PDA

View Full Version : Coolest job ever!

Pembroke_Corgi
09-18-2007, 10:43 AM
An animal sanctuary that takes in dogs, cats, horses, and pigs is looking for a director to live on site! It is in Wyoming and both Eric and I would LOVE to do this!! I emailed them- who knows if we have the qualifications, but it's fun to dream!!! :D

What's your dream job?

elizabethann
09-18-2007, 11:53 AM
Wow. That sounds awesome. I hope they call you for an interview. Good luck!

Catlady711
09-18-2007, 12:22 PM
I'm already doing the job I dreamed of doing since I was in the second grade. lol

crow_noir
09-19-2007, 12:00 AM
That is so cool! Good luck!

My dream job is to run a sanctuary for retired movie wolves. (It's so sad. They're raised, trained, and then PTS. There are some agencies that re-use their wolves or find them good homes, but there's not many. It's be a lot of work and i know i could handle the part of dealing with the wolves. It's getting the degrees for legality, and obtaining the land that would be the hardest for me. Until those happen it's just a dream.)

An animal sanctuary that takes in dogs, cats, horses, and pigs is looking for a director to live on site! It is in Wyoming and both Eric and I would LOVE to do this!! I emailed them- who knows if we have the qualifications, but it's fun to dream!!! :D

What's your dream job?

Twisterdog
09-19-2007, 09:42 PM
Cool. What part of Wyoming? I live in Wyoming. PM me if you want, I might have some more info.

joycenalex
09-20-2007, 05:34 AM
this morning, my dream job would be a coffee taster and roaster of high quality beans. traveling to africa, latin america and indonesia to sample and meet coffee growers. i need more coffee now ;)

KittyGurl
09-20-2007, 06:55 AM
That is wonderful! Maybe your dream will come true.

sirrahved
09-20-2007, 09:28 AM
My dream job is to be a mommy. It's the only job I have consistently wanted since I was two!

Pawsitive Thinking
09-20-2007, 09:43 AM
Ooooohhh good luck with this!

I would love to be guinea pig keeper at Drusillas Zoo Park near where I live :D

Pembroke_Corgi
09-20-2007, 10:23 AM
Thanks everyone! :D

I doubt we will get it because neither of us have the background- I have nearly all education jobs (tutoring, teaching, libraries) and nearly all of Eric's is technical. The only thing to show on my resume about animals is my volunteer experience at shelters. Plus, they want you to know about fund raising and so on.

But, we sent in our resumes anyway and who knows, maybe we will get lucky!! :D

The ranch can be found here: http://www.kindnessranch.org/home.html and it looks so neat. Even if we don't get selected for this job, I may want to intern for a little bit!