PDA

View Full Version : We got a stray!

Laura's Babies
09-16-2007, 06:37 PM
Every day since I have been home I have seen this one under a different car! Today a neighbor called me and told he he was under a car parked close to my house so I went out and he was there. I took some food out (dry food in a tin), shook the food and called "KITTY! KITTY! KITTY!" He reconized the sound and stood up and looks my way immediately but was to scared to come eat with me there... So I placed the can where I could watch from my kitchen window and waited.. He knew we were watching him (me and Giz) as you can see but he stayed and ate till he got his fill! He is clean looking, well fed looking but cats are NOT allowed to roam in here so I got to snag him before the manager does... Then what? :rolleyes:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Grammy707/HPIM3289.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Grammy707/HPIM3290.jpg

Donnaj4962
09-16-2007, 07:06 PM
Oh he's gorgeous! I am sure he appreciated some food. Do you think he belongs to someone and is lost? Maybe if you put some fliers up someone will claim him. Don't forget to call the local shelters also to see if someone is missing their baby.

Please keep us posted!

jenluckenbach
09-16-2007, 07:08 PM
He is beautiful!!! Better start contacting some local rescues to see if you can find a place for him to go.

Catty1
09-16-2007, 07:45 PM
Which reminds me, Laura - how is the kitty doing with the manager...he kept him after he lost his wife?

Or did some real owners ever appear?

Laura's Babies
09-16-2007, 08:18 PM
We got one bite on the lost cat I posted on Petfinder. The lady that contacted me had been in a car wreck in Texas and she was taken to the hospital and her cat ran after the crash.. I gave her the managers phone number and she called him, they talked and decided this one was not her cat.

Toby is doing great as a shop cat. I went by there one day and he was at the door, I walked over saying "TOBY! How are you boy?" and he screams back at me. We had a wonderful visit, me and Toby. I talked to him, he talked to me and we chatted awhile. He is SO verbal!!! He is SO big and handsome!! I give him a flea treatment everytime I am home (glad I remembered he is due) and visit him. Louis is so attached to that cat, he is a PROUD CatDad now! I find that so amusing with his attitude about cats around here.

Catty1
09-16-2007, 08:19 PM
GREAT news!

I guess Toby would be pretty jealous of a black-and-white addition??? :D

Laura's Babies
09-16-2007, 08:24 PM
I don't think Louis would go for it Catty! People drop so many cats off in here that it is SAD! I am still so outdone that I didn't snag Samantha's baby Bridgitte when she was dumped in here. That will forever bother me.. Patty claims she didn't find her so I know Lewis trapped her and she was taken to the shelter and PTS.

Catty1
09-16-2007, 08:28 PM
I hope Brigitte's former owner got an earful!!!! :mad:

Laura's Babies
09-16-2007, 10:20 PM
Oh, I have told her I know she was taken to the shelter and PTS although the shelter assured me she was not brought in... They are not going to admit they put a cat to sleep that somebody was looking for.... She was such a pretty thing and Samantha loved her so much that it breaks my heart.. She tried that whole month to tell me her baby was out there and I didn't understand until the night before I was to go back to work when I saw her. She stayed at that door all month and called and called Bridgitte... she hasn't done it since... I could just cry!

Catty1
09-16-2007, 11:09 PM
{{{{hugs}}}

It's that stupid owner's fault, hon!

krazyaboutkatz
09-17-2007, 12:38 AM
He sure is a handsome cat.:) I hope you'll be able to find his owners or find him a wonderful new loving forever home. Good luck.:)

I'm sorry to hear about Samantha's baby.:( I must have missed the thread about Toby. I'm glad he has a great home.:)