PDA

View Full Version : :( Duck has crystals.

buttercup132
09-17-2007, 01:48 PM
He wasn't getting any better from his UTI in fact he was getting worse and started having pee in his blood. So back to the vet today.
I decided to try and get a urine sample this time and they took it and said he has crystals. He's now on gross Hill's food for a month to try and fix it.
It's so sad to see him just sitting in the litter box for up to 20 minutes just straining. :(

Catty1
09-17-2007, 01:51 PM
If he doesn't like the Hills, Royal Canin makes a Urinary food that seems to have a better flavour for cats. it's called SO. You can get it in wet, also.

Paying a bit more for a good food is way cheaper than vet visits for UTI.

If it makes him better, it's not 'gross'. :)

Hope Ducky is better soon!

Laura's Babies
09-17-2007, 03:14 PM
Awww! Poor Ducky!! I hope you get to feeling better soon baby! That is so miserable, I know you are uncomfortable and maybe in some pain... Get well soon sweetheart!

columbine
09-17-2007, 03:16 PM
If they were struvite crystals (what kind of crystals is very important, as food that makes one kind better can make the other kind worse), the Hill's C/D gets two paws up from Smudge, and you can get the canned in plain, chicken, or seafood flavor. He actually prefers the dry, but he likes the canned seafood flavor too. The first time I offered him some, he tore right into it.

Love, Columbine

Kirsten
09-17-2007, 03:17 PM
Awww, I'm so sorry!!

I'm just going through the same with my Luna! After two days, she finally started eating the Hill's diet food.

Hope little Ducky will soon feel better!

Kirsten

Pawla
09-17-2007, 03:20 PM
Poor Duck. I'm so sorry you're not feeling well. You and your brother Milo are some of my favorites here on PT. {{{HUGS}}} to you and your Meowmie. Please feel better soon so we can see new pictures of you. Just know you're in my prayers.

catmandu
09-17-2007, 06:34 PM
I Have Heard That Eukanubas Formulas Work Very Well Too. Prayers Are Coming From The Found Cats Four Our Good Friend Duck.

KittyGurl
09-18-2007, 04:25 PM
I am so sorry to hear about Duck. I hope her gets better soon :(