for her. Thanks to all that helped her :)

PupPLuv
12-09-2007, 05:41 PM
Aww! After looking at that first picture, I was ready to run down there and help out myself!!! hehe But I'm SO glad that pretty girl is in a new home! Seeing that picture of her w/ her new family made my day! :) Thanks to all who helped her out! :) <3