PDA

View Full Version : UPDATE ---- I Am So Angry!! Why Are People So Cruel???

Reachoutrescue
09-16-2007, 01:28 AM
My blood is just boiling. You all know of Beautiful and her seven puppies. Well, two were adopted to a man in Chicago, a Chicago police officer mind you. When he adopted Piper and Peanut about a three weeks ago, Piper weighed 9 lbs and Peanut weighed almost 8. He called me on 9/7 and said Peanut was loosing weight and not eating, I told him to take her to the vet. So he did. They did a fecal and said she had an intestinal virus and put her on ammoxi drops and rebound hydration liquid. She was down to 4 lbs. That is almost a pound a week. He was suppose to give her the meds for 14 days. He calls me yesterday and said she still won't eat, when she does she poops it out and it is bloody diarrhea. He said all she does is sleep and cry. He told me that he can not do this anymore and he doesn't think he can offer the care she needs. So I went yesterday and picked her up. She is so skinny. He also stopped giving her the medication after only five days. Well, I brought her home and set her down on my kitchen floor. She was bouncing around all over. I offered her some canned Pro Plan puppy food and she gulped it down as if she hasn't eaten in forever. She ate two more times last night. I fed her this morning and again she gulped it down. I took her to the vet today (well 9/15) and they checked her poop (which is not bloody but is watery). They found NOTHING wrong with her. They offered her some treats and food...which she gulped down in a matter of seconds. The vet said she was neglected, starved, and not given proper love or care. So now I have to wean her back to health with Albon (for a precaution because Polly has Coccidia and they don't want Peanut to get it as well), five small meals a day, and the rebound three times daily until she starts gaining weight. She is a ball of energy. How could he do this. I asked the vet about Piper and what I should do. She is very big and seems to be well cared for. She said to give him a month with her and do a check up. If she is even the tad bit skinny to take her from him using police if needs be. I called him and he insisted he fed her and cared for but admits in giving Piper more attention and just leaving Peanut "on the back burner". I am so mad and just don't know if I feel okay with leaving Piper there. She looks great. I told him I will be ther on October 15 to see Piper and if one little think looks wrong I am taking her. He agreed and apologize for Peanut's condition.

Thanks for listening. I just needed to vent. Here is a picture of Peanut when she was a baby and of now. I took it with my phone so I am sorry it is not the best, but my camera is broke. Her bones are sticking out all over and her fur is dry and flakey. I just hope she starts gaining weight and gets better, I don't care how long it takes. Thanks again for listening.

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n194/Reachoutrescue/Peanut4wks-1.jpg

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n194/Reachoutrescue/0831071011a.jpg

crow_noir
09-16-2007, 03:11 AM
That is horrible he was ignoring her like that...

Look at the silver lining... at least he called. Some people wouldn't have even done that. If someone did a check up they'd just say that the dog got out and they haven't found it.

I'd say checking up on the other dog is a good idea... but you shouldn't have told him ahead of time.

Muddy4paws
09-16-2007, 06:20 AM
:( She looks so sad, Poor girl. Im glad shes got a nice place with you right now it looks like she can do with alot of TLC.

KittyGurl
09-16-2007, 01:47 PM
That is horrible! I wouldn't blame you for taking Piper away if she isn't in good condition. Even if nothing is wrong with her, I would still take her away. He doesn't deserve to have a pet at all! :mad:

Zippy
09-16-2007, 06:57 PM
Poor Peanut :( I don't blame you for being worried about Piper.My gosh why are people so stupid.

mike001
09-16-2007, 07:40 PM
She has such a sad look in her eyes, I know you'll give her all the care she needs and if you rehome her I would keep a close look out for a while. I agree with taking away the other pup too, doesn't sound like the kind of person who should have any pet.

jennielynn1970
09-16-2007, 09:33 PM
If it were me, and I do rescue with cats, if they mistreat or neglect one cat and they've adopted a pair from us, we take the both back. There would be no way I would leave the other pup with that guy. None.

I'd also put him on a DNA (Do Not Adopt) list and make sure other rescues in your surrounding areas got his info (name, address, phone etc...) as well.

critter crazy
09-16-2007, 09:49 PM
If it were me, and I do rescue with cats, if they mistreat or neglect one cat and they've adopted a pair from us, we take the both back. There would be no way I would leave the other pup with that guy. None.

I'd also put him on a DNA (Do Not Adopt) list and make sure other rescues in your surrounding areas got his info (name, address, phone etc...) as well.

I have to agree with this! 100%!!

crow_noir
09-17-2007, 01:45 AM
Definitely!!!

jackie
09-17-2007, 06:18 AM
I agree with Jenn. Anyone who lets an animal get into such a bad state shouldn't have pets.

I am glad she is getting the attention she needs.

molucass
09-17-2007, 08:17 PM
I also have to agree.

If that was one of my puppies, I definitely would not leave the other one there. Even if she does look great. There's no reason for him to neglect one and care for the other.. What's to say he won't get bored with the one he has now and start neglecting her too?

I would go back and get her in a heartbeat.

lute
09-17-2007, 09:20 PM
Tracy, I'm glad you got Peanut back before it was too late. I do have to say though, what if Piper's owner gets another dog? Will Piper be "put on the back burner"??? Maybe you should just take her back whether she's in good shape or not. I couldn't imagin adopting two puppies and only careing for one because it's my favorite. Good luck on your visit and your desicion.

I must add that Peanut is a CUTIE!!!!

Reachoutrescue
10-08-2007, 09:24 PM
I know it has been a while again since I posted. My computer crashed so I am at my sister's using hers. I don't know how long it will be until I get another computer due to lack of funds.

So anyway. The dogs are well. Beautiful is doing well. She is more then likely staying here with us. Polly is better and in a new home. A nice man adopted her. He has a HUGE house and yard. Peanut is still here with us gaining weight slowly. I have seen Piper (her sister) and she is doing well. No signs of neglect there so far. Peanut is now done with her medicine and I took in a fecal for rechecking. I will get the results back tomorrow.

Other than that, that is about it. I just wanted to update everybody. Again, I am so sorry for not writing sooner.

I will be around when I can get to a computer.