PDA

View Full Version : I need help.....

kari9778
08-02-2002, 07:59 PM
Hi, my name's Kari I just moved to my first apt in NYC. I have ALWAYS had a dog, I love them so much and really, really miss not having a four legged best friend. Our apartment is a duplex with three floors and I'm worried this might be tough for a dog. I want to rescue a dog from a shelter, not a puppy, but a dog over 6 months that might otherwise be overlooked. I just wanted some advice. My boyfriend and I live together and he LOVES dogs almost as much as I do. But we both work from about 9 to 5 and I'm worried that a dog will be lonely and bored in our apartment for that many hours, but then again I think that a dog will be so much better with me then in a shelter. It's tough b/c I want a dog so much, but I want to make a dog very happy with me.
I'd love some advice
Kari
Thanks so Much

Sara luvs her Tinky
08-02-2002, 08:38 PM
Hi Kari and WELCOME TO PET TALK

I am really cruddy at advice but I think what you could do is check around at the shelters for a dog with a personality that fits your needs. Like a dog that is not very needy or clingy that is o.k. with being left alone for periods of time. I would think the shelter workers will know their personalities. Good luck finding a doggy friend!!:)

kari9778
08-03-2002, 09:00 AM
Thanks Sara!
what cutie pies you have. Have a great weekend!
Kari

Albea
08-03-2002, 11:51 AM
Sara's advice was very good. Also, do you know anybody who could come during the day, when you are away, to take the dog for a walk and keep him/her company? There are many people who do that for a living in NYC, although I don't know how expensive that is. I hope you can solve this problem and find just the perfect companion. Good luck.
Alicia