PDA

View Full Version : Black and White Cats

Vermontcat
08-01-2002, 09:52 PM
Hi I am new here and I own a black and white cat named Sam. Who else here has black and white cats or even solid black or pure white cats? I would love to see some photos if you have them. Also do they have any specific personality traits like my cat likes to be the only cat and she hates going to the vet(lots of hissing there!) Samsmom

Sara luvs her Tinky
08-01-2002, 10:47 PM
Sounds like your cat is a cutie. There are a lot of people here with black, white, and black and white cats here.... Do you have any pictures of Sam that you could share.
I have two cats one is a creme color .. Tinky and the other is a orange / red color... Jupiter...
WELCOME TO PET TALK.:)

Former User
08-02-2002, 02:17 AM
Hi and welcome! I have a black cat who's got few white hairs here and there, can't really call him black and white, ince he's 99% black! Anyway, thought to welcome you here! :D

purrley
08-02-2002, 07:40 AM
Welcome Vermontcat.
I just love the tux cats and I'll be ya get some pictures. There are a lot of people her that have those. My Braydee is mostly white with orange rings around his tail. Glad you're here - enjoy!!!

Piglet
08-02-2002, 08:01 AM
Black and white cats are great!!!
I don't have one, but my boyfriend does. Her name is Wissel, she's seven years old, but most people think she's still a kitten because she's really small.
She has a white chin, neck and paws and two white dots under her nose that look extremely funny. She loves to cuddle and sit on your lap, but let's you know immediately when she's had enough by biting your hand (sometimes very hard :( ). Are there any more black/white cats with a split purrsonality? Maybe they give into their dark side sometimes.....;)

Vermontcat
08-02-2002, 08:21 AM
Thanks for the welcome. My cat Sam is actually 14 years old now but her baby pics look like Macey the COTD from July 30 but with a black nose and black spot under her chin. I hope to someday get some photos of her on here but it may be a while(we do have a new digital camera.)

C & K I love your cats they remind me of my college roommates cats Squirt and Shadow(he only had one white whisker with the rest of him solid black) I have lost touch with them since then but they would be 15 years old now) I got to see them grow up from tiny kittens to big 1 year olds!
Piglet, I think my cat saves her dark side for the vet and strangers!:eek:
Well, I gotta go now, Sam just circled under my chair which means get off the computer now because I want something!:D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-02-2002, 09:28 AM
I've got one black cat - Tubby. He has just a little spritz of white on his chest, and now that he's 16 years old, he's starting to get white/gray hairs lightly scattered all over, but seems to be a lot of them on his legs for some reason. He's a lover kitty, my big boy who has to be wherever I am, but he used to be a little terror when he was a lot younger. He definitely has a personality. Loves everybody, including strangers...well....maybe not the vet. :)
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid24/p9dc32a182769331053e0b41c0d75d7d8/fd993461.jpg

The Cat Factory
08-03-2002, 05:14 PM
I have 2 black and white kitties and one black kitty. Here's some pictures of them:)

Peppurr:
http://a3.cpimg.com/image/CB/06/10197963-6a80-01A00138-.jpg
http://a1.cpimg.com/image/A1/F4/10372001-04d2-01A80174-.jpg
http://a7.cpimg.com/image/9B/78/10899867-3ec0-01020158-.jpg
http://a4.cpimg.com/image/98/78/10899864-4b97-02000180-.jpg
Felix...I currently only have one pic of Felix uploaded to my image host. I'll upload some more after and post them:)
http://a7.cpimg.com/image/9D/F4/10371997-ca4b-00D10157-.jpg
Vader...I only have 1 pic uploaded of him to. I'll upload lots more after and post em!
http://a0.cpimg.com/image/AA/F4/10372010-76e3-01580102-.jpg

Vermontcat
08-04-2002, 11:19 AM
Tubby looks like a sweet guy, would you say he has mellowed with age, my cat has. It's nice to see another cat from her generation. If you don't mind me asking how much does he weigh? My cat is 14 lbs now, her mom was a petite 1 year old that looked like the first few photos that The Cat Factory posted. Her dad must have been a big boy though because she definately takes after him, the vet says her bone structure is big so shes not just fat and fluffy but big-boned too.:rolleyes:

Cat Factory, I would love to see more photos when you have them, all your cat photos are beautiful!:D

Piglet
08-04-2002, 11:31 AM
Hi Vermontcat!

Those kitties can be a bit sensitive about their weight... my Piglet (4 year old tabby) seems to always know when someone makes a comment about it and runs to the kitchen and gets all grumpy. I always tell people she's big-boned and thick-furred. :)

Personally I prefer the big fluffy kitties to the skinny ones, but they're all great of course. :)

tuxluvr
08-04-2002, 01:05 PM
I think Pepurr may well be Ritz's long lost twin...I do think Black and White cats have unique personalities - Ritz is absolutely "catzilla" at the vets - just wants no part of it at all.

I had a vet tell me once that black and white, particularly the "tuxedo marked" lovelies, have a tendency to be (and i quote) "tightly wound". This is the same kitty who flops over and goes belly up for a tummy rub and cuddles by my side at night.

Ritzee sez that she's just got very picky taste in hoomans, and doesn't care for any of them whatz put cold things in her purrsonal areaz!

I love black and white cats! Zippycat and Wolflady are both fans of these classic kitties!

Welcome to pettalk

tuxluvr
08-04-2002, 01:07 PM
a picture

Pam
08-04-2002, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by tuxluvr
Ritzee sez that she's just got very picky taste in hoomans, and doesn't care for any of them whatz put cold things in her purrsonal areaz!

LOL! LOL! Ritzy!! My two boys couldn't agree more although they just sort of cower til the whole thing is over! :D
These pictures are all just great by the way!! ;)

The Cat Factory
08-04-2002, 03:30 PM
OMG!!! Ritz and Peppurr are identicle almost!

tuxluvr
08-04-2002, 04:51 PM
http://a3.cpimg.com/image/CB/06/10197963-6a80-01A00138-.jpg this is Peppurr...see the attached picture of Ritzy and tell me they weren't separated at birth! Even have the same "cutsey cat" pose thing going!

I think Peppur has a better set of "balanced" whiskers. Ritz has all black"eyebrows" except for one wild white hair!

tuxluvr
08-04-2002, 04:57 PM
taken today - I caught her in one of those "bored cat"moments (aka, I'm trying to nap, so put that cameral away!)

Vermontcat
08-04-2002, 08:53 PM
Thank you for coming to this thread and showing us how much Ritzy looks like Pepurr. I love the belly up poses, my cat does that too at night after the kids are in bed and she can really relax. I hope to get some photos of my cat here soon, the digital camera is new so I need my husband to help me get them from the camera to the computer(he is the resident computer expert here):)

Vermontcat
08-04-2002, 10:05 PM
Ok, lets see if this will work, I hope it will show a picture of Sam. I did get the small head shot of her to work, hope this does too.:)

http://www.strike9.com/file.aspx/path=/Vermontcat/fullsize/Sam.jpg

The Cat Factory
08-05-2002, 12:00 AM
Yep, it worked:-) She is so cute!

NoahsMommy
08-05-2002, 07:39 PM
Gosh, these tuxy's are soooooooo cute!

I love all the pictures...especially Ritzy's "bored" and "coy" shots. :) I am also partial to the tummy shots...Peppur is so cute! :D

We just got a black kitten...he has a few white hairs on him too! Here's his picture:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid27/p91fff1e21c23dda58d96d6a41ed706ba/fd7222d5.jpg

The Cat Factory
08-05-2002, 10:58 PM
He looks just like my Vader did when he was a baby. A few stray white hairs here and there.

Vermontcat
08-06-2002, 08:09 AM
Your new kitten is so cute! And he looks like he is barely a handful! Now I feel the need to hold some cute little kittens so I guess I will be visiting the local Humane Society to play with some. But I can't bring one home with me, we tried that once and Sam said no way!:(

wolflady
08-06-2002, 12:51 PM
Hi Vermontcat and Welcome to Pet Talk! Your Sam is so adorable!! I'm a mommy of a black and white cat named Scooter and a pure white cat named Marius. They're such a handful, but I love them!!
Here's a picture of Scooter, our "bug-eyed" boy! LOL :D

wolflady
08-06-2002, 12:54 PM
...and here's a picture of my Marius!! :D

Vermontcat
08-06-2002, 12:58 PM
Wow!:eek: My cat Sam can do that same impersonation of a bowling pin too! It's nice to see another halfandhalf black/white cat with markings similar to mine. Marius sounds cute too, any photo of him?

I did get to visit the Humane Society a little while ago and found a 6 week old tux kitty Sierra to play with. So I got the kitten thing out of my system for now, and no I didn't bring her home.:(

Vermontcat
08-06-2002, 01:03 PM
Oops I guess I spoke too soon, now I see the picture of Marius, he's very handsome too. My cat used to have a shoe fetish when she was a kitten and could fit in one of my husbands shoes! Thank you for sharing the photos Wolflady!:)

wolflady
08-06-2002, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by Vermontcat
...My cat used to have a shoe fetish when she was a kitten and could fit in one of my husbands shoes! Thank you for sharing the photos Wolflady!:)

LOL LOL I'm glad I'm not the only one! LOL LOL :D How cute!! Fitting inside the shoe! I sure hope you landed some photos of that!;) LOL
This is such a funny trait about Marius. His fascination for shoes and feet have actually increased over the years. He just LOVES feet. Shower feet especially. It's kinda annoying, because he'll be rolling and rubbin on fresh shower feet, and all his fur sticks because they're wet. Ick! :rolleyes:
If anyone comes for a visit, he'll be rubbing and rolling on their shoes and feet. It's even better if the shoes are removed from the feet! All the better for him to stick his nose in and rub on! LOL LOL :rolleyes: It is quite amusing! :D

Vermontcat
08-06-2002, 01:22 PM
I did come across one kitten photo of her sitting on top of one of my husbands sneakers with her head stuck inside. She was only a couple of months old then and my husband does wear size 13! Sorry I can't post it, don't have the scanner hooked up right now. She does still enjoy rubbing on all the shoes in the house and loves dirty laundry especially my husbands jeans and flannel shirts.:rolleyes:

NoahsMommy
08-06-2002, 03:22 PM
Karen, I love that picture of Scooter!! My best friend has a tuxy named Rupert (I got to name him! :) ) and he has that look on his face a lot! It's so cute, you just want to go over and hug them!! :)

Vermontcat,

Thanks!! Basil is such a sweet cat! I went home at lunch today to let him out to play. He found our catnip mat by the sliding glass door and to my surpise was flopped over rubbing his whole body on it!! I didn't think cats that young were effected by catnip. Here's a picture of him next to the mat:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid27/p64a011a4695c3380e60e561f748ffeb5/fd7299fb.jpg

tuxluvr
08-07-2002, 08:10 AM
http://www.strike9.com/file.aspx/path=/Vermontcat/fullsize/Sam.jpg

Sam is a pretty cat! Love those front left leg markings! We had an indoor/outdoor tomcat some years back (learned my lesson, he was hit on the road - Ritzy is strictly indoors). However, before his untimely demise and before we had a chance to get him neutered(his name was Mr Tubbs), he was, umm, let's say "prolific". We now have a lot of white/black black/white marked kitties in the neighborhood, many of which seem to love to congregate in our back yard next to the mini barn.

I grew up on a farm and always thought cats with markings like this looked like black and white cow markings. My favorite pet term is "moo cow kitty".

Black and white cats have such an interesting look - the stark color differences, the assorted mix of black and pink paw pads...Sam has a neat "sooty" nose.

Karen, I never tire of the "bowling pin Scooter"...those eyes! Ritz gets that look often, and is also sporting the "bowling pin look" these days...see pic attached...posing in her favorite spot by the window in my home office

Vermontcat
08-07-2002, 03:21 PM
Glad you like Sam's markings, when she puts her front paws together the black spots on her wrists match up to make a black circle! I too like her black nose, she also has a black goatee spot on her chin. When we got her we met her mom who had markings like your Ritzy and one of her brothers who had markings like her, they said all 4 of the kittens were black and white with black spots under their chins. What is unusual is that all of Sam's pawpads are black rather than pink even though her legs and feet are mostly white, I think she gets that from her mom. i sometimes call Sam my "holstein kitty" since Vermont is know for our cows and Ben and Jerry's ice cream even has them on their cartons and trucks!

Here is a little history on me and Sam. My father is allergic to cats and dogs so we never had any as kids. My brothers and I would borrow and petsit any chance we got. One cat I took care of was a black/white male named Sam. I could call him from across the street and he would come running to see me. I knew him for 7 years then he disappeared while I was away at college. As soon as I got my first place by myself after college I got my own Sam Cat. My husband got her with me as a pre-engagement present(the ring came a couple of weeks later) She is a Vermont born cat and has moved twice with us and helped us raise our 3 kids. She is an important part of our family and we love her very much!:D
This is also why I use the name Vermontcat-what else would a cat from Vermont look like? Also the name stands for the mascot for the college I went to the UVM Catamounts or Vermont Cats, Go Cats Go!

tuxluvr
08-07-2002, 03:50 PM
Last summer, my mother and I went to Vermont to celebrate the wedding of my nephew/her grandson. I LOVE Vermont! It is just a beautiful, lush place. Green Mountain Coffee ROCKS...and Vermont cheddar, hands down the best cheese around!...WE went on a mountain adventure in the Stowe area, ate breakfast at this neat B&B half way up the mountain road - just had a splendid time. My father had passed away earlier that year, so it was mom's first time out away from home since the funeral and a much needed respite for both of us. I found the people in Vermont to be very pleasant indeed!

Vermontcat
08-09-2002, 01:48 PM
Well I would guess you aren't from Vermont, glad you got to visit here though. I remember going to a fall wedding in Stowe once, it was a beautiful fall day till we got to the top of the mountain and it was snowing!

So what state does Ritzy represent? I'm guessing California kitty!:)

tuxluvr
08-09-2002, 08:31 PM
Well I would guess you aren't from Vermont, glad you got to visit here though. I remember going to a fall wedding in Stowe once, it was a beautiful fall day till we got to the top of the mountain and it was snowing!

So what state does Ritzy represent? I'm guessing California kitty!:)

Ritzy is flattered that you might think her a "Hollywood Puss" but she is actually a "Hoosier" kitty - near Indianapolis, Indiana

Vermontcat
08-09-2002, 08:47 PM
Yes, you are right I guessed she was the Hollywood type because she was dressed for all the glitzy parties! But now I see she's an Indy Kitty! So does she like fast cars?:D

tuxluvr
08-09-2002, 09:26 PM
Yes, you are right I guessed she was the Hollywood type because she was dressed for all the glitzy parties! But now I see she's an Indy Kitty! So does she like fast cars?:D

Well, judging from the way she barrels through the house and up and down the stairs at warp speed(at 3am), I would say she IS a racy little kittycar! (with fur, four feet and a tail) :)

krazyaboutkatz
08-26-2002, 12:14 AM
All of your cats are very beautiful. I have a black cat named Pepper. He has some white on his tummy and bottom area. He's also big boned and weighs 17lbs. He's a very sensitive, easy going, laid back, and a true sweetheart of a cat. He's also a big mama's boy. Here's a couple of pics of him. http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid28/p5081dc3e9769f012d597ecd72d97b3a8/fd652cc1.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid28/pf68dee55543ef5e70fdcb9b62bbdd18b/fd651f5c.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid28/p8c4c32af9b58672db4387bf6bdceb319/fd6b7b3e.jpg

tuxluvr
08-26-2002, 06:07 AM
Pepper looks a lot like my niece's kitty, Yoda, who also has a little white "spritz" of fur on her tummy....she is also very laid back and approachable, but as I understand is also a holy terror at the vet's office!

Here is a picture of Yoda

AvaJoy
09-08-2002, 09:34 PM
Hi, Vermontcat! I have Debra, my Holstein Moo-cow blk./wht. "brat" cat (see her in flashing avatar) and she, too, behaves like a feral when taken to the vet; just about climbing up the walls! :eek: The last visit she nearly reached the top of the vet tech's head with her petulance. She is terribly strong and athletic, and can whirl around on her cat tree like a gymnast.

She demands her undivided attention session. and she wants it immediately, if not sooner. :cool: This has become increasingly an issue, since the recent addition of Schuyler (wht.) has made her insecure and uneasy. He is such a good-natured, placid, tolerant guy and he only wants to join in and be accepted. Debra will have nothing to do with him, and I feel badly for my "swell guy Schuy". :( I had so hoped he would be accepted by her and they could become playmates.

She eats (or I should say picks) at her dry premium food like a bird, and has refused ALL brands of wet food, even going through the motions of "covering" it up as though it were excrement. Funny thing is, she will NOT bother to cover her litter box deposits AT ALL! :(

Still I love her to pieces, and she is my little cowgirl! :) :D

Vermontcat
09-09-2002, 01:42 PM
Your cat Debra is beautiful with lots of spots! She is almost a Dalmatian kitty! I think I have seen your posts around here before and you have lots of beautiful pets! Do you have any bigger photos of Debra, I'm wondering if she has a black nose and chin spot like my cat. How old is she?

Krazyaboutkats, I love the photos of Pepper, he is so big and fluffy! All 3 of your cats are beautiful, I think I have told you that before.:)

Tuxluvr, that is a great photo of Yoda, it looks like it was done by a professional!

AvaJoy
09-09-2002, 07:56 PM
Your cat Debra is beautiful with lots of spots! She is almost a Dalmatian kitty! I think I have seen your posts around here before and you have lots of beautiful pets! Do you have any bigger photos of Debra, I'm wondering if she has a black nose and chin spot like my cat. How old is she?

Thanks, I will pass your compliments on to her . . . just what she needs . . . more fuel to add to her egotistical fire! ;) :rolleyes:

She is about 2 yrs. old (one of my TNRs that I just HAD to keep) and she has a triangle black nose like a jack-o-lantern, and she does have a perfectly shaped black thumbprint beneath her chin. She also has what resembles a peace sign in white hairs that come up dense from her nose and then become thinner yet continue in a pattern opposite ways around and behind the back of her ears . . . pretty neat!:cool: From behind, her back legs make her appear as though she is wearing black thigh-high stockings, so no wonder she thinks she is the "cat's meow"!;)

tuxluvr
09-11-2002, 08:15 AM

Tuxluvr, that is a great photo of Yoda, it looks like it was done by a professional!

Thank you, I'm so flattered! It was just a digital shot that I took to photoshop for some "special effects" :)

krazyaboutkatz
09-11-2002, 09:57 PM

Krazyaboutkats, I love the photos of Pepper, he is so big and fluffy! All 3 of your cats are beautiful, I think I have told you that before.:)

Thank you. :D I also think that I have beautiful cats but they also have great personalities. :)

Cataholic
09-16-2002, 04:18 PM
Thank you Vermontcat for telling me about this thread...and here I go. All six of my cats are tuxedo cats. All of them have white boots, and three of them truly are dressed in their finest tuxedos!

I think tuxedos have really unique personalities. My bratty cat (as someone else described their cat) Allie has this little black fleck- maybe the size of a big pin head, on her otherwise white stocking. Then her twin Dakky has a pink nose with nostrils outlined in black!!! It looks like he has buggers!!! It is so funny. Then, my feral cat Minnie looks like she had her ear dipped in milk. She is the only one that isn't a true tuxedo cat, but welcomed into my house hold she was!

I got my two twins from a totally white- not a speck of colour- female. There was a total of four in the litter. One all white, one all black, and my two dominoes. We also call them moo cows!

Cataholic
09-16-2002, 04:23 PM
I almost forgot...do any of you have the Tuxedo cat calendar? It is a yearly- month by month- calendar that you would hang from the wall!!! It is great. I can never wait to see the pictures until it is the month's time to view.

I_love_cats
09-16-2002, 05:52 PM
Yes i do own a black/white cat, he is my baby. The most gentle you will ever meet. His name is Joey, he never hiss, growl or stick his claws out. Only when he gets scared. He likes all cats, gets along great with my other cats. Of course, he gets nervous whe we have to take him to the vet. His nose always fades. Don't all cats hate going to the Vet.

tuxluvr
09-17-2002, 06:19 AM
Originally posted by Cataholic
I almost forgot...do any of you have the Tuxedo cat calendar? It is a yearly- month by month- calendar that you would hang from the wall!!! It is great. I can never wait to see the pictures until it is the month's time to view. \\

Oooh, gotta have one of those! Where did you find it?

Last year, I made my own tuxedo cat calendar, featuring one particular tuxy girl named Ritzy.

I don't know whether they truly do have peculiar personalities or the classy digs combined with typical cat behavior just makes them seem that way. I had a very experienced vet tell me once that black and white, particularly the mitted, tuxedo clad, cats are often VERY temperamental at the vet...don't particularly like changes in their routine, but that the "moo cow" kitties are a little more laid back...also said that males tend to be more laid back than their female counterparts..

Not sure how valid this is, but he is a great vet who's been doing this for 20 years so perhaps there is something to it.

Cataholic
09-17-2002, 12:11 PM
Tuxluvr- look at this!!!!

www.browntrout.com

Then, once you are there, left side CATS then to Tuxedo Cats!!!!!

I think I am buying mine now!!!!:D

Vermontcat
09-17-2002, 01:05 PM
Those calendars are so cool! I use a cat a day calendar and I save all the photos of my favorites, mostly moo-cow kitties, tux kitties and siamese too. When the year is done my daughter and I make collages and picture books using the photos.
Somehow I knew that Tuxluvr and Cataholic would have a lot in common.:) Now we just need to get Kohala and Grasshopper here.
Also for those black cat lovers out there(Tubby, Casper and Basil to name a few) there are cool black cat calendars at that website too!

Cataholic
09-17-2002, 01:38 PM
Vermontcat- how funny! My mom gets the cat a day calendar, and sends me the b/w photos...like there is one with a cone shaped birthday hat on this little kitty with streamers around it's neck, and it looks like my Allie. I have it here at work. She always sends me ones with cute little messages on it...usually something funny about what my cats might do. Then, at her house, she has all the cute ones of her type of cats...Tabbys. It is like the cat a day calendar gets multiple uses!:D

tuxluvr
09-17-2002, 04:11 PM
Tuxluvr- look at this!!!!

www.browntrout.com

Then, once you are there, left side CATS then to Tuxedo Cats!!!!!

I think I am buying mine now!!!!:D

OMG I'm SO in love with that calendar!!! wall to wall tuxedo kitties!!!1 And one of them looks a lot like Kohala's Grasshopper!!

Cataholic
09-18-2002, 08:50 AM
Tuxluvr- I swear they have my Allie in the 2002 calendar! It is soo fun to look at! Now, our Barnes and Noble has them too...

iluvpearlalways4ever
09-19-2002, 11:22 PM
ariel sky blue

hi im new here to. i had a cat but my parents gave her away. :( i miss her soooooooo much i hope you dont have to give away your cat.

toughCookie
09-20-2002, 01:57 AM
I have 2 black and white kitties, Patches and Charlie. I have posted quite a few pics of them and my other cats...

tuxluvr
09-20-2002, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by iluvpearlalways4ever
ariel sky blue

hi im new here to. i had a cat but my parents gave her away. :( i miss her soooooooo much i hope you dont have to give away your cat.

:confused:

I had to give a kitty away once some years ago because we were moving to a temporary rental that didn't allow pets...it was so heartbreaking, I know what you mean.

Hopefully someday you can have a permanent kitty dweller, we went years without a kitty until Ritzy came along..

Also, welcome to Pettalk!

Vermontcat
09-24-2002, 01:45 PM
I just checked out the photos of Patches and Charlie in another thread and I just remembered that you posted over here too. I think they are both handsome boys. How old are they now and are they brothers?

Bari_d
10-01-2002, 09:18 AM
Hello all...Vermontcat just wrote me about this thread, so I've been getting caught up - I feel as though I know all your furrbabies (and more) now! And, the calendars are great! I'll have to get one or more - great Christmas gifts!

I wanted to let you know that some of us Cat of the Day groupies and others put together a B&W web page, and we need more photos of B&W babies...please check us out, and if you want to add your precious furrfriends, just send me photos. My email is [email protected] The web page is http://www.cathappy.com/B&W.htm

You'll see some Cat of the Day babies there already...

Aren't cat people just the best?

Bari and the Pride

Cataholic
10-01-2002, 04:55 PM
Bari_d added my babies to the B/W site!!!! Thank you for your total graciousness and willingness to do so! Now go check out my babies!!!!! Thanks alot Bari, really very sweet and kind of you.
Johanna

Cataholic
10-03-2002, 10:15 AM
Say hello to five out of my six (maybe seven) black and whites!!!

Vermontcat
10-03-2002, 06:15 PM
I love all of your cats, I just posted on your other thread about the 7th cat.:) If you keep naming your cats after states you probably won't stop until you have 50 of them!:D

Cataholic
10-04-2002, 08:09 AM
VermontCat, that is EXACTLY what I am afraid of!!!!

wolflady
10-04-2002, 12:01 PM
Bari_d added my babies to the B/W site too!!!! Thank You so much!! :D What a great idea! It's so much fun to look at all the pictures and read about them. Scooter and Marius are so excited to be featured on the website and are sending lots of purrs your way, Bari! http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/catbouncy.gif
**hugs**
Karen

Cataholic
10-04-2002, 12:10 PM
Wolflady your babies are so very cute!!!! Isn't Bari_d wonderful? She was so great to add both of ours!!!!

Bari_d
10-04-2002, 02:17 PM
The Pride and I are so happy to welcome Tennessee, Texas, Georgia, Alabama, Dakota, Scooter and Marius to the B&W "Tuxedo Territory" Web Page - http://www.cathappy.com/B&W.htm

This page is a gift to humans having B&W (or B or W, for that matter - LOL) kitties...we just love an opportunity to put more kitty photos online! We meet some of the nicest people and the most purrrrfect furrababies that way!

We hope you will suggest our pages to other kitty friends...there is room for every breed, color, etc., and more! We even have guini pigs from the UK, a dog or two mixed in - if you've been to our home page, you'll also see deer, raccoons, hummers, and more - we LOVE animals!!!

Thanks for giving us the opportunity to SHOW OFF your furrbabies! God bless you everyone!

Bari and the ever present Pride!

jenluckenbach
10-04-2002, 02:43 PM
I just checked out the cat happy tuxedo cat web site.
NOW I WANT ANOTHER KITTY !!!!! ]
Just this year I took in my first tuxedo. He really does have the personality of an angel. Why didn't anyone tell me this before???????? I have had all black cats and I have had all white cats, but never a tuxedo.
And the balck and white cats that are more white are so gorgeous TOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!
I WANT ANOTHER KITTY

Bari_d
10-04-2002, 02:50 PM
jenluckenbach - Hello! How many furrbabies do you have??? The photos are all beautiful!

I imagine if you want a B&W...you'll find one out here! LOL

Bari

jenluckenbach
10-04-2002, 03:06 PM
bari_d I have 11 cat and 17 mice. Those are my fur babies.

wolflady
10-04-2002, 04:24 PM
Wolflady your babies are so very cute!!!! Isn't Bari_d wonderful? She was so great to add both of ours!!!!

Yes!:D This is such a cute site. I'll recommend it to all of my friends. Your brood is just too cute for words too;) I lived in Cincinnati for a brief period (after I graduated and got marriend and moved away from Indiana) before I moved out to California. I lived literally 1 exit away from the Kings Island exit! LOL I think the best church I have ever been to, was right there near where we lived. I haven't found one so good since! LOL

Bari, you're the greatest!:D It's true, pet people are the BEST people!!

**hugs**
Karen

Vermontcat
10-04-2002, 09:09 PM
I just checked out your cats at cathappy! I love the photos of Scooter with his big kitty eyes!:eek: Marius is so cute with his belly up and laying on your shoes too!
I hope to get a photo of my cat on cathappy too, I just need to find the perfect photo, maybe I will have some free time this weekend to do it. I think my favorite thing about cathappy is that it purrs when you go there!:D

Barbara
10-07-2002, 05:00 AM
This weekend I met my niece's young cat. Unfortunately we don't have any digital pix of him but he's soooo cute. He is called Bacardi and is an Austrian farm cat but looks like a Norwegian. He's 90 percent black but he has a white shirt and -can you believe it -light grey tufts behind (not in) his ears. As he is born in April he is very playful, but in a very kind way. You can pick him up and hold him and if you continue to pet his belly he starts to bite you very tenderly. The nicest thing: he always keeps his claws in -he only touches you with the soft paw.
He will be a big cat one day -you see it by the size of his paws and when the neighbor's dog tried to attack him :mad: , he arched his back, made his fluffy tail even bigger and hissed and spitted so that this dog went back and never tried again.:D

wolflady
10-07-2002, 01:02 PM
I just checked out your cats at cathappy! I love the photos of Scooter with his big kitty eyes!:eek: Marius is so cute with his belly up and laying on your shoes too!
I hope to get a photo of my cat on cathappy too, I just need to find the perfect photo, maybe I will have some free time this weekend to do it. I think my favorite thing about cathappy is that it purrs when you go there!:D

Thanks Vermontcat :D
I love the purring on cathappy too! I forgot and had my speakers up pretty loud here at work the other day, and I opened up that page and the purrs were LOUD! LOL My office mate turned around and was like "What's THAT??!!" Do'h! I was found out again! LOL LOL

Barbara, Bacardi sounds like a character!! Do post a pic of him if you get a chance! I'd just love to see the grey tufts behind the ears!! How cute! :D

**hugs**

Bari_d
10-07-2002, 02:05 PM
Vermontcat and Barbara, thanks for your kind words about our site. I look forward to receiving photos of Bacardi! The purr is "stolen/borrowed" from another site...most of us with personal sites try to share as much as we can - it makes it more fun that way. Have you been to BeBop's page? He has a very different "purr" because he thinks he is a "BIG" cat! http://www.cathappy.com/bebop.htm

Send any photos you want... B&W for B&W page...we have pages for others too!

Bari et al

ownerof3dogs
10-07-2002, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by krazyaboutkatz
I have a black cat named Pepper. He has some white on his tummy and bottom area. He's also big boned and weighs 17lbs. Here's a couple of pics of him.

Your cat is my cats twin. They look exactly the same. My brother saw the pic of Pepper and thought it was my cat Nera. And then he didn't believe me when I said that it wasn't her. They should be boyfriend and girlfriend.:D

I'll show you pictures of her when I get better ones.

krazyaboutkatz
10-07-2002, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by ownerof3dogs

Your cat is my cats twin. They look exactly the same. My brother saw the pic of Pepper and thought it was my cat Nera. And then he didn't believe me when I said that it wasn't her. They should be boyfriend and girlfriend.:D

I'll show you pictures of her when I get better ones.

Wow! I can't wait to see her pictures. :)

lexie
10-10-2002, 06:38 PM
i have a 5 month old all black kitten. named wiggles.

i also have a white kitten with two black spots about the size of quarters, and a compleatly black tail.that is about 7 months old.

i also have a blk/brn tabby that has blu eyes. that is about 7 weeks old.

tuxluvr
10-13-2002, 01:17 PM
Great tribute to the classy kitties! Manypictures but well worth the wait - some really gorgeous cats featured!

iluvpearlalways4ever
10-20-2002, 02:45 PM
i love my cat even though i dont have her anymore i miss her so much and seh was black and white and named pearl and was an angel sent from heaven :(

Bari_d
10-20-2002, 03:31 PM
We certainly understand the special place furrbabies leave in all our hearts. If you would like a photo of Pearl placed on our Rainbow Bridge page http://www.cathappy.com/rainbow.htm
please email me at [email protected] and send me a photo of her. We have many special furr friends already there. Enjoy your memories...they are precious

Bari

krazyaboutkatz
10-20-2002, 11:34 PM
Here's a picture that looks almost exactly like my parents cat Murphy Black. I got this out of a Cat Fancy magazine but it could be her twin. Unfortunately she had to be put to sleep last year because she was very sick. I believe that it was exactly a year ago today. She was only 10 years old and her mother was a Siamese purebred of some kind.

2kitties
10-24-2002, 05:53 PM
Hi, I'm new to this thread and am having so much fun checking out everyone's furbabies. I love the black and whites. My alpha cat is Taz. He's not quite 1 yet. Rocky came along in early June. He's close to 6 months now. Taz is black- but he boast ONE white hair on his neck. Rocky's a tux with a split profile. If you want to check them out and see a slice of life, go to my website by clicking on the www button in this reply.
As far as character traits of the black and whites go, I'm not sure. But I will tell you how my boys are. Taz is very mellow and laid back. He will only fight over one particular toy. everything else, he'll just let Rocky take away. He also ony makes small, quiet noises once in a while.
Rocky is a terror! He finds fun in everything, especially driving taz crazy. Rocky got his name because when he came to our house, Taz beat him up for quite a while. Now they're best buds and a great team. Rocky talks all the time and he loves to play in the running faucet. We have long conversations every morning.

Vermontcat
10-24-2002, 06:50 PM
2kitties, I checked out your website and I love the photos of your cats! Rocky seems to be quite the character! Your cats look like they could be brothers but I guess they aren't related other than good looks!:)

tuxluvr
10-24-2002, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by 2kitties
. Rocky talks all the time and he loves to play in the running faucet. We have long conversations every morning. [/B]

Another trait that Rocky and Ritzy have in common (hmm..sounds like a dance duo)...We have many "conversations" with Ritz in the morning, particularly during what we have dubbed as "coffee chat" - she is particularly vocal while we are running the water, putting the filter, grinding the beans....it is so funny, we have come to start answering her back. "OH, oh, REALLY, and then what did you do?" Mrrroorrrwww "Ahh, I see!"....

People who don't understand cats would think we were nuts:rolleyes:

2kitties
10-24-2002, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by tuxluvr

Another trait that Rocky and Ritzy have in common (hmm..sounds like a dance duo)...We have many "conversations" with Ritz in the morning, particularly during what we have dubbed as "coffee chat" - she is particularly vocal while we are running the water, putting the filter, grinding the beans....it is so funny, we have come to start answering her back. "OH, oh, REALLY, and then what did you do?" Mrrroorrrwww "Ahh, I see!"....

People who don't understand cats would think we were nuts:rolleyes:

Hee hee. ;) I think my conversations with Rocky are what keep me SANE. And, like you, I pretend to understand "cat" and talk right back in "english." He seems to understand.
Taz could care less. He just turns around and grunts before leaving the room. :p

ownerof3dogs
10-24-2002, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by krazyaboutkatz

Wow! I can't wait to see her pictures. :)

Here is a picture of my cat Nera. She is 2 yo and all black but has one white spot on her belly.

It is really hard to take pictures of a all black cat!! Nera looks like she doesn't have a nose or mouth! LOL
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid36/p4100645ae8102ded0fabcc40c1fba853/fd20be8a.jpg

krazyaboutkatz
10-25-2002, 12:31 AM

Here is a picture of my cat Nera. She is 2 yo and all black but has one white spot on her belly.

It is really hard to take pictures of a all black cat!! Nera looks like she doesn't have a nose or mouth! LOL
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid36/p4100645ae8102ded0fabcc40c1fba853/fd20be8a.jpg This is the same problem that I have with Pepper. Here's another picture of him. http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid28/pd26b00b4ce5b0472f79c9c6033f60528/fd6b89e5.jpg

AmberLee
10-25-2002, 12:40 AM
...Nera looks like she doesn't have a nose or mouth! ...

But doesn't she look like she should be in a painting by Monet? An absolute piece of impressionistic art. Beautiful, so beautiful!

tuxluvr
10-25-2002, 05:45 AM
Originally posted by AmberLee

But doesn't she look like she should be in a painting by Monet? An absolute piece of impressionistic art. Beautiful, so beautiful!

Yes, exactly! More attention to that glorious fur and striking eyes! I took a picture of my niece's cat and had the same difficulty, but after looking at the picture....well, see for yourself...oh, and Yoda also has a little white "spiff" of fur on her tummy :)

2kitties
10-25-2002, 09:18 AM

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid36/p4100645ae8102ded0fabcc40c1fba853/fd20be8a.jpg

No kidding!!! I have the same problem with Taz. All the pics turn out to be a black blob.
Nera is a beauty.

Bari_d
10-25-2002, 09:21 AM
Hello everyone! I've been so busy lately I haven't had time to check posts, and gee I sure have missed some beautiful furrbabies!!! Murphy Black, Nera and Pepper are all wonderful, as is the beautiful photo Tuxluvr (hi there!) did of Yoda!

Oh, and 2 kitties, I visited your web page and looked at your babies - how precious! Great web page, by the way!

It is very true that black cats are difficult to photograph. Natural light is really the only way I ever get anything, and that is difficult. Flash seems to just reflect and all I get is eyes! I take many, many photos of Panther and Scarlet that never turn out, but I still like to show them off - here are they web pages!

http://www.cathappy.com/panther.htm
http://www.cathappy.com/scarlet.htm

Bari

2kitties
10-25-2002, 04:46 PM
What a terrific pride you have! Thanks for adding Rocky and Taz to your site.
Your pics of the black cats are beautiful. Certainly better than the black blobs I usually get. Maybe its the models!!;)

ownerof3dogs
10-26-2002, 12:19 AM
Nera says "thanks for all the nice comments"

Everyones cats are also very beautiful. We could make a really nice looking calender LOL

Here are pictures of my other two cats

Astrohttp://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid36/pc58f222abbd866961fc30f56df3dd38d/fd205d53.jpg

Mitsy (can you believe she's about 15yo!)
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid36/p58c367c349a7afcb8e6384c5526e6739/fd2065c6.jpg

krazyaboutkatz
10-26-2002, 12:36 AM
Ownerof3dogs, your cats are very beautiful. Thanks for posting their pics. :)

Bari_d
10-26-2002, 08:50 AM
Yes, I agree, Ownerof3dogs, your babies are precious! At 15, Mitsy looks so pretty! Obviously Happy, loved babies! Another success story!!! Nice to "meet" them - thanks for sharing!

Bari and the Pride

Lillycat
11-16-2002, 06:01 PM
what a thrill it was to open up the lovely file on all the "black and whites"......it is just beautiful......especially thrilling to see my grandkittys....johannas b/w"s......thank you sooooo much!!!!

Vermontcat
12-01-2002, 08:11 PM
Bari D, I just looked at your black and white page again and noticed you added Kim's handsome cat Tucker's photos.
He looks great there with all the other black and whites.:)

Kim, I love your black and white page too, Tucker and Tanner are such cuties!:cool:

I_love_cats
01-31-2003, 10:12 PM
Here is some pictures of my black/white Joey, he just turn 3 yrs old.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid49/pc15ad918374cf28e6aa6174b849fe186/fcb3adad.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid49/paa10654f85d59f82786bc05e336c17b3/fcb3bacc.jpg
Close up picture of Joey!!

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid49/p4b128cad917e2905c8a708b62b17a5b0/fcb3ad9f.jpg
Joey like sleeping on the toilet, i thought it would be a funny picture to take.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid49/p69a5581fd78facac3e51cfb36a990cf5/fcb3adaa.jpg
This is the first day in are new home, he is about 3 mos.

Bari_d
02-02-2003, 08:48 AM
Hi, I Love Cats...Joey is really handsome - no wonder you love him so much! We would really like to add his photos to our Tuxedo page... http://www.cathappy.com/B&W.htm

You can email me directly if you would like to place his photos on the Tux page - [email protected] and send the photos you prefer, or we can use these! Please snuggle your handsome boy for us.

Bari et al