PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know of a non toxic dye for animals?

buttercup132
09-18-2007, 12:29 PM
I guess not exactly a dye but maybe a marker or something.
Like breeders use on puppies to tell them apart.

Husky_mom
09-18-2007, 12:39 PM
maybe some vegetal paint?...... or something that is very gentle..... what do you need it for?..... or anything thatīs non toxic for kids

buttercup132
09-18-2007, 12:41 PM
I was just going to put it on the hairless kitties for Haloween like when people do it to their dogs.

Romance
09-18-2007, 12:51 PM
Kool Aide. make it up into a thick goo and apply...the food coloring in it will dye anything.

Husky_mom
09-18-2007, 12:51 PM
maybe you can try some hypoalergenic makeup.... one thatīs not harmful towards their skin...... or some food vegatable paint (the one used to dye cakes) it might work...... or some water based non toxic crayola paint/marker......

although Iīm not sure...... but you can check those out, perhaps ask to the company....

moosmom
09-18-2007, 12:57 PM
BC,

Just dress them up. I think you'll do more harm than good trying to "paint" them (stress wise). JMO.

binka_nugget
09-18-2007, 01:21 PM
My understanding is that Manic Panic and Punky Colors are both veggie-based dyes. I've heard of some people using those on their animals. Best to double check though. :)

I think Jordan/Wolfsoul also used dyes at their grooming shop, she might be a good person to ask.

DrKym
09-18-2007, 01:43 PM
Please dont dye them!! Just dress them up. LJ loves her clothes and since I wouldn't dye my kids I certainly wouldn't dye her................

critter crazy
09-18-2007, 02:21 PM
Kool Aide. make it up into a thick goo and apply...the food coloring in it will dye anything.

I used that on My sons mohawk, for the 4th of july. It dried out his scalp something horrible. I will never use it again. not to mention the fact that it got on everything his head touched, after we completely washed his hair.:eek:

sirrahved
09-18-2007, 02:32 PM
http://manicpanic.com/dyehard%20animals.html

I say, if you really want to color them, color them. Any cat I've met doesn't like clothes any more than they like getting wet! You aren't hurting them, so go for it.

Let the flogging begin...

Freedom
09-18-2007, 02:53 PM
Please do not use make up of any kind! Cats are groomers and the "eat" anything onn their skin. So if you insist on doing this, make sure it is something edible for cats.

Costumes are MUCH better idea.

buttercup132
09-18-2007, 04:46 PM
Any cat I've met doesn't like clothes any more than they like getting wet! You aren't hurting them, so go for it.
But being as mine are hairless they are used to weekly baths and daily dressings.

Cats are groomers and the "eat" anything onn their skin That's why I was thinking something for puppies because the mom's clean them too.

It dried out his scalp something horrible :eek: I won't try that then!

I'll see if my mom will order some of that veggie dye.
Thanks guys.

I undertsand why some people are saying no, some people don't agree some people don't just like some people think it's rediculous to put clothes on your animals.

DrKym
09-18-2007, 04:47 PM
Again Please don't!

Alysser
09-18-2007, 05:42 PM
I don't see anything wrong with it, as long as the dye or whatever you put on your animal isn't toxic. I think when Sassy was a puppy there was purple dye on her(only a little) for the breeder thing. My dad died a small stripe on her once, a red white and blue one for the 4th of July when we went to see my grandma in the nursing home. She really got a good laugh outta that.

binka_nugget
09-18-2007, 05:53 PM
I'll see if my mom will order some of that veggie dye.

I've had a hard time finding Manic Panic in Canada but Punky Colors (also veggie-based) is available in Shoppers :)

shais_mom
09-18-2007, 06:01 PM

I say, if you really want to color them, color them. Any cat I've met doesn't like clothes any more than they like getting wet! You aren't hurting them, so go for it.

Let the flogging begin...
I agree - it isn't going to hurt them. And I know she'll be smart about it and will have their health and safety first.

sweetpatata6
09-18-2007, 06:22 PM
I know you'd be careful about the dying, but I wouldn't do it because it would get over everything while the dye was drying.

Karen
09-18-2007, 06:28 PM
Whatever you decide to use, even if it is a veggie-based dye, please do a test on a small area first, and make sure the 'nekkid kitties" don't have a reacction to it. Better safe than sorry, say I who am allergic to some veggies!

moosmom
09-18-2007, 09:09 PM
BC,

What I would like to know is WHY??? First of all, Ducky has crystals in his urine and is already stressed out. I think what you plan on doing is stupid, irresponsible and you need to think twice about it. These cats are not your accessories to do with what you feel like. Dyeing them is just plain ridiculous. If God wanted Sphynxes to be the colors of the rainbow, he would've made them that way. If you wanted a Sphynx with color, you could've easily gotten one from the breeder. Please, leave them the heck alone. :mad:

With all due respect Karen, "testing" a spot of the cat to make sure it is not sensitive to dyes??? We're talking about a live, precious animal, not a damn couch.

DrKym
09-18-2007, 09:13 PM
Again....Please don't do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I spent 20 yrs getting mine, and I would never risk her well being for a holiday.

DrKym
09-18-2007, 09:32 PM
:(

buttercup132
09-18-2007, 10:26 PM
I will re quote myself.

I undertsand why some people are saying no, some people don't agree some people don't just like some people think it's rediculous to put clothes on your animals.

I also said Haloween that's a month away and they should (fingers crossed) be cleared by then.

Why are you guys so against it? I am researching it and making sure it won't hurt them. I also planned on doing the little test spot on them.

With all due respect Karen, "testing" a spot of the cat to make sure it is not sensitive to dyes??? We're talking about a live, precious animal, not a damn couch. So I take it as your one who is just against dyeing them all together.

moosmom
09-18-2007, 10:34 PM
DUH!!! That's what I said. I am totally against it. Halloween is a VERY stressful time for cats. Why would you put them through that for your own entertainment.

DrKym
09-18-2007, 10:34 PM
Totally against it.............buy a costume if not give them up

shais_mom
09-18-2007, 10:37 PM
Totally against it.............buy a costume if not give them up
oh for the love of pete....

shais_mom
09-18-2007, 10:37 PM
With all due respect Karen, "testing" a spot of the cat to make sure it is not sensitive to dyes??? We're talking about a live, precious animal, not a damn couch.
with all due respect DONNA -
that's a bit harsh

DrKym
09-18-2007, 10:38 PM
take it as 2 that are against dying them

buttercup132
09-18-2007, 10:48 PM
buy a costume if not give them up Are you kidding me? You being totally rediculous.
ATTENTION: Everyone on PT if you have ever dyed your pets fur get rid of them cause CLEARLY it means you are a horrible owner and unsuitable to own them.
:rolleyes: Give me a break, people do things you aren't going to like GET OVER IT!
Doesn't mean they are a bad person.

Halloween is a VERY stressful time for cats I'm sure it is for cats that go out. Mine don't. I dont see how it will be any more stressfull for them as it would be a house dog or any other animal. It's not like I plan on taking them out.

DrKym
09-18-2007, 10:52 PM
Grow up......my dogs don't go out but the amount of ppl increase.

I would not expose my Sphynx to more people than she is used to.she goes to work and to the Dr.s with me...... will definitely keep her away from the trick or treaters

moosmom
09-18-2007, 10:55 PM
Halloween IS stressful for all pets, outdoors or in. The screaming kids, doorbell ringing, scary costumes. To DYE those precious babies for your own personal entertainment and amusement is just adding to the stress and not fair to the cats.

DrKym
09-18-2007, 10:57 PM
btw ridiculous is spelled with an I not an E

Karen
09-18-2007, 11:09 PM

I would not do to an animal anything I wouldn't do to myself. Testing a bit - as in put a little teeny spot on the skin, and make sure it doesn't get red or itchy around it. If it does, you can wipe it off quickly, and wash the spot, and if necessary - because they are Sphynxes - put something over the spot so they don't scratch it. Better to test a teeny spot before dyeing a whole big patch, isn't it? With any skin allergens, the smaller the exposure the better. I only mentioned testing so she didn't just assume dyes were safe because they are vegetable-based.

I am allergic to many things. Before I put anything new - be it soap, shampoo, lotion, make-up (which I don't wear normally anyway) on my skin for actual use, I do a sniff test, and then, if it doesn't make me sneeze, a little skin test on my wrist. If I don't itch, or turn red, or get swollen spot, or feel like my skin is burning, then I know it's okay.

DrKym
09-18-2007, 11:11 PM
Karen......No offense as I know your issues, the cat will NOT react like we do. dyeing is NOT safe for a hairless PERIOD

Catty1
09-18-2007, 11:13 PM
Ok, apropos of nothing... on the few occasions I have used hair colouring, the instructions ALWAYS say to try a small amount on part of my skin...which I never do. So yes, human skin can be pre-tested.

BC, you had some really cute costumes for them. Did you change your mind on them?

I did some reading up on this...some folks suggest Kool-aid without the sugar. A really good one I saw was to have an animal groomer do it, or at least get the dyes from there.

Here is a really good link with points of view from all sides; please read at least the first 12 replies: http://www.whypaintcats.com/

HOWEVER - all this stuff is about the dye on cat's FUR. Please check with at least a professional groomer about using this on Milo and Duck. Skin might be a totally different thing, and I know you love your babies. Just make sure! :)

shais_mom
09-18-2007, 11:13 PM
hmm
that's pretty funny coming from someone who posted a thread yesterday about how the Pet Talk you know and love and that supported you is tearing each other down now? I notice your thread is gone.

DrKym
09-18-2007, 11:15 PM
Good advice Candace...still not safe for a hairless

shais_mom
09-18-2007, 11:16 PM
Cats absorb thru their skin more than dogs or we do. That's why you have to be so very careful in using aromatherapy.

DrKym
09-18-2007, 11:16 PM
hmm
that's pretty funny coming from someone who posted a thread yesterday about how the Pet Talk you know and love and that supported you is tearing each other down now? I notice your thread is gone.

Yes it is by my choice.... still believe in PT and those that are part of it.

If you have questions over the thread deletion contact Karen. I still will and will always support this board

shais_mom
09-18-2007, 11:17 PM
but it's ok for you to pick apart a teenager's spelling? But its not ok for the rest of us to voice our opinions about others?

DrKym
09-18-2007, 11:19 PM
take your issue with me to PM otherwise let's stick to the topic.

Catty1
09-18-2007, 11:22 PM
Here is a hunky and fluffy news break from Cat General: http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=133719

Local groomer jenluckenbach has been contacted by one of our reporters for her take on Hallowe'en and your pet. "Dying to Dye Rover and Fluffy", next on FWIW news.

We now return to our regular thread...

shais_mom
09-18-2007, 11:24 PM
For the record bcup- I don't agree with dyeing the cats BUT I certainly don't think you need to rehome them, nor do I feel you need to be treated as harshly as what you are being treated.

crow_noir
09-19-2007, 12:49 AM
When i was done reading everyone's replies i was going to go look an old post of mine where i posted about that book. I didn't even know it has its own website.

Very... interesting read. (If one can step outside of any moral issues for a few moments...) From a purely art point of view it is AMAZING! (Edit: I want to state that i didn't find all of the stories/paintings so... amusing. http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g230/crow_noir/smilies/MiRIPBhrrmph2.gif?t=1190181411 )

... http://www.whypaintcats.com/...

Also must note that Karen's idea of spot testing is a VERY good one.

I personally don't agree with dressing up pets for fashion in any way, but if someone is going to do it, they should at least do it is a safe manner.

Kudos to you buttercup132 for asking for advice and looking up info instead of just jumping into it.

buttercup132
09-19-2007, 05:55 AM
Please check with at least a professional groomer about using this on Milo and Duck I AM a professional groomer.

Donna really how is it stressfull for them?

catnapper
09-19-2007, 08:28 AM
I'm not gonna get into whether you should or shouldn't dye them - thats your prerogative.

However, based on the crystals thing, I do have to comment.... yes, by Halloween they should clear up. but they can reappear over night. Crystals are serious and once a cat develops a propensity towards them, they'll continually get them. Ducky is young to start having them, which leads me to believe he'll have them chronically. From my experience with Pouncer, I do anything in my power to keep him stress free... sometimes I think I stress myself out in order to keep him stress free :p He just had very expensive surgery so that the crystals won't kill him. He'll forever stress and get crystals but now he'll be able to pass them.

Lastly, a LOT of things that are safe for dogs are horribly toxic to cats. So just because a mom dog can groom her pup without getting sick, doesn't mean a cat won't experience a reaction.

If you really want to dye them, contact your local cat folks (not sure what they're called, but its kinda like the AKC for cats) and ask them what they recommend for color.

shais_mom
09-19-2007, 10:53 AM
http://www.whypaintcats.com/

I think this quote from the responses to that site - sums this up pretty well.
PEOPLE JUST LOVE SOMETHING TO COMPLAIN ABOUT!
there's always someone that you disagree with and therefore there's always someone to pick a fight with.

Husky_mom
09-19-2007, 11:18 AM
I must be a couch then..... LOL....... although I never pretest when I dye my hair..... but it wouldīve been useful sometimes.....

if hse decides to dye or not itīs her choice and itīs her cats.... and Iīm sure she was asking us to be sure IF she decided to go for it..... she still might decide against it, but she needs info...... lots of it to be 100% sure......

some cats might take it some might not...... she probably is considering because her cats CAN and WILL put up with it, she just wants reassurance of what is safe IN CASE she does it......

CathyBogart
09-19-2007, 11:23 AM
You know what....I hope you do find something that works well for them, and I'd love to see pictures of them all painted up. I'm planning on giving Jasper a red mohawk for Samhain, we can exchange pics. :D

shais_mom
09-19-2007, 12:03 PM
I must be a couch then..... LOL....... although I never pretest when I dye my hair..... but it wouldīve been useful sometimes.....

me tooo!
I never do the pretest! :D

moosmom
09-19-2007, 12:34 PM
Ya know what, you seem to be hell bent on doing it anyways, no matter what is said here. So be it. Let's just agree to disagree, okay? I'm done here.

Catty1,

I have the book Why Paint Cats and found it very amusing. And you're right, the cats are dyed on their fur, not their skin. My favorite picture is the one with Charlie Chaplin on the cats butt.

My Peanuts
09-19-2007, 12:46 PM
Hey BC, sorry you are getting picked on yet again. I know I have said some negative things to you when we don't agree in the past, but sometimes things seem to get out of control and off subject. Anything negative I have said was always with the animals best interest in mind.

That being said, this is a little off the subject, but my (dog) Jimmy had a crystal issue. He had to have ER surgery and he was a case study at the University of Minn. The vets thought it was one thing and it ended up being another. If you need any advice feel free to PM me. Jimmy's issues are turning out to be life long, but he's doing well :)

buttercup132
09-19-2007, 01:03 PM
Thank you for everyone who is being kind:)
I have never delt with a animal with a chronic problem so no I don't know much about it. I also forgot that stress can cause them. But wouldn't they have been caused when he was brought to my house (new home?) when Milo was brought home? So I don't think it's caused by stress.

I still don't get how it would stres them out though, anyone care to explain?
I can see how it would be stressful to my domestic cats Molly and Hank because they aren't used to get bathed and I guess getting mauled like the Hairless babies are. I don't see how them having something on them for maybe half a hour is going to cause them oh so much stress. They like the water (for when you rinse it off) they will sit there and let you do whatever you want to them (putting it on) and I dont think them being a different colour will effect them as they arne't people and dont go around looking at themsleves in the mirror. Yes they notice changes but as long as you keep telling them they are beautiful they will belive it.

MyPeanuts thank, I think I remember a few threads on him with his problems. I'm glad he is doing well.

And you're right, the cats are dyed on their fur, not their skin. Not trying to start anything with you personally I would have quoted this no matter who said it but it goes onto their skin. When you dye your hair it goes onto your skin. You have to get it to the roots and the only way of doing that is massaging it into the scalp (skin). Therefore that theory is wrong.

You know what....I hope you do find something that works well for them, and I'd love to see pictures of them all painted up. I'm planning on giving Jasper a red mohawk for Samhain, we can exchange pics. Thank you, I will be sure to post pictures.

From what everyone has said though about the crystals I probly won't do Ducky and maybe just Milo.

I've had a hard time finding Manic Panic in Canada I found a bunch on e bay for cheap, 5.65 I think but shipping is $8.00.

she probably is considering because her cats CAN and WILL put up with it, she just wants reassurance of what is safe IN CASE she does it Yes, I know mine won't mind being fussed over. Most peoples cats would freak if they put clothes on them, but mine are fine with it.

Alysser
09-19-2007, 01:25 PM
Kym, I don't want to disagree with you or start a fight with you as you've helped me so much and I truley respect you highly. I trust you alot. But the getting rid of your pets is a little extreme. I honestly don't see anything wrong with dying an animal if it is done in a safe humane way. The animal isn't going to care what their fur looks like so I don't understand how they will be stressed.

I also wanted to point out, Alicia is a groomer. She works as one, she wouldn't have asked this question(s) if she didn't care about the welfare of Duck and Milo.

buttercup132
09-19-2007, 07:27 PM
I love how you guys can attack me and say that I'm a bad owner and causing them stress but when I ask you to back up your reply you can't:rolleyes:

moosmom
09-19-2007, 07:38 PM
love how you guys can attack me and say that I'm a bad owner and causing them stress but when I ask you to back up your reply you can't

If you go back to the previous reply, I said that Halloween is a very stressful time for pets i.e., scary costumes, screaming kids, ringing doorbells.

From what everyone has said though about the crystals I probly won't do Ducky and maybe just Milo

My main concern is the cats, and always have been.

Crazy-Cat-Lover
09-19-2007, 08:26 PM
Catty1,

I have the book Why Paint Cats and found it very amusing. And you're right, the cats are dyed on their fur, not their skin. My favorite picture is the one with Charlie Chaplin on the cats butt.

Actually, the cats were not "painted" at all...

I'm happy to report that there is no cause for anger or alarm. Though the cats are real, the paint jobs are not. Most if not all of the lovingly Photoshopped images came from a tongue-in-cheek volume entitled Why Paint Cats: The Ethics of Feline Aesthetics (http://www.sfsite.com/04b/wp150.htm) (Ten Speed Press, 2002), written by New Zealanders Burton Silver (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burton_Silver) and Heather Busch (http://www.hazard.co.nz/heatherbusch.html), the same pair responsible for the equally deadpan Why Cats Paint (1994) and Dancing with Cats (1999).

Painted Cats (http://www.snopes.com/photos/arts/paintedcats.asp)

Catty1
09-19-2007, 09:35 PM
Crazy-Cat-Lover - you are right! This book is a sequel to one I have that ALMOST had me fooled: "Why Cats Paint" (notice similarity in the title?)

Have attached a page from Snopes that explains this in more detail. :)

crow_noir
09-20-2007, 12:08 AM
Wow, I'm flabbergasted. And outraged. The book was written as total fact. Even if they has said something in the end of the book on the very last page in the tiniest print i wouldn't have cared.

I have seen such outrageous hairdos on people and dogs alike, and the methods they mention do actually exist out there. (I was talking to someone who just went to a beauty academy.)

If it weren't for this book though, i myself never would have dreamed of one day getting my hair dyed. I can at least be grateful for that.

Actually, the cats were not "painted" at all...

crow_noir
09-20-2007, 12:12 AM
Unless they're King :p :rolleyes:

Kym, I don't want to disagree with you or start a fight with you as you've helped me so much and I truley respect you highly. I trust you alot. But the getting rid of your pets is a little extreme. I honestly don't see anything wrong with dying an animal if it is done in a safe humane way. The animal isn't going to care what their fur looks like so I don't understand how they will be stressed.

I also wanted to point out, Alicia is a groomer. She works as one, she wouldn't have asked this question(s) if she didn't care about the welfare of Duck and Milo.

DrKym
09-20-2007, 10:18 AM
Unless they're King :p :rolleyes:

I thad nothing to with what they think about their fur....it has to do with the fact that tey have no fur. There is no buffer of hair as there is with say a poodle or a persioan getting a topical application of chemicals to color their fur.I don't agree with that either, My cats wear clothes too but I still wouldn't dream ofdyeing Woe (who is Gray longhaired) or Lexie who is a hairless. Woe is Gray....he can stay that for Samhain and the rest of the year. Lex is naked, when cold she wears sweaters and jackets she will be wearing a fancy jacket on samhain if it is chilly.If not then she will be wearing what I appreciated most of her breed her soft skin unadorned.

and Crow tell King he is hot! lol

slleipnir
09-20-2007, 10:47 AM
I personally would never dye my pets. First of all I have no interest for it. Secondly I know they wouldn't care for it. They don't like baths, and they wouldn't want to hold still. However, BC's cats are used to this sort of thing so it likely wouldn't be stressful for them. (assuming the dye is safe) I'm pretty sure she's not the first person to dye a hairless cat...I imagen if it was as harmful as some say, then there would likely be articles online about it...

What does halloween have to do with them being stressed from the dye anyway? They're going to act the same with or without dye. (assuming she's not taking them to the door or something...in which case I don't agree that it's right to dye them just to show them off like that as it would likely be stressful...)

shais_mom
09-20-2007, 10:51 AM
Since I don't have kids and don't entertain trick or treaters and usually am not even home on Halloween or Trick or Treat nite. My animals don't have a clue that it is a stressful day. For them it's same ____ different day.

sirrahved
09-20-2007, 10:55 AM
I thad nothing to with what they think about their fur....it has to do with the fact that tey have no fur. There is no buffer of hair as there is with say a poodle or a persioan getting a topical application of chemicals to color their fur.I don't agree with that either, My cats wear clothes too but I still wouldn't dream ofdyeing Woe (who is Gray longhaired) or Lexie who is a hairless. Woe is Gray....he can stay that for Samhain and the rest of the year. Lex is naked, when cold she wears sweaters and jackets she will be wearing a fancy jacket on samhain if it is chilly.If not then she will be wearing what I appreciated most of her breed her soft skin unadorned.

It's spelled had, not thad.
It's spelled they, not tey.
It's spelled Persian, not persioan.
It's of dyeing, not ofdyeing.

shais_mom
09-20-2007, 11:02 AM

sirrahved Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Goodnow

good post sirrahved

Argranade
09-20-2007, 11:14 AM
I used to dye my pigeons with food colouring and it never hurt them,

I geuss these cats are hairless and it could cause a rash or somthing since it's closer to the skin but at least Alicia is asking questions before she even puts anything on them, all she's wanting is some help and everyone is going completly CRAZY about this. If you think colouring your pets is wrong then don't comment causing more arguing on this forum and tearing members apart, no pet owner is perfect and never will be. Maybe you could call up a vet and ask them about what products would be safe on your cats Alicia.

God did make animals with there own natural colours but it does not say ''Thou shalt not dye thy animals with safe products'', some people keep there pets natural while others colour them, everyone has there own opnion. I would go with dressing them up rather than dying them just to be safe since they don't have fur. :)

DrKym
09-20-2007, 11:17 AM
I know that I made sure it was typed so that BC could read it.

caseysmom
09-20-2007, 11:17 AM

Great post, kind of brings to mind the saying "those that live in glass houses should't throw stones"

caseysmom
09-20-2007, 11:21 AM

That makes no sense at all. Are you implying your poor spelling will make it easier for her to read? If that is the case you are being extremely rude, she asked for advice, this is uncalled for.

DrKym
09-20-2007, 11:48 AM
reposted in its' entirety with permission..... I have also contacted the AVMA to see if I can the official opinion pertaining to Sphynx and dyeing.

Best Answer - Chosen by Asker

The web site, groomer to groomer, interviewed professional dog groomers about coloring pet fur. One recommends a "semi-permanent product called Punky Color." Unsweetened Kool-Aid is another possibility, but, apparently, it washes out as soon as the dog gets wet.

Hair stylist Max Maddux agrees that only white dogs should be given dye jobs. Apparently, the dye doesn't work as well with darker pets. He recommends the brands Pravana, ManicPanic, Punky Color.

Of course, that's no guarantee the dog will like the dye job. Also, it's smart to check with your vet before you do the dying. Some dyes can be harmful and may hurt the dog.

good luck,

Mike

Source(s):
http://groomertogroomer.com/gtg_22_8.htm...
http://www.maxmaddux.com/stevecolor.htm...

shais_mom
09-20-2007, 11:57 AM
for some reason I doubt it - but that's a good excuse for misspelling.

buttercup132
09-20-2007, 12:44 PM
Hahaha, maybe now she will learn to bite her tounge and not be so rude.

for some reason I doubt it - but that's a good excuse for misspelling. Me too:rolleyes: .

semi-permanent product called Punky Color. I am using something like that. It's the same kind of thing it's Manic Panic and made with all veggy ingredients. Someone already posted the site but here it is again, it shows all the animals that have been dyed with their product and caused no harm. And the animals sure do look happy and not dying from stress.

DrKym
09-20-2007, 12:47 PM
Notice ALL the pictures are of FURRED animals................................. :rolleyes:

buttercup132
09-20-2007, 12:56 PM
Really are you that dumb?
When you do anything like that it goes into the SKIN, it will dye their skin too. When you dye your hair do you just smother it all over the hair? No it even says in the instructions when you dye your hair put the dye on the scalp and work your way out onto the hair.

Whisk_Luva
09-20-2007, 12:58 PM
Really are you that dumb?

And your calling moosmom rude.

caseysmom
09-20-2007, 12:59 PM
And your calling moosmom rude.

I must have missed that post?????

buttercup132
09-20-2007, 01:00 PM
Yea well when they decide to be rude in 2 of the threads I made I'm going to be a bit ticked.

Whisk_Luva
09-20-2007, 01:02 PM
Yea well when they decide to be rude in 2 of the threads I made I'm going to be a bit ticked.

But it gives you no excuse to be rude back

Two wrongs dont make a right.

DrKym
I have not called you any names....so please refrain from doing so, Yes all dye will hit the skin, and the instructions clearly state to NOT rub into the scalp. However using any dye on fur still leaves a buffer zone, little is absorbed, you are going to rub into the skin with no buffer.

They are cats not accessories. You are hell bent are starting threads to provoke people. They are your cats. You will I am sure do what ever you want to anyway, with no real thought into it. You are not hearing the distinctions being made as it isn't the answer you want. Hope it all works well for you.

Kym

caseysmom
BC, Keep your head up high you look the most mature.

DrKym
09-20-2007, 01:03 PM
who is they? this your only post I have replied to.

caseysmom
09-20-2007, 01:05 PM
I have noticed this also.

Whisk_Luva
09-20-2007, 03:35 PM
That's because she is.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but I think 'Really are you that dumb' is pretty rude.... JMO

shais_mom
09-20-2007, 06:01 PM
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but I think 'Really are you that dumb' is pretty rude.... JMO
but the good "Dr" telling her to rehome her cats isn't rude? or making fun of her spelling? :confused:

Whisk_Luva
09-21-2007, 02:26 AM
but the good "Dr" telling her to rehome her cats isn't rude? or making fun of her spelling? :confused:

Rehoming the cats was just a piece of advice. It was her opinion.

Making fun of BCs spelling? I dont know... but everyone will have their own opinions on that too.

jackie
09-21-2007, 03:51 AM
OK buttercup, you now know which dye is suitable for colouring your cats, it is your decision if you do it or not.

Everyone in this thread needs to take a step back and walk away from the computer.