PDA

View Full Version : Chester and the intros.

rg_girlca
09-20-2007, 09:57 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/tiger04/Pictures038.jpg

Doesn't he look so sweet and innocent...............NOT!!!!!!!!

I have been slowly introducing Chester to some of my boys. Once his hissing and growling stopped when seeing them through the glass doors, I decided to see how it would go. First it was leaving the door open a bit, then I had him in my big carrier in the middle of the living room for a few days and then put a baby gate across the bedroom door. All seemed to go well by this. Tuesday, decided to let him out of the room to meet Lindy Lou, Nugget, Poppy & Willy. Basically it went well for the first 1/2 hour. In fact he and Lindy Lou were playing together. Then for some reason he got nasty with Poppy, so back in the room he went. Wednesday, tried again. At first all was well. Let Mooky out this time to join the others. Chester did not like Mooky and for some reason attacked Nugget. Back in the room he went. Tried again later, but didn't go well. Today was the worse.
For about the first 15 minutes all was well. Then out of nowhere he viciously attacked little Lindy Lou and before I could stop it, he went after Willy and then Nugget. I grabbed him, but he went to bite me and I dropped him and he went right after Poppy and cornered him under my bed. I was able to pull Poppy out from under the bed and get him out of the room, but Chester was right behind him. Thankfully I was able to slam the door shut before he got out. He ran under the bed and I went to see how Lindy was. She's was okay but very shakened up by the attack as was I. I came very, VERY close to wanting to throw him outside tonight, but I know it isn't his fault.
I truely think that Chester would do better right now as an only cat.

BUT, I do have some good news. A girl came to see him on Monday and just fell in love with him. She e-mailed tonight to let me know that she wants to adopt him, but won't be able to come and get him til next weekend.
That's fine, because he has to get his booster shot on the 27th. Needless to say that Chester will not be getting out of the room anytime soon. The thing is, that he is such a lovebug and cuddles up on my chest every night giving me headbumpies and sleeps with the side of his face on my cheek.

So that's the update on my lastest rescue Chester. Sorry it was so long.

kt_luvs_kitties
09-20-2007, 10:45 PM
Thank God noone was seriously hurt. You are doing the right thing adopting him to a single cat home. He will be more comfy, and sounds like your kitties will be as well! Thank you for saving him!

Have a great life Chester, you are a good boy, but you cant help how you feel about other kitties! Sometimes we cant get along nicely, esp if we had to fight other outdoor kitties. Kisses to Chester ;)

Laura's Babies
09-20-2007, 11:42 PM
Sounds like how things are going with Boo! All goes well and I let my guard down and that is when she will attack somebody. She snapped at me the other night and I have yet to figure out why. She will crawl up in my lap purring wanting loving then snap at me right in the middle of enjoying herself.

Chester! Calm down boy!! Nobody likes a bully and that is no way to make friends!

G535
09-21-2007, 01:17 AM
Some cats are just meant to be in a one cat household, hopefully he has found his little corner of the world. :)

Killearn Kitties
09-21-2007, 03:56 AM
Well great news that Chester has the offer of a home. It looks as though you could have problems otherwise. He is a gorgeous ginger boy, and I hope everything works out for him.

I wonder how long it will be before you find another cat? ;)

CultureJunky
09-21-2007, 04:13 AM
That's excellent news that Chester has a new home, and lets hope he settles and has lots of love lavished on him, he probably will if he's the only cat, he's not daft is he!! Lol
Well done on another successful adoption :)

jenluckenbach
09-21-2007, 05:26 AM
It is very good news that Chester has found a new home. (Let's hope she doesn't change her mind).

catmandu
09-21-2007, 09:48 AM
THAT SOUNDS LIKE THE BEST SOLUTION FOR CHESTER TO FIND A HOME WHERES HES THE BOSS. IT MAY BE FEAR OF YOUR CATS LORRAINE THAT MAKES HIM STRIKE OUT AS HES AFRAID THEY WILL ATTACK HIM FIRST.
MR SCRAPPY SAYS THANK YOU LORRAINE FROM THE RAINBOW BRIDGE!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/SCRAPMIK.jpg
HE LOVES HAVING A FAN!!!

Pawla
09-21-2007, 09:59 AM
I'm glad Chester has found an only cat home. I know that the fight has to be so stressful to your other babies as well as you. Good luck to you and Chester! :D

kimlovescats
09-21-2007, 11:01 AM
CHESTER!!! You nawtee boy!!! :eek: That sweet, sweet face of yours is soooooo deceiving!! You don't pick on others, and you certainly don't try to bite your mommy!!! Shame, shame! (pet, pet, you adorable orangie) *SIGH* :rolleyes:

Lorraine, I pray that this girl does come back for Chester! He definitely needs a home all to himself!!!

Kim

K & L
09-21-2007, 09:49 PM
He has stunning eyes! Tell him he better behave or it's back in the streets for him! ;) I'm glad to hear he'll have a home real soon. Sounds like he needs to be the only one ruling the roost! :)

krazyaboutkatz
09-22-2007, 08:58 PM
I'm glad that you now know that he doesn't get along well with other cats. I hope the lady goes through with the adoption and that he'll do well with her. He sure is a handsome boy.:) Please continue to keep us updated about him.

So what's going on with Lindy Lou? Any potential adopters?

catnapper
09-22-2007, 09:12 PM
Definately looking sweet and innocent... but I know better since I have a sweet-innocent-looking-orangie around here too. He's now allowed out of his room for strictly supervised visits..... only while wearing a leash and harness. So far he just flops with it on, but he's starting to get used to it. And if he tries to run after any of my guys, he gets *snapped* back once he hits the end of the 6' leash. Its only been a few days since I came up with the idea, but I have hopes of it working.

rg_girlca
09-22-2007, 09:36 PM
Have no fear, this girl truely wants to adopt Chester. She has e-mailed me to let me know that she has cat proof her apartment to the best of her ability and re-arranged her furniture to give him more running room as she lives in a 1 1/2 room apartment. She has made arrangements to come and pick him up next Saturday after supper time. :)
Even though it's a small apartment, I'm sure Chester will be very happy not being closed up in a room anymore.

Aw KAK, Lindy Lou is still here. In fact today she is 8 months old now.

Oh Kim, I just read your post and what a FANTASTIC idea on the lease and harness. I'll keep that in mind. :)

catfamily
09-22-2007, 11:37 PM
Chester you naughty boy.
He's picky on his buddys I guess ;)
It can get so stressful when this happens.
Great news he's getting adopted to a lady with no other cats.That's wonderful :)
It was great luck finding the adopter.It's so hard to find homes with no pets that want a cat.YAY!! :) :)
He sure is a handsome fellow.she'll be very happy with chester.
Your so wonderful for rescuing him. :)

Anikaca77
09-23-2007, 06:43 AM
I'm so glad Chester has found a home. Some kitties just don't like other poor thing. I hope your kitties are all okay. It is scary when one tries to chance another and especially corners them. My Sebastian likes to do that to my one girl cat but then other times she will lay semi close to him and they don't have an issue. I don't get the relationship that's going on between them the only thing I can think of is that Claudia is the hottest cat in the house and they just want her and then other times don't.

jazzcat
09-23-2007, 11:53 AM
Yay, I'm so glad you've found him a home! Sounds like he will be happy being the king of the castle there.

I hope your guys are doing okay and not too shell shocked from the experience.

momcat
09-23-2007, 12:18 PM
It sure sounds like Chester's new Meowmie is the real deal! He sure is a beautiful kitty boy and I pray that this arrangement works out well for everyone.
Chester, here's wishing you a life filled with love and happiness in your new furever home!