PDA

View Full Version : Prayers needed for Ramanth's parents...

moosmom
09-25-2007, 11:38 AM
Kimmy just called me and asked me to post this thread, as she's not near her computer.

Her parents were involved in a motorcycle accident last night. It was a motorcycle vs. dear. Her parents are okay. Mom went home last night and her Dad stayed in overnight for observation and is going home today.

They were VERY lucky in that they both wore helmets and were wearing jeans, which protected them alot (although they did still have road burn) from road rash.

So please keep Kimmy's parents in your prayers please.

((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))) and prayers to Kimmy and her family.

krazyaboutkatz
09-25-2007, 11:43 AM
I'm so sorry to hear this.:( They'll both be in my thoughts and prayers.

Cinder & Smoke
09-25-2007, 11:55 AM
:eek:

Hi God ~

THANKS a BUNCH fur keepin Kimmy's Folks frum gettin messed up inna motor-bike axkadent!

When dey get da Bike back frumma fix-zit shoppe; please make sure it's got da lil sine
onna dash dat sez "NO Huntin wiffa Motor-Cycle!"

We'll send a Purrayer that they Heal Up reel quick-like ...
and put da Trainin Wheels back onna bike fur a while!

/s/ the Prayer Pups

;)

DrKym
09-25-2007, 12:08 PM
Candles and Prayers. thanks Donna for letting us know.

Taz_Zoee
09-25-2007, 12:13 PM
You are all in my thoughts. I am glad they are okay.

Catty1
09-25-2007, 12:20 PM
Prayers that they are both well soon, with no after-effects!

Please excuse me for asking...was the deer ok?

AdoreMyDogs
09-25-2007, 12:40 PM
Thank you, God, for watching over our dear friend Kimmy's mom and dad.

Cinder & Smoke
09-25-2007, 12:52 PM
Please excuse me for asking ... was the deer ok?

The Deer doesn't normally walk away from a Deer - Bike collision any more than the 2-Leggers do.

The Deer usually gets a one-way Trip to the Bridge.

A Deer - Bike collision is a pretty serious matter ...
IF the Bike is going fast enough, and the Deer is BIG enough ...
Often NObody survives. :(

The dear Deer really need to learn to *STOP* and *LOOK * BOTH * WAYS*
before crossing the road!

Daisy and Delilah
09-25-2007, 01:04 PM
Thoughts and prayers going out from Florida :( {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

anna_66
09-25-2007, 01:46 PM
Thanks for letting us know about this Donna.

Kim, your parents will be in my thoughts and prayers.
Update us when your able.

luvofallhorses
09-25-2007, 01:55 PM
Oh no! :( Kimmy's parents will definately be in my thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery. (((hugs)))

Laura's Babies
09-25-2007, 02:15 PM
WOW! They are so lucky!!!

joycenalex
09-25-2007, 03:07 PM
big prayers for both of them. ouchie

moosmom
09-25-2007, 03:48 PM
Phred,

Kim said they were going about 35 miles per hour. She said the dear wasn't just by the roadside, he came barreling out of a cornfield. :eek:

Barbara
09-25-2007, 03:54 PM
Sending all my best wishes to Kimmy and her parents- how lucky they were!
Thanks Donna for letting us know.

Edwina's Secretary
09-25-2007, 04:33 PM
How frightening (have been on a motorcylce ride this weekend as well!) and how good that they are doing well.

My thoughts are with them.

k9krazee
09-25-2007, 04:35 PM
How Scary! Kim, your parents are most definitely in my thoughts and prayers.

lizbud
09-25-2007, 04:52 PM
Prayers and good thoughts for them both.That has got to be a scary experience.

Alysser
09-25-2007, 06:13 PM
So sorry to hear this. I really am glad they are both OK! ((hugs))

Dorothy39
09-25-2007, 06:22 PM
Thank-You Donna for letting us know about this incident~ ~~~~~ :eek:

That has got to be one "serious" experience for sure and I'm so glad that they are both doing alright!!!!!! Whew!!!! Motorcycle/Deer~ How frightning.

Prayers and Good thoughts for both of them.

Freedom
09-25-2007, 06:40 PM
Prayers from RI for Ramanth and her folks.

RedHedd
09-25-2007, 06:43 PM
Oh Deer! I'm glad to hear they're both all right!

Bengalz
09-25-2007, 07:01 PM
Healing thoughts for your parents Kim and hugs for you ... how scary and so glad everyone (except perhaps the poor deer) is alright.

crow_noir
09-26-2007, 03:08 AM
OMG! *hugs, prayers, healing vibes*

DJFyrewolf36
09-26-2007, 04:58 AM
Gosh, I'm glad her parents are ok! Deer are nothing to mess with in a car much less a motorcycle. Why they like to dart into traffic I don't know.

Prayers on the way that they recover quickly!

pitc9
09-26-2007, 07:17 AM
{{{HUGS}}} and prayers to you and your family Kimmy!!

cloverfdx
09-26-2007, 07:45 AM
Oh no good thoughts on the way :(.

4 Dog Mother
09-26-2007, 10:29 AM
How scary! Prayers coming to Kimmie and her parents!

mina'smomma
09-26-2007, 11:36 AM
Oh Kimmy they are definately in my prayers. I hope everything is ok.

Husky_mom
09-26-2007, 12:05 PM
still thinking of you....... sending healing vibes......

road rash are the worst...... hope they get well soon...... glad it was nothing mayor

cassiesmom
09-26-2007, 12:09 PM
Prayers for Kimmy's parents. I'm with djfyrewolf about wondering why deer like to pop into traffic. Around here they hang out on the edges of the forest preserves, where they tend to blend in with the trees along the road. So you almost can't see them till it's too late, especially at night.

ramanth
09-26-2007, 06:20 PM
Thank you all so much for the prayers. It's been a rough couple of days.

They had gone out to dinner and since it's been so nice these past couple of days, it didn't occur to them that the days are already getting shorter.

When they were done it was 8:30 and dark out. They opted for the back roads vs. the highway so dad could go slow.

The doe was running full tilt when she came out of the cornfield and slammed into my parents. Mom said the bike wobbled a bit and she thought dad had control of it but then they were tipping.

Mom said she opened her eyes and was on her side and her first thought was "That wasn't so bad." Then she realized dad was looking at her. She thought they had 'rode the bike' with the skid. Instead, the bike had skid 15 feet away. When dad fell, he skid, then rolled.

A witness stopped and called for help. Deputy came out and did up a report and mom and dad told him they'd ride the bike home. Officer followed them for about 5 miles and when it was obvious the bike was running okay, he let them go. They got the bike home, dad called the insurance company, then dad changed and they took themselves to the hospital in the truck.

Mom just has road rash, bumps, and bruises.

On top of that, Dad has contusions on the lungs, two broken ribs and a broken thumb. :(

Could of been worse.

Mom was discharged at 5 a.m. Tues. They wanted dad to stay for observation. Tuesday evening the doctor decided that he wanted dad to stay one more night, so he's still in the hospital. Hopefully he'll be discharged around 8 p.m. today.

Today, Jenn came out to see dad and when he cried out in pain from a muscle spasm, she passed out and hit the floor head first. O_o So she ended up in the emergency room, but she's okay.

Onneka with dad's jeans
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y164/ramanth/accident/IMG_4742.jpg

Chipper playing 'nurse-maid'
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y164/ramanth/accident/IMG_4749.jpg

Dad resting
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y164/ramanth/accident/IMG_4756.jpg

Jenn resting after her fall
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y164/ramanth/accident/IMG_4777.jpg

Next photos not for the squeamish...

Mom's wedding ring
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y164/ramanth/accident/IMG_4744.jpg

Mom's arm and hand
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y164/ramanth/accident/IMG_4761.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y164/ramanth/accident/IMG_4762.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y164/ramanth/accident/IMG_4763.jpg

Dad's arm
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y164/ramanth/accident/IMG_4775.jpg

Stiches in dad's hand and part of cast
http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y164/ramanth/accident/IMG_4753.jpg

I hope your brother get's better soon Anna. Must not be a good week for motocyclists.

lizbud
09-26-2007, 06:54 PM
OMG Kimmy, your folks must be pretty stoic. They looked totally banged up. :( I am so glad to know that this wasn't worse.

I'm already praying for smooth healing for Anna's brother & now your folks
are on my prayer list as well.

I've heard that bad luck comes in threes, but I don't want to believe it. :(

ramanth
09-26-2007, 07:04 PM
I've heard that bad luck comes in threes, but I don't want to believe it. :(
Well, Liz, this would make #3 (ish) for my dad. He's not had a good year. :( So hopefully it can only go up from here. :)

Catty1
09-26-2007, 07:04 PM
That clear stuff on the road rash...is it some kind of medical "skin" to help it heal faster?

I bet that road rash hurts worse than anything.

It looks like Jenn is laughing at herself! :)

I hope everyone mends soon. Gosh, could've been way worse, thank goodness Dad went slowly...

Did anyone see where the deer went afterwards? If it was wounded badly, one wouldn't want it to suffer... :(

ramanth
09-26-2007, 07:07 PM
The clear stuff is kind of like new skin of sorts. The ER put it on but they peeled it off the next day and used regular bactine ointment and gauze.

Did anyone see where the deer went afterwards? If it was wounded badly, one wouldn't want it to suffer... :(
Oh yeah, I forgot to answer that, thanks for reminding me. The doe in this instance fled. Really not sure how badly hurt she was. I hope she didn't suffer if she was but there was no way anyone could track her down.

Cinder & Smoke
09-26-2007, 07:58 PM
The doe was running full tilt when she came out of the cornfield and slammed into my parents.

A witness stopped and called for help.
Deputy came out and did up a report and mom and dad told him they'd ride the bike home. Officer followed them for about 5 miles and when it was obvious the bike was running okay, he let them go. They got the bike home, dad called the insurance company, then dad changed and they took themselves to the hospital in the truck.

Mom just has road rash, bumps, and bruises.

On top of that, Dad has contusions on the lungs, two broken ribs and a broken thumb. :(

:eek:
:(

Good GRIEF ... Don't folks call for an AMBULANCE for motor vehicle *crashes* in Michigan?

If that same accident happened around HERE ... the 9-1-1 Center would have sent the Coppers
AND the Fire Department. The Fire Guys would have "automatically" called a
ParaMedic Ambulance AND a Helicopter Air Ambulance - with two more Medics on board.
And that's all BEFORE anyone arrives on-scene!

Your folks "might" have talked themselves out of the Hopty-Copter ride ...
but I'd bet they would have "flunked" the Medic's exam and would have been
transported to the Hospital TRAUMA Center as a precaution.
Ride the Bike Home? ... I don't think so!

Your Folks were VERY *LUCKY*!

Poor Jenn!!
Memo to Family: When Jenn visits the Hoppsbittle - COVER UP the gory stuff
and try not to Cry Out In Pain! :p

Glad she *bounced* as well as the Folks did!
;)

Hope they ALL Feel Better - SOON!

ramanth
09-26-2007, 08:31 PM
Yeah, I know. They've been scolded. The officer wanted to call an ambulance and tow truck, but mom and dad insisted they were okay. We laugh now because dad was certain mom broke her arm and that he was just bruised. Dad's gotta be the tough guy. :rolleyes: ;) :D

4 Dog Mother
09-27-2007, 08:17 AM
Wow, both your mom and dad must be strong people - I sure would have gone to the hospital in an ambulance. I cringe just looking at their "wounds". I am glad that they were not more badly hurt.

anna_66
09-27-2007, 08:34 AM
Man Kim, your parents sound just like mine. They think they're tougher than they really are:o
It reminds me so much of the accident my parents had a few years ago.

I hope they both heal fast and don't have any long lasting effects from their injuries.
Lotsa (((HUGS))) for them both.

Thanks for the well wishes for my brother too:)

ramanth
09-27-2007, 04:48 PM
Thanks everyone! Yeah, my parents are crazy. ;)

Anna, how is your brother?

moosmom
09-27-2007, 07:04 PM
Kimmy,

Glad to hear both your parents are okay. From the looks of those photos, they are VERY lucky.

HUGS to you and your family.

DrKym
09-27-2007, 07:10 PM
Hugs

Dorothy39
09-27-2007, 07:35 PM
Geez-O- Petes ~ I felt light headed just looking at the pictures you posted of your folks, ( I didn't have the guts to click onto the other links).

Broken bones-----ugh------ and the :eek: road rash-----ouch, ouch, ouch!!!!

I'm sooooo very grateful to learn that your Dad and Mom are alright. :o

Thank-You for the update !!!!!!

Sudilar
09-27-2007, 10:09 PM
Glad your Mom and Dad are ok!!! (Jenn, too!) Prayers going out for them!

anna_66
09-28-2007, 06:54 AM
Anna, how is your brother?
Hurting but doing good.
He's having surgery this morning to have a screw put in his ankle.
Thanks for asking.
Hoping you parents are doing good.

KYS
09-28-2007, 08:19 AM
Sending good thoughts that your parents will heal fast and 100%.

mina'smomma
09-28-2007, 08:14 PM
Now I'm not sure, but did they have to cut your mom's ring off Kimmy? It looks like it but I've seen where rings have broken during an accident like what your folks have.

How are they doing today?

ramanth
09-28-2007, 11:06 PM
Yeah, they had to cut it off, Renae.

Mom and Dad are doing well. I stopped over for a visit and no groans of pain from Dad. The road rash is drying up and should hopefully heal soon. The swelling in mom's arm is going down. :)

They have a follow up with their general practioner on Monday and dad see's the bone doctor about his thumb on Wednesday.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
10-07-2007, 02:54 PM
Oh my, Kimmy! I'm SO glad your parents will be ok! Those pictures brought flashbacks to me of when my parents were in a car accident in 1999. It was a pretty bad accident and they were way worse off than your parents....and they were in a car! Your parents are very lucky, but you and they probably know that already. ;-)

Terry had a real similar experience quite a few years back also. He and a buddy were riding through a forest preserve near Chicago when a small doe ran out of the woods, right into him. The deer knocked him into the oncoming lane, but fortunately he was able to keep the bike upright, and fortunately there were no cars coming in the other lane. He didn't break anything, but his leg was so bruised that he couldn't get his boots on for 6 months afterwards. After this experience, he just couldn't bring himself to enjoy riding anymore. Everytime he tried, he kept expecting something to jump out in front of him, and he just couldn't relax and enjoy himself. Needless to say, the bike ended up sitting in the garage quite a bit, so we finally sold them.

{{{hugs}}} to you for having such a scary event happen. I know how it feels to get the call that your parents are in the hospital after an accident, and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

Pembroke_Corgi
10-07-2007, 09:49 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about your parents. :(

I'm glad to hear that they are making a good recovery, though. I hope they get well, soon!

wolf_Q
10-07-2007, 10:12 PM
I'm very sorry to hear about their accident, Kimmy. :( I'm glad they are both doing ok now. That looks so painful!

ramanth
10-07-2007, 11:16 PM
Thanks everyone! :)

Debbie, I'm sorry to hear Terry couldn't enjoy riding again. My parents plan to continue and have already orderded new helmets, but we'll see. :)

Mom's stitches came out last Monday, but her hand is still very much swollen. They took more x-rays to see if there was a break the first x-rays might have missed, but it's just a severe sprain. No breaks.

The road rash is nearly healed. Dad's ribs still give him much discomfort and his thumb is in a new cast for 3 weeks.

Despite some bruises on their legs, they are moving around better.

Thanks everyone for all the thoughts and healing vibes.

ilovemypup
10-07-2007, 11:25 PM
Oh wowee!
Your parents when through a whole lot, they are super strong!
I am glad to hear they are healing up nicely !

Sending good thoughts and wishes to them and to you!:)

((Hugs))

-ali