PDA

View Full Version : Oh no, Lily just threw up 3 times!!

Kirsten
09-17-2007, 03:15 PM
My Lily girl seems to be ill! She just came to me, cried loudly, and then threw up white foam. After she did that, she jumped away from the mess hysterically, as if she was scared... When I got up, I saw she had already thrown up two more times - again, it was just white foam.

She meowed a lot, as if she wanted to tell me she's not doing well. She also just went potty, and her stool looks normal, so at least she's not blocked.

But I'm still worried, Lily doesn't throw up so easily. And she spent all day in the living room sleeping.

I cannot call any vets right now, it's 10 pm here. And my vet is on vacation! So I tried to give Lily one of Luna's Gastrosel (she got them when she once upset her stomach), and I was more than happy that she took the pill (it was the very first time that Lily ever accepted medicine!). I hope the Gastrosel will help her to feel better.

I hope Lily is not seriously ill!

Kirsten

lvpets2002
09-17-2007, 03:19 PM
:o Its ok Kirsten.. Your baby is having a hard time getting a HairBall up & out.. Try giving her a Raw Egg (scrambeled in a bowl) & see if she will eat it.. My Half Pint does this with spitting the white foam & I will give her a egg & all is better.. Now if this baby continues does it thru out hours of time then rush her in to a Vet.. Let me know ok..

Kirsten
09-17-2007, 03:22 PM
Your baby is having a hard time getting a HairBall up & out..

I hope it's just that!! I have no egg available here, but I saw her eating some cat grass, so that might help, too.

Right now, she's interested in a bug on the ceiling, so she can't feel that ill... I will keep you updated!

Kirsten

lvpets2002
09-17-2007, 03:30 PM
;) Yes Grass is just as Good as a egg.. Grass is their mother nature medicine.. Now Kirsten dont be alarmed if you see the grass come out in a throw up or in your babies stool of poop.. This is all normal.. The hairball can come out either end ok.. Chasing a Bug sounds very normal..
I hope it's just that!! I have no egg available here, but I saw her eating some cat grass, so that might help, too.

Right now, she's interested in a bug on the ceiling, so she can't feel that ill... I will keep you updated!

Kirsten

Craftlady
09-17-2007, 03:31 PM
White foam throw-up with my gang is trying to get a hairball up.

Kirsten
09-17-2007, 03:34 PM
Now Kirsten dont be alarmed if you see the grass come out in a throw up or in your babies stool of poop..

Yes, I know. :) Luna's often throwing up grass with liquid. But Lily is not a puker; in all these years I saw her throwing up maybe 3 or 4 times, that's all. That's why I'm always worried when it happens. And she seemed to be so confused herself, as if she didn't know what was going on...

Kirsten

lvpets2002
09-17-2007, 03:45 PM
;) Also keep in mind the older your baby gets the more the throw up will be.. If you will notice babies dont throw up until of course there is more hair & more cleaning to be done.. The younger ones HairBall are in their poop.. Its when they are older that it becomes a throw up..

Kirsten
09-17-2007, 03:55 PM
Its when they are older that it becomes a throw up..

You could be right. Luna started puking more frequently when she was about 3 years old, and it was the same with my RB Katz. Lily is 4 years now, so it could be that age...

Kirsten

cassiesmom
09-17-2007, 04:06 PM
White foam throw-up with my gang is trying to get a hairball up.
Same here ... when Cassie coughs up white and frothy I start combing her more often. But lvpets2002, I stopped giving Cassie grass because she never really chewed it, just kind of slurped it down like a small child eats spaghetti. It freaked me out to see her bring up long blades of cat grass. She LOVES the stuff, though.

catmandu
09-17-2007, 04:21 PM
Poor Lily!!!
We Have That Happen The Odd Time Mostly With The Siamese
As They Tend To Bolt Thier Food And Throw Up More Often Than The Other Found Cats Do. We Are Praying That Lilys Going To Be All Right!!!

Laura's Babies
09-17-2007, 05:41 PM
No to steal the show but Giz threw up 3 time today too... She didn't bring up anything this time but sometimes she brings up some pretty large fur balls. Lets hope that medicine settled her tummy down.

columbine
09-17-2007, 11:09 PM
Definitely check with the vet - but if it turns out to be hairballs, there's an anti-hairball treat you can try. It's called Cat Lube (made by Veterinarian's Best) and it's made out of papaya, marshmallow (the plant, not the candy) and slippery elm bark, but it's chicken flavored. It's kind of big, so you have to break it in pieces, but Smudge assures me it's quite tasty, and it sure puts an end to the hack-hack-hack-ewwwwww.

Love, Columbine