PDA

View Full Version : Sophie the Terror

zippy-kat
08-02-2002, 01:24 PM
I am at my wits end with Sophie. Wednesday, Thursday, (and what we've had today) have been absolutely terrible and I'm about ready to string her up by her (cute) parsley-lovin' toes!

I have moved back in with my parents but the change isn't out of the ordinary. Sophie knows this is her 'second home,' as we use to visit frequently and spend the holidays here. She is familiar with everyone, everything. Nothing in her diet or routine has changed with the exception of her 'cage time.' Here, it tends to be a little bit more than normal. There isn't much traffic in/out of my room (where Sophie stays) so that's about the same as where we use to live.

The problem:
Just recently she has gone from cuddly-cutsie to complete terror. She chews/digs the carpet (she hasn't done this since a baby), she does the same with the bed sheets/comforter. (She has plenty of toys available for her to play with--so I don't think it's boredom causing this).

I know SHE knows she doin' "naughties" b/c she turns around to make sure I'm watching & if I start after her, she runs in her cage and lays down, "Honest, it wasn't me mom!" A cry for attention? I find that a bit hard to believe; she's lavished with kisses, scratches, cuddles, toys.

I have the underneath of my bed blocked off so she can't get under there--twice (both last night/early this morning) she managed to wedge herself in a tight place--getting stuck--and I had to take both mattresses off to get her out! :mad: (Kinda funny now--but it sure wasn't at 4 and 5 in the morning!)

I have no idea what has gotten into her but I hope it works itself out soon!

Hmmm...the store was out of parsley and we had to settle for cilantro...suppose she is a parsley junkie? Possibly the parsley is working its way out of her system?:rolleyes:

lbaker
08-02-2002, 01:30 PM
Is there a new carpet or piece of furniture that might have a strange odor noticed only by the super sensitive nose of Miz Sophie?? New carpet cleaner the folks might have used or something? Not knowing nearly as much as you about buns in general (and the one and only Miz S especially) I'm just grasping at straws:( :confused: - Auntie Laurie

Cinder & Smoke
08-02-2002, 01:41 PM
:eek:
Klassik Parsley-Withdrawn Simtumz,
sez Dokturz Cinder & Smokey! :rolleyes:

Onlee fix - pass out sum Parsley!

Hey Sophie ~

Better grab the Hint - Yer Mom's gettin a
LOT uppy-set wiff the :eek: she-nani-ginz ~
Better ease up an start to Hop Rite!

Youze the mostest-luv'd an bestest-cared for
Bunnie inna Wurld - better not *b-l-o-w**i-t*!

Eet sum Parsley - we're sure Mom iz gonna dash rite out
an *buy* a BIG Klump a fresh stuff -

Then start aktin like da Good Bunnie you C-A-N- Be! ;)

zippy-kat
08-02-2002, 02:03 PM
Laurie--the only difference might be the smell of the other animals, but Soph should be used to them. (She does terrorize the cats, but where she's chewing/digging isn't where the cats lay.) I have no idea what's gotten into her!!

Cinder/Smoke-- Thanks for givin' Soph a talkin' to--but I'd better shower and put on the face-paint afore I go to the store (just crawled out of bed)--I might scarez sumbuddie!:eek:

momoffuzzyfaces
08-02-2002, 02:13 PM
Our Princess being Nawtee? I just can't believe it. Maybe she's just homesick for the other place. I hope the parsley treat does the trick. A different house & no parsley is enough to make any girl cranky.:eek:

zippy-kat
08-02-2002, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by momoffuzzyfaces
Our Princess being Nawtee? I just can't believe it.

LOL I seem to be gettin' that very same reaction from a number of members! lol ;)