PDA

View Full Version : In your own words

Medusa
09-22-2007, 12:15 PM
Greetings!
I'm working on a project which could use your input. Could you please tell me in your own words what joy is to you? Write as little or as much as you like. I'm writing an article that may develop into a book and will need your written permission to print what you write. I realize we're all so busy nowadays but if you can find the time, I'd appreciate your thoughts on joy.

slleipnir
09-22-2007, 12:21 PM
Joy is looking into the faces of my fur babies.

kuhio98
09-22-2007, 12:29 PM
Joy to me is the feeling I get when I believe that my actions and/or contributions to a situation had a postive impact. It could be as simple as smiling to a stranger on the street. I feel joy when I believe I have made a difference. When I have contributed -- not contaminated -- a situation.

mike001
09-22-2007, 12:43 PM
Joy to me is waking up in the morning knowing God gave me another day with my loves ones.
It is being with family and sharing special occasions with them.
It is seeing the faces of the eldery or shut ins light up when I visit with my dog.
Joy is watching yet another beautiful sunrise or sunset.It is looking around and seeing the beauty God created for everyone to enjoy.
Joy is helping my friends and family .

I'VE BEEN BOO'D :cool:

Whisk_Luva
09-22-2007, 01:05 PM
Joy to me is watching my mentally handicapped sister go through life with a big smile on her face- no matter what happens, she is always giggling :D

Joy is opening my pets cage to see them staring back at me and knowing that I have another great day of cuddles with them :D

If I think of anymore I will post them ;)

Hellow
09-22-2007, 01:12 PM
Joy to me is seeing all of my fur babies every day. Joy is also knowing that you have helped someone out with somthing.

Catty1
09-22-2007, 05:57 PM
Joy - when my hopes are bouncing! :)

catmandu
09-22-2007, 07:24 PM
Joy is the hungry Porch Cats enjoying the dishes of food that are left out for them, and the fact that the little ttreats of steak fat is greeted with delight.
Joy is seeing My Found Cats, once lost all curled up on thier beds. And when Helen of the Animal Wlfare Association tells me how well a rehomed Cat is doing in thier New Furr Ever Homes.
And Joy is being older, retired and free to live life a lot more on my own terms.
Joy is rejoicing in the good thats in our World.
And hwen my Friends on Pet Talk have gift exchanges and hoping thier Cats like thier gifts as much as we do!!!

krazyaboutkatz
09-22-2007, 07:47 PM
Joy to me is when my furkids give me unconditional love.:)

slick
09-22-2007, 08:38 PM
Hmmmm, what is joy to me?
I feel joy when I see a flock of geese flying in formation.
I feel joy when I see a sunrise or a sunset.
I feel joy when I see a rainbow.
I feel joy on a cold winter's eve when I'm cuddled in a blanket in front of the fire with my furbaby, Max.
I feel joy when I've made someone happy.
I feel joy when I know I've helped someone.
I feel joy when I'm in the company of the people who mean the most to me.
I feel joy when I accomplish a difficult task at work.
I feel joy when I hear children giggling, laughing and enjoying life.
I feel joy at Christmas time.
I feel joy because I know God and He loves me unconditionally.
I feel joy because when it's my time to pass on God will be there to welcome me and I'll see my Dad and Grandma again.

If any of this is worthy of inclusion on your book, you have my consent to use any part of this post.

Where do I line up for the book signing??:D

Karen
09-22-2007, 08:42 PM
Joy is the bubbling up of your spirit
That effortlessly lifts your cheeks into a smile
It is soul-deep glee
It is happiness multiplied exponentially
Joy is the news of a healthy babe's arrival
Joy is the birdsong that greets a new day
Joy is making a loved one happy
Joy is love returned

CathyBogart
09-22-2007, 09:32 PM
Joy is riding through the hills, feeling the wind, thinking of nothing but what is around the next bend.

columbine
09-22-2007, 09:39 PM
Joy is when I can let go of all the rotten stuff that I can't do anything about, all the rotten stuff that I could do more about, and all the rotten stuff that I've actually caused, and just be a part of all the goodness that surrounds me. It comes unexpectedly with the scent of woodsmoke on the first cool day in autumn, in the middle of the night when I wake to hear my cat snoring peacefully down by my feet, or just at the sound of a song I really like. I'm so "Lawful-Good" that you couldn't even cast me in a game without lousing up the story; too hyperresponsible to experience flat-out joy that often. But when I do, I really appreciate it!

Love, Columbine

Sevaede
09-22-2007, 10:46 PM
Joy is connecting at the heart.

rg_girlca
09-22-2007, 11:57 PM
What JOY is too me.

JOY is hearing "I love you" from both my sons as they kiss me goodbye.
JOY is coming home from a hard day at work and my furbabies come to greet me.
JOY is seeing a beautiful rainbow after a soft rainfall.
JOY is waking up to a beautiful summer morning.
JOY is sitting on the beach, listening to the waves.
JOY is seeing a smile on my closest friends baby boy's face.
JOY is giving a hug.
JOY is being with my family on any given day.
JOY is remembering the good times in my life.
JOY is having friends who understand me.
JOY is when I see an elderly couple walking down the street holding hands.
JOY is when I find the perfect home for the cats I rescue off the street.
JOY is when sometimes I fall asleep with a smile on my face thinking about the fabulous day I had.

Grace
09-23-2007, 10:36 AM
Joy is -

The music of Mozart
The first snowfall of the winter
Snuggling with my husband in front of the fire
Snuggling with any of the cats
2004 - when the Red Sox won the World Series
My grandsons

moosmom
09-23-2007, 11:13 AM
Joy to me is watching my 31 year old cancer survivor daughter live her life to the fullest.

Joy is the feeling I get when a feral cat I've been working to socialize walks into my hand for a pet.

Joy is waking up everyday to a new challenge and meeting it.

Joy is the feeling I get when I smell cigar smoke, knowing my Dad is there watching over me.

Joy is waking up in the morning after a dream about my family.

Joy is the love I get from my furbabies.

Marigold2
09-23-2007, 11:49 AM
Joy is a hot shower in the morning

Sleeping in

My children safe and happy and whole

My flowers blooming on a summer day

Soft gentle snowfall in the wee hours of the morning

Joy is laughing till your belly hurts

Joy is the sound of a friends voice

Joy is a fresh baked cookie with a cup of coffee

Joy is opening up the bedroom door and having two bunnies hop to me

Joy is my cat kissing my face in the morning to wake me.

Joy is being loved by my children and animals.

Alysser
09-23-2007, 06:26 PM
Joy is anything that gives you the slightest happy spark in your life. :)

Chilli
09-23-2007, 06:51 PM
Joy is my aunt. Such a nice name given to such a crazy woman. :D

Naw, really..
To me, Joy comes when I see other people so very happy. I had this english teacher(one of the most pleasant people I have ever met) who always told jokes at the end of class. I won't lie, they were the corniest jokes ever, but the way she told them made the whole class just light up with laughter. My teacher would tell them, then just throw her head back is laughter. You couldn't help but laugh along, and it always filled you with joy. :]

Catsnclay
09-23-2007, 06:53 PM
I happened to look at the obituaries today, and this caught my eye for some reason. I do not know this person, but she seems like a very beautiful
woman.

She wrote her own obituary which I thought was touching. Although this applies to Cancer, you can apply this to really anything.

I thought this was really touching and it may not be exactly what you were looking for, but this actually did bring tears & joy to me as I read it.

Here it is:

ALL I EVER REALLY NEEDED TO KNOW
I LEARNED FROM CANCER...

The "BigC" stands for courage.
There is no such thing as a bad hair day
Hope is just prayer in disguise
Anger is an emotion best chewed up and spit out
The only thing that makes chemo bearable is humor
A positive attitude is a choice
Some doctors and nures really do care
Peace is a state of mind for your heard
Scars build character
If God doesn't listen the first time - YELL!
If you don't stand up for yourself, no one else will
Cancer is God's way of tell you to prioritize
Some peop;le will run from cancer - your true friends will stay and help you fight
Hair is really just a fashion accessory
Take care of yourself from the inside out
If people stare at you - smile!
Inner strength and character are the Yin and Yang of life
Sometimes it is not how fast your run the race, but how high you jump the hurdles.

Laura Montgomery
-dedicated to Dr. Wendt

BitsyNaceyDog
09-24-2007, 11:26 AM
Joy to me is all those "little" things that make my heart smile.

pitc9
09-24-2007, 12:01 PM
Joy to me:

A colorful sunset or sunrise.
A star filled sky on a crisp fall night.
Falling asleep with my arms around a pup or 2.
Being around family and friends that love me.
Being able to help people and animals that need help.
The "sigh" that Buddy lets out just before he falls alseep.
Sierra making me and others laugh with the silly things she does.

cassiesmom
09-24-2007, 01:32 PM
Joy (Merriam-Webster) - a source or cause of delight
Joy (Elyse) ...
The season the '07 Cubs have had!
Photos of beloved Pet Talk pets (including - but not limited to - kfamr's and Glacier's dogs, Catmandu's cats)
Being able to take a piece of music and play (or sing) it excellently. Example: about 15 years ago I was in the chorus for a performance of Orff's 'Carmina Burana'. As we got into it I knew we were just nailing it. At the very end the conductor cut the last chord off and just stood there with his arms still raised, and no one moved. That was a joy-filled moment for me. Something just connected.
Handel's Hallelujah Chorus. Marches, specifically Stars and Stripes Forever (Sousa) and the Radetzky March (Johann Strauss Sr.)
Something side-splittingly funny.
Standing on the deck of a cruise ship and looking up at a perfectly starry night sky.
Waiting at the side of the podium to hear my name called and receive my MSN degree. Hard work paid off.
My nieces and nephew (ages 15, 16, 26 and 23, respectively). I love the people they've become.
Cassie Cat ... waking up around 1:30 or 2 AM to find her with her bum tucked into the bend of my elbow. Hearing her meow or purr. Watching her sleep.
Watching my 70-something parents dancing together. they're great dance partners and great life partners.

As Slick said:
If any of this is worthy of inclusion on your book, you have my consent to use any part of this post.

Where do I line up for the book signing??