PDA

View Full Version : A Letter from a Soldier...

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
09-22-2007, 11:28 PM
Luckily for me, while Butch was in Shelby, I was able to talk to him on the phone nearly everyday. Then, on the 9th of August, they got shipped to Kuwait and are now in Iraq. I've been getting two or three emails a week, if I'm lucky.

About a week ago, I got one from him that said, "We've been getting bombed a lot lately on missions... We're leaving tomorrow for another mission, it should be an interesting night, I hope..."

There is really nothing scarier than getting a message like that and not hearing from him for a week.

I finally got a reply this morning (2am, lol) and a picture! He said the mission went fine, they only got bombed twice, and they found three others. He sent me a wonderful picture of him in uniform. I'll have to post it when I get it resized.

Just a note to remind everyone to cherish your moments with your loved ones. I lost him way too quickly this summer, and now I'm stuck with a random email every now and then. Forgive, forget, and go on, guys. Love while you can and cherish EVERY moment with your spouses, family, kids, parents, friends... everyone. Don't let it slip away!

Karen
09-23-2007, 12:00 AM
How nice that he still writes, even if it is sporadically. Think how much more fortunate you are than those with friends in previous wars, before the days of email, when they'd have to wait weeks or even months for a letter, and when phone calls were impossible in the field in most cases, so had to be saved for rare events.

Tell him we are all wishing he, and all our soldiers, especially he, Brian and others who are beloved of Pet Talkers, will stay safe as possible and come back physically and mentally well.

cyber-sibes
09-23-2007, 05:35 AM
Yes, e-mail is amazing, isn't it?
Keeping all our troops in prayer. :)

joycenalex
09-23-2007, 06:25 AM
yes, many prayers for our troops, both far away from home and always near to our hearts

crow_noir
09-24-2007, 04:29 AM
*hugs*