PDA

View Full Version : Canned holistic food with a shredded appearance?

fragrancehound
09-19-2007, 11:33 PM
Right now my cats are on baby food because of the bacterial/viral infection they have but at as they get better I do need to switch them back to cat food. Here is the kicker..Magic is very picky about her food and will only eat wet cat food that has a shredded appearance to it. She also loves tuna flavored and some fished flavored foods. To add to the dilemma she has a sensitive stomach.

My vet recommended Merrick as one brand to check out. Has anyone tried their canned foods? I was also looking at the Wellness brand. Are there any other brands I should research?

krazyaboutkatz
09-20-2007, 01:27 AM
Yes, I've been trying some different grain free wet foods for my Storm. If he eats too many foods with fish in them then he becomes very itchy and he'll loose the fur on his ears and face.

I've only tried 3 Merrick flavors which are also called low glycemic. They are Turducken, Thanksgiving Day Dinner, and Grammy's Pot Pie. I also add some water to them to give him some extra moisture. He likes them okay but the meat is in shreds and Storm seems to prefer that it's more minced and smooth. I've been mixing these with some of the Innova Evo which he loves so he'll eat them better.

Storm refused to eat the Wellness wet food so I gave it to some of my other cats and they seemed to like it okay. The problem is that they tend to get the runs if I keep switching brands of wet food on them so I try to feed them the same kind every day. The Wellness wasn't shedded but minced and smooth. Good luck.:)

Storm also tends to like Natural Instincts Lamb and Chicken wet food but they are very expensive. He also likes Evangers Organic Turkey and Butternut Squash Dinner and it's one of the least expensive holistic canned foods.:)

fragrancehound
09-20-2007, 10:25 AM
Is the Evangers Organic Turkey and Butternut Squash Dinner shredded too?

krazyaboutkatz
09-20-2007, 11:07 AM
Is the Evangers Organic Turkey and Butternut Squash Dinner shredded too?
No, and I guess that this is why Storm loves it so much. You should probably just buy one can of some different brands to see which she'll like. This is what I did with Storm. Good luck.:)

catmandu
09-20-2007, 05:03 PM
I Bought Some Merricks From The Animal Welfare For 50 Cents A Can, And It Vanished Just Like That!
Its An Excellent Food And I Buy It Whenever Its On Sale!!!