PDA

View Full Version : Bubble Story PLUS PICS!

ScottieMommy
09-20-2007, 09:50 PM
Well i decided to share with you my story with Bubble Shepherd/Chow mix.

I was looking for a puppy at that time. I saw an add in the newspaper for two free male Shepherd mix puppies 9 weeks old. It was a Sunday passed Chirstmas on year 2004 obiously almost 2005 :) So i drove a good 30-35 mins down to see the two puppies. When i arrived the house was full of trees you can hardly see the house. I saw all the dogs they had and all approched me nicely never barked or anything. I never asked to see who the mother was because there was a Black purebred female next to me so i took a guess and figure that was her, along was a Tan/White Shepherd male. So then a while this guy comes out with two puppies one under each arm one Black with a tip of White and one Tan with tip of White. I completly felt in love with the Tan one. Both puppies hair where completly in poor condition and full of fleas and ticks NO way was i leaving the puppy there, well the one i had picked anyways. As i was leaving i hear the little girl screaming "NO BUBBA" so while driving home i decided to name him Bubble. Broke my heart because it seemed that she has picked that puppy to be hers, but thats not my point.

We went to Petsmart right away to get supplies and a new Shampoo to untangle his hair and flea meds. A new collar plus a bed, food and toys. I notice that he was shy, always sweet with us but completly shy with others. I knew this would become a HUGE issue when he got older especially since he has some Chow and Shepherd on him and if not trained properly this could become a HUGE issue. Anyways at 4 months he started to show some aggresion he bit my sister right on the left side of her face but it did not led me to believe anything wrong since he was just a puppy he could of easily been playing. I TRIED everything with this dog. As he grew older his behavior became huge. At 7 months he had bit someone else and made her bleed, i let it go (always trying to make an excuse) i dint want to think my baby was evil i LOVED him way to much for that. Moving on by 9 months he was going to the vet with a muzzle and could no longer take him outside when there was people and bit over 2 more people (in my family) Again i was shocked but blocked at the same time too scare to do anything the thought of just loosing him make me crazy so again i found an excuse. When he became 1 year old i took him to the vet and told me to get him neuter it would help (i was getting him fixed anyways) So i did as he told me. Well it did NOT work he seemed to have gotten 50% worse than he was. By now he had bitten more than 8 people! One morning i was off to the beach. I decided to walk him before i left. While walking him his leash slipped and he bit a senior men not his wife next to him. He came to me with blood under his arm. I apoligized and told him i would pay for EVERYTHING that was needed, well his wife told me dogs like him DONT do good in a society like ours. Never saw or heard from them again. Those words got really stuck in my head and i decided to take him down to the shelter knowing what would happen. I had to put my family and the community first, i cant just let this dog keep bitting everyone. I left over 9 bites go by since he was young. So i took him in to the pound. Next day i felt so horrible i called them again and told them if there was anyway i could please pick him up. I just could NOT be without him i cant explain it. So i picked him up. Had him for about 5 more months untill again he bit. That was IT for sure he was gone the next afternoon. I never called or heard from the shelter again.

This is what happends when you dont know a dogs background, most people say. BUT i see many wonderful dogs at shelter and you dont need to know their background to see how sweet they are. This is my one and only time i ever took an animal into the pound. He just has to hope whats so ever and i never give up. But this dog was just not ment to be.

Here are some pics, he looks sweet because his smiles where.

Look what a wonderful coat he had, and what a wonderful smile.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a93/HammiLover15/b2.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a93/HammiLover15/b1.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a93/HammiLover15/b3.jpg

Valentines Day 2005

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a93/HammiLover15/b5.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a93/HammiLover15/b4.jpg

Now god has really blessed me with Nena :D

dukedogsmom
09-20-2007, 10:02 PM
He was a doll. I love the pics. I know you felt bad about doing that. I wonder if classes and socialization would have helped him? I'm not saying what you should have done, just wondering. The people you got him from sound like BYB so the breeding was probably his downfall temperament wise. I'm glad you have a dog that makes you happy. Remember, it's not your fault about Bubble so try not to feel bad about him.

3muttsandaboston
09-20-2007, 10:56 PM
umm am I understanding correctly that you took a dog that had a history of biting to a shelter to be adopted by someone who doesn't know his biting history? :eek: Did you take him to puppy classes to get socialized? Did you teach him not to play bite as a puppy? My chow mix is the sweetest dog ever why? Because I raised her and socialized her well.

ScottieMommy
09-21-2007, 05:23 AM
I tried EVERYTHING with him and yes he went to puppy classes started at 3 months of age. Nothing seemed to help. And i took him to the shelter you know why. And they do test their temperment and he needs to pass a test before getting adopted. And no the shelter wont adopt out a dog with that history because i told them all what happen, they can decide what to do.

buttercup132
09-21-2007, 05:37 AM
:confused: If you knew he would be destroyed why wouldn't you just take him to the vet? I'm pretty sure he'd much rather spend his last few minutes with the one person he loved rather then being scared and surrounded by strangers.

ScottieMommy
09-21-2007, 01:25 PM
If i gave him 9 chances what makes you think i could myself put him to sleep? He was such a young dog as well. I tried my best to keep him longer and longer but nothing worked. Maybe just maybe there was hope for him in the shelter. If i took him to the vet myself i know there would be none.

3muttsandaboston
09-21-2007, 01:31 PM
If i gave him 9 chances what makes you think i could myself put him to sleep? He was such a young dog as well. I tried my best to keep him longer and longer but nothing worked. Maybe just maybe there was hope for him in the shelter. If i took him to the vet myself i know there would be none.

Thats just the thing! You should not have taken him to the shelter. You should have had him put down. He was your responsibility not someone elses. If someone got bitten because you refused to do what is right that is just terrible.

ScottieMommy
09-21-2007, 01:43 PM
I know most people would of turn him into the shelter the first time he bit but no i had to give him 9 chances!! I just could not do it. It was impossible for me. And no i could not just put him down myself i did not have the heart to walk out of there knowing he was gone. When i first turn him into the shelter i cried for hours. Second time it was more anger than sadness because i know i should of left him the first time and i would of been done with it. And the shelter will TAKE in any dogs. I did what i could here.