PDA

View Full Version : I've got to be outta my mind!!! Possible new nekkid girl...

moosmom
09-23-2007, 04:34 PM
Now that Lexie Joon is settled in her new furrrever home, I got a call from Joe, the breeder I adopted her from. He told me that there is a 7 year old Sphynx female that his friends are looking to rehome and asked me if I was interested (do little brown bears poop in the woods???). The original owner moved to Palm Springs and didn't take her with them (why I'll never know). She is depressed as she misses her hoomans. He said that I was the first person he thought of, since they were looking to place her in a home with an experienced Sphynx owner who knows the breed, not just someone who wants her as a novelty. I jumped at the opportunity. I'm waiting to hear back from the guy who is fostering her.

I'll keep ya posted. Her name is Isis (not fond of the name). Do ya think it's too late to change her name???

Craftlady
09-23-2007, 04:37 PM
How exciting. Gotta say, keep the name after 7 years she knows it :)

Scooter's Mom
09-23-2007, 05:14 PM
You'd still be keeping little Ali, right? She sure seems to need your love.

I hope it all works out for you! You're a terrific kitty mommie, and any little one is tremendously lucky to have you!

krazyaboutkatz
09-23-2007, 05:15 PM
I hope that everything will work out for her.:) If she knows her name then keep it and if not then I'm sure you'll think of another great name. Good luck.:)

Karen
09-23-2007, 05:20 PM
Maybe you could change it to something similar, like Iris, if you like that better ... you can always try, and see how it goes!

moosmom
09-23-2007, 05:30 PM
I'm absolutely keeping Alicat. I think rehoming her at this point would be detrimental to her socialization.

7 years is a long time to answer to the name Isis, so I guess it'll stay.

Laura's Babies
09-23-2007, 05:31 PM
Can't wait for pictures!!!! I'd keep her name since she has had it for so long... Bad enough that her owners gave her away... If I did have to change it, I would wait until she has settled in and gets comfortable.

sasvermont
09-23-2007, 05:53 PM
I never call any of my pets by just one name. Many times I change the name so dramatically that I am surprised when they appear. Most times they respond to my voice and tone and could care less which name is being used. Miley knew her name but would show up when I called anyone's name...just in case she was needed too!

I say call her whatever you want. She will be starved for affection and attention and will probably become a velcro kitty as soon as she arrives. See, I have her there with you already!

I would worry more about her "getting along" with the other pets...... not so much about her name..... but then I am a worry wart!

Good luck. Keep us posted.

Sas and her campers ;)

kimlovescats
09-23-2007, 06:08 PM
All of my cats know their names. I've tested it before, and they can be scattered around the room and when I call a name, the correct one will look at me! Of course, I think she would associate whatever YOU call her with YOU, but maybe it would be a nice idea to make her feel more comfortable with her name for so long. Can't wait to hear more and "meet" her! I hope she will get along with the others! I am SO glad that you are still keeping little Ali too!!!

Kim

DrKym
09-23-2007, 06:21 PM
I love the name Isis... was going to call Lj that when we first got her, then she stayed with you....soooooo haha I have Lex and you got Lexies name!

Hugs!

Freedom
09-23-2007, 06:41 PM
I'm absolutely keeping Alicat. I think rehoming her at this point would be detrimental to her socialization.

OMG I am SO happy!!! This is the first I've read that you will keep her! So it's official then? YIPPEE!

Oh, it is nice you are taking in Isis, but *my heart goes pitter patter* Ali has her home!

catmandu
09-23-2007, 06:54 PM
That Reminds Me Of The Day In December 2005 When My Friend The Breeder Phoned And Asked If I Was Interested In Adopting Two Oriental Shorthairs. I Hesitated But I Am Of Course Delighted Now By Miquelito And Pouncierge!!!
As For The Name , Remember The Line In Romeo And Juliet.
A Rose By Any Other Name Would Be As Sweet.
CON CAT ULATIONS ON YOUR ADOPTION OF ISIS.

cassiesmom
09-23-2007, 07:24 PM
Moosmom, I don't think seven years is too old to learn a new name. From what I've learned from you and Buttercup132 about Sphynx kitties, they are extremely smart, so she should have a new name down in no time flat. Welcome, new Sphynx cat!

moosmom
09-23-2007, 07:51 PM
Freedom,

Well, I really think it wouldn't be a good idea to rehome her, since she's become used to me and my crew. She comes for head scritchies, and comes running when it's time for their canned food. She adores MooShoo and is constantly rubbing against him for attention. She's still a little skittish, so I don't make any sudden moves.

I haven't told Kim yet. I know she has yet to be spayed (not for another 2 months). I can have her spayed right here in CT by the TEAM (Tate's Every Animal Matters). It's a low cost spay/neuter van that travels across CT fixing cats. The cost is $66 for everything including deworming, earmite treatment, spay/neuter, vaccinations and nail trim. Since she's has all of that except for the spay, it'll be easy.

Grace
09-23-2007, 10:52 PM
I never call any of my pets by just one name. Many times I change the name so dramatically that I am surprised when they appear. Most times they respond to my voice and tone and could care less which name is being used. Miley knew her name but would show up when I called anyone's name...just in case she was needed too!

I say call her whatever you want. She will be starved for affection and attention and will probably become a velcro kitty as soon as she arrives. See, I have her there with you already!

I would worry more about her "getting along" with the other pets...... not so much about her name..... but then I am a worry wart!

Good luck. Keep us posted.

Sas and her campers ;)

I agree about the name. We got Red as a stray from the woods - have no idea what his name was, but it did not take him long to respond to Red. And Charley, our newest, another stray. Don't think he ever had a name. Now he comes when I call - no matter the name I am calling. He responds to my voice - not the word(s) I use.

Catty1
09-23-2007, 11:04 PM
Just say to Mooshoo: "Here's your new Ice Sis!"

(ok, I tried..... :D )

DrKym
09-24-2007, 12:19 AM
Just say to Mooshoo: "Here's your new Ice Sis!"

(ok, I tried..... :D )

LMAO Can I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and Moo auntie Kym loves you tell Mom get over it!(wish we had a kissy face like yahoo) but kisses Donna anyhow!

DrKym
09-24-2007, 12:22 AM
OMG I am SO happy!!! This is the first I've read that you will keep her! So it's official then? YIPPEE!

Oh, it is nice you are taking in Isis, but *my heart goes pitter patter* Ali has her home!

Sweetie did you really think my BF would have let her go? silly you *giggles evilly* :p

DrKym
09-24-2007, 12:24 AM
Freedom,

Well, I really think it wouldn't be a good idea to rehome her, since she's become used to me and my crew. She comes for head scritchies, and comes running when it's time for their canned food. She adores MooShoo and is constantly rubbing against him for attention. She's still a little skittish, so I don't make any sudden moves.

I haven't told Kim yet. I know she has yet to be spayed (not for another 2 months). I can have her spayed right here in CT by the TEAM (Tate's Every Animal Matters). It's a low cost spay/neuter van that travels across CT fixing cats. The cost is $66 for everything including deworming, earmite treatment, spay/neuter, vaccinations and nail trim. Since she's has all of that except for the spay, it'll be easy.

so my paypal should include my NEW nieces spay???? you have all my paswords just let me know if ya need it or transfer it LOVE ya hun :)

Medusa
09-24-2007, 09:29 AM
Wow, what great news! As for the name, I call my fur posse by so many different names, it's ridiculous. But they come when called anyhow. Puddy is Brat Cat, Shnorkey, Queenie, Doodle, Pudilator, Pudster, etc. She answers to all of them. Chances are Isis will answer to several names, too. Congrats!

sirrahved
09-24-2007, 10:34 AM
We didn't know Iris' name when we got her. She's about 7. She took to her new name after only a few days. It wasn't even close to her old name (Sugars).