PDA

View Full Version : President of Iran to visit Ground Zero...your thoughts??

moosmom
09-23-2007, 05:47 PM
I'm watching the news right now and just saw a piece on the President Iran is going to speak at Columbia University and visit Ground Zero.

A LOT of people are up in arms about his visit. He has said that the Holacaust is a farce and that Israel should be wiped off the map. :mad: :eek:

My opinion is that he should stay away from Ground Zero, as a visit would be like spitting on the graves of all the victims of 911.

Anyone else care to comment??

Laura's Babies
09-23-2007, 05:56 PM
Lets hope the people who lost loved ones there that day are there to greet him!

Lady's Human
09-23-2007, 06:03 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,297738,00.html

Actually, his visit to ground zero was canned by the NYPD.

moosmom
09-23-2007, 06:19 PM
LH,

Good!! I'm watching 60 Minutes right now as they interview him. He is a smug 6a$tard that danced around every question he was asked. He was asked what, if any endearing quality he saw in Bush and he couldn't answer.

Marigold2
09-23-2007, 09:34 PM
Perhaps just perhaps some common ground can be found. Perhaps he will look into our eyes and see kindness, love, laughter and hope and not just gun fodder.

Lady's Human
09-23-2007, 09:42 PM
Being that Iran is actually run by the mullahs, the President is nothing more than a figurehead. It matters not what he sees during his propoganda tour.

Karen
09-23-2007, 10:20 PM
The decision was made by local, not national government. I would have wanted to be in charge of security for his visit, and apparently the NYPD didn't want to, either.

I also heard that the place he wanted to visit is not open to the public now anyway, and I get the distinct impression his even expressing a wish to visit it was done for the ensuing hullabaloo it would cause - and which the media and the American public has played right into, and was not genuine in the first place.

Grace
09-23-2007, 10:54 PM
Since neither Iran nor Iraq had anything to do with 9/11, I don't see any problem with him visiting the site. Now if it was the ruler of Saudi Arabi, where the majority of the hi-jackers were from - that would be another matter.

jackie
09-24-2007, 08:38 AM
He was asked what, if any endearing quality he saw in Bush and he couldn't answer.

I couldn't answer that either.

momoffuzzyfaces
09-24-2007, 01:12 PM
I think he should stay in Iran!!! Quite frankly, I was afraid the wreath he wanted to put at ground zero would have been for the terrorists!!! :mad:

I DO NOT LIKE THAT MAN AT ALL!

jennielynn1970
09-24-2007, 02:42 PM
He was asked what, if any endearing quality he saw in Bush and he couldn't answer.

Do you actually know of one?! LOL! "Endearing" is not a quality I can say I find in our President.

RICHARD
09-24-2007, 04:29 PM
Do you actually know of one?! LOL! "Endearing" is not a quality I can say I find in our President.

Or most of the politicians in D.C.

----------------

The prez of Iran needs a makeover badly.

momoffuzzyfaces
09-24-2007, 05:15 PM
Gee Whiz! I don't think the Prez of Iran enjoyed himself very much. I'll just cry buckets and buckets of tears over it! :D
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070924/ap_on_re_us/iran_us

Lady's Human
09-24-2007, 05:22 PM
He played the media like a fiddle, and got precisely what he wanted, publicity and a stage.

lizbud
09-24-2007, 05:23 PM
That guy is creepy. Looks like the kind of person who could kill you while
still grinning like an idiot. :eek:

momoffuzzyfaces
09-24-2007, 05:30 PM
That guy is creepy. Looks like the kind of person who could kill you while
still grinning like an idiot. :eek:
That's where I've seen that look before. He looks like Norman Bates from Psychio!!!

He seems a bit miffed that he couldn't sway anyone to his way of thinking about 9/11. (well Maybe Rosie O)
HELLO MR CRAZY MAN!!! WE SAW IT HAPPEN!!! :p

ratdogg
09-24-2007, 06:11 PM
My opinion is that he should stay away from Ground Zero, as a visit would be like spitting on the graves of all the victims of 911.

Anyone else care to comment??

Iranians are good people. stop stereotyping them

jackie
09-24-2007, 06:13 PM
Iranians are good people. stop stereotyping them

Don't see how she is stereotyping all Iranians by giving her opinion on their president. :confused:

Lady's Human
09-24-2007, 06:14 PM
No one is stereotyping Iranians. All comments made here have been about their "elected" president, and the mullahs who actually run the country.

ratdogg
09-24-2007, 09:34 PM
the point of my comment is to point out that even moosmom is highly emotional to certain topics. my ridiculous cop comments are of the same quality as moosmom's. since when is spitting on a grave the same as a foreign leader visiting ground zero? what did Iran have to do with the terrorist attacks?

edit:
from another thread:

Not all cops are bad so stop stereotyping them.

caseysmom
09-24-2007, 09:38 PM
I spent 6 weeks in Iran and most of the average people do not like the mullahs. I don't believe anyone was talking bad about Iranians, most Iranians talk the same way about the leadership they have right now.

Watch for a civil war in Iran, its been brewing a long time.

Lady's Human
09-24-2007, 10:03 PM
What does Iran have to do with terrorism?

Not much, just finance, weapons supplies, instigation, personnel, training, ........

ratdogg
09-24-2007, 10:07 PM
let me clarify. what in the world did Iran have to do with 9/11? i'd love to see you answer that one.

edit:
oh and i orginally asked what Iran had to with THE terrorIST attacks....not terrorism in general. Thanks for seeing what you want to see! Glad your reading comprehension is up to task.

edit edit:
and on a side note I'd just like to say that caseysmom has a much more rational pro-Iran comment than me. Lets just focus on that one.

Lady's Human
09-24-2007, 10:15 PM
Iran? 9/11? not much, if anything. HOWEVER.......

There are numerous other terrorist attacks that they have been linked with. Hezbollah ring a bell? Hezbollah is pretty much a sock puppet of the Mullahs.

Maybe you recall 444 days spent by US Embassy personnel as "guests" of the Mullahs? The good President of Iran was fingered by one of the hostages as one of his captors. It used to be that attacking an embassy was an act of war. I guess President Carter didn't see it that way.

No direct link to 9/11 other than guilt by association, but the man does NOT belong in this country for any reason.

ratdogg
09-24-2007, 10:16 PM
Iran? 9/11? not much, if anything.

thank you.

ratdogg
09-24-2007, 10:18 PM
oh and if you want to talk about foreign leaders and hostages/massacres lets bring up Ariel Sharon. Search through the weight loss thread, take one look at me and guess which side I'm on.

Grace
09-24-2007, 10:22 PM
Free speech - the First Amendment - this country supposedly guarantees this right. Does Iran - not likely. By letting him speak here, we showed that we, as a country, are better than Iran.

If it was unpatriotic to criticize the Government, we would still be English.

Lady's Human
09-24-2007, 11:05 PM
Search through the weight loss thread, take one look at me and guess which side I'm on.

Frankly, I don't care what you look like, and anyone who makes assumptions based solely on appearance is a fool.

ratdogg
09-24-2007, 11:30 PM
my name isn't Frank.

edit:
oh wait, am i allowed to mention the posts that were deleted by Karen?

Lady's Human
09-24-2007, 11:40 PM
I wouldn't advise it, but if you feel you must PM the mayor and ask.

RICHARD
09-25-2007, 02:35 AM
here's a little food for thought.

Waaaaayyy back when the hostages were in Iran I worked with a wonderful, beautiful woman who was from Persia.

It took me a while to figure out that Persia was a "code" for Iran.
Then I pieced it together that she was trying to distance herself from the wackos that had taken over after the Shah.

I felt badly for her because she was a good person that didn't want to be associated with a bunch of thugs, psychos and zealots that took over a country, much like the Taliban did in Afghanistan.

--------

It's a a hoot when I hear that leaders of democratic countries are labeled as 'Terrorists'. I seem remember the leader of Fatah playing stupid with the people under his reign. He stole millions of dollars from his people, paid the families of homicode bombers and generally advocated that young people die for his cause.

------

The problemn with Mr Badly dressed Prez and the mullahs is that they are facing the population wanting the freedoms that are found in the western countires. They see how they are being oppressed and want the same ideology that all free countries share.

Lol,
Of course, should Iran ever be free, they will have to face the worst possible consequence of all.

Large Supermarkets knowing what they buy when they use the store discount card.

Oh, the humanity! :mad:

columbine
09-25-2007, 09:29 AM
The guy is a clown, a zealot and a lousy actor who can't even backpedal gracefully. Even those who agree with his assessment that Palestine is paying the price for the Holocaust smacked their foreheads in exasperation to hear it coming out of the mouth of this grandstanding two-bit lout. But good for Columbia for giving him enough rope.

momoffuzzyfaces
09-25-2007, 04:53 PM
------

The problemn with Mr Badly dressed Prez and the mullahs is that they are facing the population wanting the freedoms that are found in the western countires. They see how they are being oppressed and want the same ideology that all free countries share.

One thing that struck me as odd about the Iran Pres speach; he bragged that there are no gay people in Iran. HELLO! Could that be because you kill them all?
But he's not a terrorist? No of course not! He has other's kill them. :(

I got to know several young Iranian men who came here to school in the 80s. They were very nice and polite and I enjoyed having them as next door neighbors. Just so you will know, I don't equate all Iranians with their leader.

moosmom
09-26-2007, 12:09 PM
No direct link to 9/11 other than guilt by association, but the man does NOT belong in this country for any reason.

AMEN, LH!!!!!

ratdogg
09-26-2007, 11:52 PM
guilt by association? so now Iran and Bin Laden are linked? just like Iraq and Bin laden were linked.....this hardly seems worth even trying to talk about.

RICHARD
09-27-2007, 01:45 AM
guilt by association? so now Iran and Bin Laden are linked? just like Iraq and Bin laden were linked.....this hardly seems worth even trying to talk about.

Can we type about it then? ;)

Lady's Human
09-27-2007, 05:00 AM
Iran is the main source for funds, training, weapons, and other support for Hezbollah. There is at least one known link between Hezbollah and Al Qaeda (a meeting in 2002). The President of a country which openly supports terrorists should not be in this country for any reason.

After doing some searching, Iran has a slightly more solid link to Bin Laden than I thought:

http://www.meforum.org/article/670