PDA

View Full Version : Well! Since you have insurance!

Laura's Babies
09-25-2007, 02:26 PM
I had already gotten irratated with my eye doctor, keeping me sitting 2 hours after my appointment time in the lobby. Then not listening to me when I kept telling him the new glasses were NOT working (and still do not see clearly out of them), then kept me waiting 30 minutes in the exam room today after another expensive test he just ran 6 months ago. Today, I decided to start asking his assistant questions as to why they were running all these tests again when they have done them less than a year ago. Her answer? "We do it because that is what your insurance will pay for!"

SO! I am suppose to go every 3 months for some expensive test that takes a few minutes and see him briefly and that takes 2 to 3 hours (out of MY day)so he can bleed my insurance to pay for his new building?

I am looking for another eye doctor....

sparks19
09-25-2007, 02:40 PM
WOW that's crazy. I would be doing the same thing.... looking for a new eye Dr.

joycenalex
09-25-2007, 04:26 PM
ohhhh kaayyyy, too honest and very foolish. time to move on

Karen
09-25-2007, 04:52 PM
I'd actually report him to the Better Business Bureau - ordering unneccessary tests sounds like insurance fraud, as well as a waste of your time.

Freedom
09-25-2007, 06:51 PM
Report him to your insurance co -- AFTER you have found another eye doc.

Donnaj4962
09-25-2007, 08:36 PM
I would report him also. That is just terrible. You have to wonder how people without insurance are treated? Do they even get the necessary tests?

I went into an ortho doctor for a problem with my knee. They took xrays (which I expected) and then gave me a cortisone shot. However, the Physician's Assistant read the xrays and gave me the shot. THEN she said, "well, let's have the doctor come in and take a look so that we can bill your insurance company!" WHAAAT???? :eek: After I was given the shot she wants to make sure it was in the right spot? AND is having an actual MD look at me the only way they will get their money?

I never went back.

CountryWolf07
09-25-2007, 10:36 PM
I agree with the others. Report him. It sounds fishy to me.