PDA

View Full Version : Car Insurance... That Covers Pets!

Jessika
09-22-2007, 01:55 AM
Not sure if any of you have heard of this but I was looking through my Drs. Foster & Smith catalogue yesterday and a little ad fell out for Progressive Car Insurance that advertised as covering pets at no additional cost!

http://progressive.com/pet

I went online for a free quote, and unfortunately the plan they selected for me $60 more a month than what I'm already paying with state farm, and I have more coverage with State Farm. So I would definitely NOT be saving hundreds of dollars as they so advertise (I pay about $120 monthly for full coverage on two vehicles with each having a $1000 deductible whereas the Progressive plan was $180/month for a $500 deductible or whatever).

But anyway, they advertise it as covering your pets at no additional cost, and further reading I found out that they will cover $500 in medical expenses for ANY pet injured in an auto accident (even if they are NOT your pet!!) OR if your pet happens to pass away as a result of hte accident they will give you $500 toward "finding a new pet" (I prefer to think of it as grievance pay").

Anyway I thought some of you may find that interesting, so check it out :)

Chilli
09-22-2007, 08:15 AM
Thats really awesome of a car insurance company to do that. Maybe other companies will follow them in this trend(we can only hope!).
Its nice to see a company doing a bit extra. :)

Jessika
09-23-2007, 03:24 AM
I agree, I only hope others will follow suit. It would also be great if they made you buy doggie seatbelts or some other type of safety device to use while the pet is in the vehicle. I am already planning on buying seatbelt harnesses for my two though :)

I just wish it were cheaper!!