PDA

View Full Version : Prayers for my Tabitha Please.... Update #17

Donnaj4962
09-21-2007, 05:42 PM
My sweet 19 year old heart cat is not feeling well tonight. When I came home from work, she didn't come to greet me as she usually does. She finally meandered downstairs, and I saw that her right cheek, just below her eye is swollen. Her eye is not open as wide as usual. She lost her big tooth on that side about a year ago, and I am wondering if it is infected. Poor widdle girl. She ate some shredded cheese tonight, and got a big long drink from the bathroom faucet.

Of course, I got home too late for the vet, so I will take her in the morning. They open at 8 and I will be there waiting with my baby. :(

I can't really afford the emergency vet, so I will have to wait until the morning. I wish I could take her tonight. I am so worried about her.

Any prayers you can spare would be truly appreciated. Thanks.

Medusa
09-21-2007, 06:05 PM
Aw, prayers for Tabitha on the way...

Laura's Babies
09-21-2007, 06:11 PM
Awww! Poor baby! I hope she gets to feeling better SOON! Prayers for her done!

catmandu
09-21-2007, 06:20 PM
We Are All Praying For Your Senior Cat Comapnion, And That She Will Still Have Some Good Years Left With You To Be Your Friend.

AbbyMom
09-21-2007, 06:49 PM
Awww...poor little Tabitha. Hope you do OK tonight. The vet will make you feel better tomorrow.

catfamily
09-21-2007, 06:55 PM
I have said prayers just now and will say more tonight and for as long as needed for your sweet Tabitha :( Poor baby...and I'll also include you in my prayers to her.

moosmom
09-21-2007, 06:57 PM
Prayers for Tabitha. Please keep us posted on her condition.

Catty1
09-21-2007, 07:09 PM
Prayers for Tabitha! She must be in some pain...would a warm wrung-out cloth held gently against her cheek help her feel better, I wonder?

Gentle hugs to that sweetheart!

phesina
09-21-2007, 07:11 PM
Prayers for you and Tabitha are coming from us. We hope Tabitha will be feeling much better soon.

Hugs and purrs,
Pat and cats

jennielynn1970
09-21-2007, 07:49 PM
Poor Tabitha... hope it's nothing serious and she'll feel better soon!

You and Tabitha will be in my thoughts and prayers.

kimlovescats
09-21-2007, 09:10 PM
It does sound like some sort of abscess. I think the warm washcloth sounds like a good thing to try as well! Good luck in the morning with your sweet girl!!!

Donnaj4962
09-21-2007, 09:36 PM
Thank you for all of your prayers and well wishes. Tabitha has been sitting in the window some tonight, but no cuddles with Meowmie. I will try the warm washcloth tonight as we lay down to go to sleep. She is at the bathroom sink now getting a drink, and she ate some earlier.

I will let you know about the vet visit once we are home in the morning. Thank you all again! I know the power of PT prayers!

K & L
09-21-2007, 09:46 PM
Good luck!! Will watch for the update.

artemis
09-21-2007, 10:08 PM
Awww - poor Tabitha. It is so hard when our furry friends are sick, especially when they are older. At least she is still eating and drinking some, that's a hopeful sign. I'm sure it will be a long night for both of you (((hugs))). Good luck in the morning!

Diane

ChrisH
09-22-2007, 09:18 AM
Poor baby. :( Prayers and positive thoughts on the way.

Felicia's Mom
09-22-2007, 09:38 AM
I'm sorry to hear that Tabatha isn't feeling well. I am praying for her health.

Donnaj4962
09-22-2007, 12:07 PM
First, I am sorry it has taken me so long to update everyone.

We went to the vet first thing this morning, and had to wait about 45 minutes to be seen. She has an infection in her gums, fromthe missing tooth most likely.

Of course, as soon as the vet walked in, Tabitha clamped down her teeth (not while the vets fingers were in there! :eek: ) and REFUSED to open her mouth! :rolleyes: She is on clavomax (until gone). The vet thinks that will take care of the problem. She wanted to have her come in for a dental once she is better, but when I reminded her that she is 19, she re-thought the idea! She said she HAS done dentals on cats this age, and has had no problems. Her concern is that since Tabby wouldn't actually open her mouth for her, she can't tell the condition of the other teeth! So if the clavomax doesn't work, then we will revisit the idea. But until then, we will wait and watch the swelling go down. My poor baby. She looks so sad. And boy.... is she mad at me since I gave her her first liquid dose! She is now hiding under the bed! :(

Thanks again for all of your prayers and well wishes! We do truly appreciate it!

kimlovescats
09-22-2007, 01:09 PM
Oh, sweet Tabitha, please let mommy give you your meds and make you feel all better!!! I'm glad that it isn't anything more serious!!!

Kim

Pawla
09-22-2007, 01:37 PM
Hopefully the meds will clear up the infection. It is so heart breaking when our babies don't feel well. Prayers continuing from Tennessee.

Freedom
09-22-2007, 01:56 PM
Hey Miss Tabitha, hoping that ouchie tooth ache goes away quickly with the meds. You have to TAKE the meds for them to work, sweetie!

Catty1
09-22-2007, 05:45 PM
Open your mouth, Tabitha, and you will feel better sooner. Don't get mad at your Meowmie....she loves you and wants you to get better.

Get-well kisses on your furry head! :)

Laura's Babies
09-22-2007, 05:46 PM
I hate doing the dental too Tabitha so I don't blame you!

krazyaboutkatz
09-22-2007, 08:34 PM
I hope that the medicine will clear up her infection and that she'll feel better soon. Prayers and positive thoughts are being sent her way.

jazzcat
09-23-2007, 11:45 AM
Prayers and positive thoughts on the way. I hope she's already starting to feel better with the meds.

Randi
09-23-2007, 12:10 PM
Positive thoughts that the medicine will help and Tabitha will feel better soon.

Gentle kisses to Tabitha, and hugs to you.

DrKym
09-23-2007, 12:13 PM
Lots and Lots of prayers for you and the Senior Queen! I do hope the clavamox will clear it all up for her!

Donnaj4962
09-23-2007, 12:58 PM
Thank you all for your wishes and prayers! The swelling has not gone down any, but I didn't expect it to suddenly disappear! She is still eating, drinking, peeing and pooing, so that is good! :)

She is still being a stinker about taking her meds. Last night she was a terror about it, but was cuddling with me just a few minutes after I put her through all that torture! :o I am certain that about half of this mornings dose ended up on me rather than in her! :rolleyes: She is sleeping away on the bed right now. Bless her sweet widdle heart. I just love her so much!

momcat
09-23-2007, 01:41 PM
I always have a ready supply of prayers for all the PT kitties and Tabitha is no exception. Prayers are being prayed that your sweetie will be better very soon and right back to her sweet, affectionate self.
Hey Tabitha, please let Meowmie give you your medicine. It will make you feel better very soon. And don't be upset with her, she loves you a whole lot and wants you to get better. All of your friends here at PT do too!

Vermontcat
09-23-2007, 08:23 PM
I'm sorry to hear that Tabitha isn't feeling well and had to see the vet.
I hope she is good about taking her medicine and starts to feel better soon.
It sounds like she still has a lot of fight in her just like my Samantha does.
Give her lots of loving, hugs and kisses from me. :)

Donnaj4962
09-25-2007, 06:23 AM
Those PT prayers...... I tell ya, they sure are something! Tabitha has been taking her medicine the past 2 days like a good little girl! She puts up a fuss, but NOTHING like the first few days! And the swelling is going down. It is noticably better today! :D :D

Thank you all from the bottoms of our hearts for your prayers and well wishes!

Catty1
09-25-2007, 11:01 AM
YAAY! Good girl, Tabitha! You will be and feel all better soon! :)