PDA

View Full Version : 15 years old and new sister

sabies
09-21-2007, 03:05 AM
This summer Sadie turned 15 years old and she got a new (human) sister, so it's been quite a summer! Sadie is in great shape for her age, the snow picture is from this winter showing how well she can still run and I am thankful for that. She does have to wear a diaper inside and her senses are not as sharp but nothing disrupts her quality of life (the diaper might hurt her pride).

As for the sister Sadie usually ignores her except for an occasional sniff. Sadie knows these little humans will at some point start poking her eyes so she keeps her distance. The baby went thru a few weeks of screaming often and Sadie would just look at me like "do something about that!"

http://www.jennmike.com/pictures/pettalk/15/sadiesam.jpg
http://www.jennmike.com/pictures/pettalk/15/summer2007.jpg
http://www.jennmike.com/pictures/pettalk/15/running.jpg

Ginger's Mom
09-21-2007, 05:49 AM
I love the picture of Sadie and the baby, sooo cute. And the pictures of her running in the snow are great! Very impressive for a 15 year old. You go, Sadie! :)
What is your baby's name? She is a cutie.

WELOVESPUPPIES
09-21-2007, 05:56 AM
Pretty Girl Sadie, wow 15! You look great. I love the frisky running through the snow pictures, still a pup at heart I see. You should snuggle by your little sister now before she gets curious about your eyes :) because that picture of the two of you together is soooo cute.

pitc9
09-21-2007, 07:39 AM
15... WOW!! :eek:
Bless you Sadie! I pray you have many more happy and healthy years ahead!

lizbud
09-21-2007, 11:32 AM
Sadie looks great for being a Senior pup. :) I wish I could get around in
deep snow that well. :)

sabies
09-21-2007, 11:53 AM
The baby's name is Samantha and so far I find myself calling her Sam most of the time, or Stinky, Squeaker, and Bug but those names won't stick!

In her old age after years of photo shoots Sadie knows the camera well and, unfortunately, hates it!! I used to say keywords like walk or treat and I'd get cute perky ears and bright eyes. Now either she can't hear or she is too stubborn or both. I get perky ears on outside shots when she can't help herself but get excited by some creature in the yard. Since Sam can't even sit on her own to get a picture of the 2 together has proven very difficult and impossible once the crying starts. I wish they understood how important these pictures are to me!

Kfamr
09-21-2007, 12:58 PM
I had no clue you and Mike were expecting, Jenn! Sadie is as adorable as ever. She really is full of life.

CONGRATS TO JENN, MIKE, AND SADIE, and baby Samantha!

Daisy and Delilah
09-21-2007, 04:17 PM
CONGRATULATIONS!!! Samantha is adorable :) Sadie looks great. I can't believe she's 15. You go Sadie girl!! :D

sabies
09-21-2007, 06:48 PM
Yes Kay, I was expecting and now I've got more than I expected! Babies sure are a handful but extremely cute. I did post on a couple of pregnancy related threads in General but other than that I didn't announce it. I was pretty sick throughout the pregnancy and so busy after that I haven't been on PT much. I think/hope we are establishing a routine here now. Just in time to go back to work!

Thanks everybody for the comments, of course I'm proud of both Sadie and Sam :).

Cincy'sMom
09-22-2007, 08:25 PM
How good to see you Miss Sadie! You look terrific! And your new sister is beautiful! Congratulations!

K9karen
09-22-2007, 10:31 PM
Hugs of congratulations! Samantha is beautiful and Miss Sadie looks terrific! I hope she has many more happy birthdays!