PDA

View Full Version : Big Purchase- Scoop Free Automatic Litter Box

shais_mom
09-21-2007, 12:50 AM
http://www.scoopfree.com/

I had a 10% off coupon for total purchase at Petco. Since I am having surgery next week, I thought I'd stock up on litter. I was looking at another one by Petmate that was on sale but the staff didn't know much about it and I was afraid that I would not be able to buy supplies for it later. And they also said that with like the litter maid ones you have to make sure you buy the really hard clumping litter or it gums up and gets stuck on the rakes. YUCK.
They raved about the scoopfree. They all said that they have heard it is the BOMB b/c using the crystal litter - it dries out the waste. You only have to change the cartridge once every 30 days for one cat. Every 2 weeks for 2 cats or so. The testimonials seem to rave about it. It was quite easy to set up. I plugged it in and left out the other litter boxes (always have 2) in case they don't want to use it at first. I'm not sure which one used it but Kylie came FLYING into the living room where I was and was rather jumpy while it was running. They said it takes about 7-10 days for them to get used to it.

DrKym
09-21-2007, 01:33 AM
I have both here they are easier than normal boxes........however..........couldn't tell you which is better as the littermaid is great for the kittens bit the petmate I got at petco is wonderful for the "big" poo

Cinder & Smoke
09-21-2007, 11:25 AM
Kylie came FLYING into the living room where I was and
was rather jumpy while it was running. :eek:

:D

Wonder what YOUR "reaction" would be if YOUR Potty began *rumbling* & *roaring*
whilst your were powdering up! :eek:

"Rather Jumpy" sounds like a rather "mild" reaction!
Hopefully the Fear Factor starts to diminish with time.

;)

catmandu
09-21-2007, 05:20 PM
Thats Why I Am Leary Of Buying One Plus In Catada They Are Expensive.
Of Course With The Dllars About Even, Maybe I Can Order One, But The Shipping Would Still Be Quite A Bit.
But It Would Be Less That In A Catadian Store!!

shais_mom
09-21-2007, 05:22 PM
well Kloe went to the potty with an audience. :rolleyes: Kylie and I were both watching to see what would happen.
The rake moves 20 min after the cat leaves the pan. So then Kloe sat and watched the box thru the opening of the kitty kloset! ;)

jennielynn1970
09-21-2007, 07:35 PM
I bought a LitterMaid about 6 months ago or so, and I am so NOT impressed with it. Even with their litter it gunks up. Also, no matter how the container for the poop is placed, it pushes the poop and stuff under the side of the container! Not good! I am really unhappy with LitterMaid. Also, the few the use it also pee on the top of the part that has the rake, and it's supposed to help "clean the air" or something. I doubt it's doing that with cat pee on it... :eek:

I looked at the one you just got at the time I bought the LitterMaid... I should have gotten that one, but didn't know if it was big enough. Guess it doesn't matter if they back up and pee on the rake and container anyway, lol. So much for efficient and easy clean up. :rolleyes:

shais_mom
10-01-2007, 11:17 AM
well I think once I get back on my 2 feet- It's going back.
The kitties aren't using it. Kloe did use it but Kylie won't go near it.
Once I get off crutches I'm boxing it up and returning it.
and back to the same old same old litter box....
:rolleyes:

shais_mom
10-22-2007, 08:40 PM
well after this sat for 10 days without either cat using it - I emptied it and packed it up and took it back to Petco today and got my money back.
Its good in theory but my (not so) brave girls didn't want to have ANYTHING to do with it!

jennielynn1970
10-22-2007, 08:44 PM
I have mine unplugged, and am just scooping from it manually. Sigh.... so much for being a bigger help, lol. :p :rolleyes:

Pam
10-22-2007, 09:00 PM
:D

Wonder what YOUR "reaction" would be if YOUR Potty began *rumbling* & *roaring*
whilst your were powdering up! :eek:

:D :D :D :D