PDA

View Full Version : Baby peanut happy where he/she is

sparks19
09-24-2007, 09:58 AM
Well.....

it's gonna be a while lol. Unless a miracle happens and I go on my own this week which doesn't look good lol.

Went to the Dr;s today and she gave me an exam.... I am not dialated at all and my cervix hasn't thinned hardly at all. She said that even if they DID induce me now it would likely end in C section because my body is just NOT ready to have the baby yet.

the nurse listened to the heartbeat to check to see if it was erratic or anything and she was pleasantly surprised to find that it was steady at 134 bpm.... no fluctuations at all.

The Dr measured my belly and felt the baby and she thinks it's a big one.... she said probably over 8 lbs and long but she has scheduled an ultrasound for wednesday to check for the actual size. I am also scheduled for a non stress test for Friday just to make sure the baby isn't under any stress and is doing well.... but from what they saw and heard today that baby is perfectly happy to just stay RIGHT where it is. lol

I have another Dr's appt on Monday and at that point they will set up a date for me to be induced..... with the baby being large already they don't me to go too far overdue and they don't want to torture me like that LOL.

So it looks like my original due date of October 3rd may be correct afterall.

jackie
09-24-2007, 10:29 AM
i think I blacked out for a minute at the words 8lbs and long.

My friend gave birth in August and she was nearly 2 weeks past her due date. She told me a couple days before she gave birth, she was going to be pregnant forever and was coming to terms with it. :p

Karen
09-24-2007, 10:55 AM
Time to start typing up the eviction notice!

prechrswife
09-24-2007, 01:49 PM
I can sympathize. Katherine was due on the 27th of July, and she wasn't born until August 6 (and that was being induced).

sparks19
09-24-2007, 02:50 PM
Yeah I'm thinking I'm gonna have to be induced. Unless a miracle happens and the baby decides it's ready to come out (which I doubt lol) in the next few days I will be induced next week.

Unless the non stress test shows the baby is under any kind of stress. if there is any stress they will induce right away but it seems as though the baby couldn't be more stress free at the moment lol.

But on the plus side my mom is coming on October 4th so she just may be lucky enough to make it here for the birth. She says she won't wish for that though because she knows how much it sucks to be overdue lol.

My original due date was october 3rd though so it seems they may have been right the first time ;)

Feels like the past nine months went faster than this past week. time is standing still.

AdoreMyDogs
09-24-2007, 04:31 PM
Have you tried brisk walking? I know you are probablly uncomfortable, but if you get in a good walk every day it WILL help move things along. I went to the mall every day and just walked and walked until I could not walk anymore. It was not comfortable but it worked and it got me enough dialated and thinned that when I was induced, it went pretty quick and easy.

Try walking briskly. Every day. Walk even though it's not the most comfortable thing in the world.

Good luck and hang in there :)

Logan
09-24-2007, 05:03 PM
Sparks, I did every trick in the book, even some that I can't mention on this public board, and still my baby would not come! :p That baby is going to come when it is ready, or when your doctor says "enough is enough". I think I might have qualified as dialated one centimeter when they finally said it was time to make that baby come!

It was a long time ago, almost 17 years, but it was winter and we (the USA) were in the throws of Desert Storm. I always figured that my baby (my Helen) was happier in "there", than out here. But two weeks after my due date, they finally induced my labor, broke my water, and 12 hours later, I had my girl! She is not one to be late, in real life, thank goodness.

I wish you all the patience in the world. I had my calendar all set for that Jan. 15 due date, then had to start counting the other way! My one and only finally arrived on Jan. 29, at 5:50 pm. I think that she would probably still be in there had they not made her come! She was 8 lbs, 5 oz, and to this day, she is perfect in every way. Your baby will be too.

Logan

caseysmom
09-25-2007, 11:28 AM
Hey Sparks....any news this morning???

I feel for you, both of mine were early.

sparks19
09-25-2007, 01:53 PM
Well I lost my "plug" this morning.... although that doesn't nessecarily mean anything I will choose to be optimistic and see it as a sign that things are happening LOL

caseysmom
09-25-2007, 01:55 PM
That could be a good sign, any sensations?

sparks19
09-25-2007, 02:04 PM
That could be a good sign, any sensations?

Not really. I have apparently been having some contractions where my stomach gets really hard but no pain or discomfort really along with it. and I have been having those for a little while and there is no pattern with them yet.

Cookiebaker
09-25-2007, 02:20 PM
Oooh! Good Luck!!! Lydia was born 36 hours after losing my plug (tmi?? :o ) .... so really you could be in the final countdown!!! :D Best of luck for an easy labor!!! :)

sparks19
09-25-2007, 02:38 PM
Oooh! Good Luck!!! Lydia was born 36 hours after losing my plug (tmi?? :o ) .... so really you could be in the final countdown!!! :D Best of luck for an easy labor!!! :)

Definitely NOT TMI.... I am very happy to hear that LOL. I hope that is the case here. Although I did tell hubby he was safe to go play hockey tonight :eek:

And thanks for all the well wishes everyone

Glacier
09-25-2007, 02:56 PM
I hope your little one makes a safe, healthy arrival as soon as she/he is ready!

At least you'll have a good story to tell for years. 35 years later, my Mother still likes to tell the story of how big I was and how horribly overdue!

sparks19
09-25-2007, 03:13 PM
I hope your little one makes a safe, healthy arrival as soon as she/he is ready!

At least you'll have a good story to tell for years. 35 years later, my Mother still likes to tell the story of how big I was and how horribly overdue!

LOL same with my mom. Not to mention how I kicked the heck out of her throughout the pregnancy lol.

BitsyNaceyDog
09-25-2007, 03:56 PM
It was about 48 hours for me. I lost it Sunday night, my water broke Tuesday morning, and Nathan was born Tuesday evening.

Hopefully baby will be here very soon!