PDA

View Full Version : Do animals have souls ?

steel
09-25-2007, 12:19 PM
Isaiah 11:6
King James Bible
The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them.

I like to think that this is more than a parable and that heaven will hold the creatures of earth. The only problem is that I have had so many cats throughout my lifetime that there wouldn't be any room for me.

BC_MoM
09-25-2007, 01:00 PM
I believe anything living has a soul.

Logan
09-25-2007, 02:37 PM
I am a Christian. And I believe that my animals are in heaven and that I will see them again. I can't imagine heaven without them, to tell you the truth. Their sweet spirits are surely there.

sparks19
09-25-2007, 02:39 PM
I am a Christian. And I believe that my animals are in heaven and that I will see them again. I can't imagine heaven without them, to tell you the truth. Their sweet spirits are surely there.

I agree.

Glacier
09-25-2007, 02:58 PM
My Mother is a lay minister(she missed her calling, she should have gone into full pastoral service). Although I am not particularly religious myself, I like her answer to this question...she believes and preaches that God has promised everything we need to be happy will be provided in the next world. Therefore if you need your animal companions, they will be there.

joycenalex
09-25-2007, 03:03 PM
as surely as the sun will set tonight, animals have souls. i am without any doubt as to this.

Zippy
09-25-2007, 03:05 PM

I agree.

cassiesmom
09-25-2007, 03:08 PM
It gives me comfort to think of it this way. Since God created animals, it makes sense to me that he would gather them back to himself somehow when their lives end. So when I arrive in heaven, I hope that all the animals I've loved in my life (Churchill- my brother's cat who died because of Menu Foods; Poco and Jasmine- my sister's cats; the cats my family had before I was born; and pets of my extended family) will be there so I can be with them again. I believe heaven is a place of great joy, and since God made animals and animal lovers, part of the joy is people and their beloved pets being together again. What this means for farm and circus animals, I don't know. Maybe heaven has a very big zoo.

Barbara
09-25-2007, 03:55 PM
Simple answer: yes they have.

momoffuzzyfaces
09-25-2007, 04:58 PM
Yes, and I have quite a crowd of them waiting for me. I'm glad Heaven is a big big place! :)

lizbud
09-25-2007, 04:58 PM
Oh Yes, I do believe animals have souls. (all animals, not just pets)

horsie_luver_101
09-25-2007, 05:07 PM
yea i do think animals have souls... anything living breathing has a soul

Miss Z
09-25-2007, 05:15 PM
I am not religious, so I do not believe in souls, human or animalian, yet I know that if I did, it would not make sense to me that animals should be without souls. And, if I was to interpret the 'soul' with my own reasoning, then animals show it in a far better light than the majority of the human population does!

I can't imagine heaven without them, to tell you the truth. Their sweet spirits are surely there.

My grandmother always says that. :)

Catty1
09-25-2007, 05:40 PM
James, there would be room for you. Your kitties need your lap! :)

Dorothy39
09-25-2007, 06:09 PM
Of course all creatures have souls~ animals included~ ;)

I can't imagine Heaven ( no mortal can), yet I firmly believe that their spirits are there. ;)

Freedom
09-25-2007, 06:43 PM
Every time I gaze into the eyes of one of my pets, I have NO doubt, there is being in there, separate and apart from the body.

chocolatepuppy
09-25-2007, 07:02 PM
I believe they do. :)

kimboe
09-26-2007, 12:16 AM
I believe and think that anything living or casts a shadow has a soul or spirit.

pitc9
09-26-2007, 07:22 AM
I know all animals go to heaven, that goes without saying.

My thought is that we as humans were born with souls and with original sin; therefore we have the ability to sin and have to repent for our sins.
Animals on the other hand can not commit sins and were not born with original sin. So I don't think they have souls, they have spirits.

BitsyNaceyDog
09-26-2007, 08:33 AM
I know all animals go to heaven, that goes without saying.

My thought is that we as humans were born with souls and with original sin; therefore we have the ability to sin and have to repent for our sins.
Animals on the other hand can not commit sins and were not born with original sin. So I don't think they have souls, they have spirits.
Thats what I believe too. I usually explain it a little differently though. I believe that animals are like young children, they're innocents and cannot be held accountable for any wrongdoing.

kittycats_delight
09-26-2007, 08:35 AM
If animals don't have souls then my name isn't Michelle. :)

Laura's Babies
09-26-2007, 08:47 AM
I always tell my babies that if God made anything any sweetier than they are, He kept it in Heaven for Himself.

I am certian they have souls and go to Heaven.

moosmom
09-26-2007, 11:38 AM
They absolutely DO have souls!! My RB kitty, Casey "Bubba Dude" has been gone for 5 years now. He still comes to visit me. I can tell when he's around because his "presence" is felt on the bed. His favorite spot to sleep was on the pillow above my head. Many times I thought it was one of my current cats, but no one was there. But I could definitely feel his presence.

luvofallhorses
09-26-2007, 01:16 PM
I believe they do. :) I mean why wouldn't they? They are living, breathing creatures and of course they have souls. :)

Argranade
09-26-2007, 04:03 PM
I belive only humans have souls and animals have spirit's.

I know God would put a place up there for our loved creatures.