PDA

View Full Version : HELP :confused:

emily_the_spoiled
08-02-2002, 08:42 AM
I REALLY need some advice right now. I have trapped one of our local feral female cats. I thought that we had made arrangements to have her spayed, but it turns out that these fell through. I currently have her placed someplace cool (it is supposed to go up to 105F here today) with pleny of food and water. My problem is that the local vet only spay/fix on Tuesday/Wednesday or Thursday. I don't think I can keep her in the cage for that long. Does anyone have any advice or suggestions on what to do with her right now????

The animal shelters in the area are a no-kill shelter, but I had wanted to release her back out.

AmberLee
08-02-2002, 10:53 PM
Oh my! I don't have any idea, but will follow this thread closely. Good luck both of you!!

emily_the_spoiled
08-03-2002, 03:20 PM
Well the story ends well. I spent the morning on the phone searching for someplace that would take us on Friday (and not charge an arm and a leg). I ended up finding a wonderful vet in another county (about an hour away). So I went on a "road trip" to visit the vet and get Mommy spayed. The vet was great, she spayed her, gave her a rabies and distemper shot and treated her for fleas and ear mites. For anyone who lives out in Harford County in Maryland I would definitely recommend this woman. She told me to keep Mommy quite for a couple of hours and them let her go. I did just that and it seems that Mommy is doing just fine. She even ate some of the food I put out for her. :) :) :)

lynnestankard
08-03-2002, 05:25 PM
:D :D :D WAY TO GO EMILY - GOOD WORK SWEETHEART. :D :D :D

THERE'S NOTHING LIKE A CAT LOVER WHO WON'T GIVE UP!!

LYNNE

AmberLee
08-03-2002, 10:07 PM
Emily!!

You are a hero and a star!!! What persistance in doing good against all obsticals (sorry, I'm a LOUSY speller) !!!

You done GOOD girl!!!

:cool: :D :cool:

You deserve a parade, but here are fireworks (all I could find...)

http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/fireworks1.GIF

Eric
08-05-2002, 05:33 PM
I am on another post and saw this one ~~ I do the same work with Ferals ~~ GREAT outcome Emily :D
~~ Namaste Eric

We won't always know whose lives we touched and made better for our having cared, because actions can sometimes have unforeseen ramifications. What's important is that you do care and you act.

AvaJoy
08-09-2002, 09:44 PM
[SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=deeppink]Glad to hear you went that "extra mile" to help her . . . I would have done the same. :)