PDA

View Full Version : Rocky says hello..

KYS
09-15-2007, 11:42 AM
It's been some time since I posted about Rock.

Rocky had his 8th birthday last week and he is doing good.
Since Sheba past away he is pretty much a house dog.
He must miss her because he has gotten even more affectionate, whiny
and walks around the house with his hedge hog.
He is happy and seems to have adjusted well. "except when the weather is HOT and he is alone".

Robin I hope you see this. :)
I took a couple of pics of him this morning.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/kbursk/raccoonsittingsmall.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/kbursk/raccoonlayingsmall.jpg

chocolatepuppy
09-15-2007, 12:20 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROCKY !!! :D

RobiLee
09-15-2007, 01:08 PM
Oh, be still my heart!

Katie and I are very happy ladies today. What a wonderful way to start out looking at PT this afternoon. Thanks for sending me the PM, Karen. Katie and I certainly would not have wanted to miss seeing our special guy today. He is positively 100% handsome. I can't believe he is 8 years old now. He was only 4 maybe even still 3 when I first met him and his sister Sheba here at PT (still miss that lovely girl :( ). Just look at how thick his coat is. I have to say it makes me kind of glad that Katie's isn't quite that thick because if he blows coat anything like Katie does I can't even imagine all the fur..lol. AND...look at the size of those paws. They are huge. Do you know how much he weighs? He just looks so much bigger than Katie and she weighs 91 pounds now! Can you believe that?! Remember how worried I was about her being so sick and skinny when we first got her. I'm gad to hear that he is doing well and has adjusted to the loss of his sister. I still wish I could meet you and Rocky in person.

Karen, you would be so proud of Katie. She has turned into such a wonderful girl. I took her to a big family picnic on Labor Day and she was a huge hit. I got so many wonderful compliments about her and even got to enjoy over hearing conversations about how beautiful and well behaved she was. She still doesn't get along with other dogs (duh! it only took me forever to accept that it is akita nature) but she pays them no attention when we are walking by and it is only nose to nose when she gets mean with them, so that is not even a problem for me anymore. I really wish you could meet her. I know she would absolutely love you. I haven't posted pics of her in awhile so I will try to get some new shots of her and post them for you and Rocky.

Thank you so much for sharing that gorgeous hunk of boy with us.

Love, hugs, sloppy kisses and tailwags for you and Rocky from me and Katie :D

RobiLee
09-15-2007, 01:13 PM
Oops! We forgot to say:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SWEET BOY ROCKY!!

We wish you many more and lots of good health.

Love, hugs and tailwags from Robin, Katie and Tori :)

shais_mom
09-15-2007, 02:27 PM
happy birthday ROCKY! :D

molucass
09-15-2007, 02:47 PM
Aww. Rocky is such a handsome boy. :)

Happy Birthday big guy!

Suki Wingy
09-15-2007, 04:33 PM
Happy Birthday, Handsome!!

Ginger's Mom
09-15-2007, 07:48 PM
Happy Birthday, handsome Rocky!!!
I am so happy to see you today. I am glad to hear that you are adjusting to being an only dog, and that you are enjoying your extra time with Mom. Hope to see you around more often, Rocky.

Muddy4paws
09-16-2007, 06:25 AM
We dont see enough Akitas!! :D Happy Birthday gorgeous boy, I hope you and your hedgehog have a wonderful day!

anna_66
09-16-2007, 07:11 AM
Hello, hello, hello! It's so nice to hear from you and your mom Rocky (as well as see some very handsome pictures of you;))

I'm very glad to hear that your adjusting to being an only dog. I bet mommy spoils you rotten doesn't she:)

Now, it's just not fair. We haven't seen you in forever and all that's posted is 2 pictures of you:eek: We need more...please! :D

KYS
09-16-2007, 11:53 AM
Rocky says Woo Woo thankyou to everyone. :)

Robin, it's amazing how thick his fur is living in such HOT weather. He doesn't blow coat like a normal Akita. If I recall Katie and SHeba make bags full. lol
His thick fur fools you. He weighs around 125.
Wow Katie weighs 91 pounds. LOL I remember when she was a skinny thing.
Robin if Katie is gentle and good with people you might want to consider
doing Therapy work with her. (if you think you would
both would enjoy it.) :)

shais_mom
09-16-2007, 12:02 PM
Rocky says Woo Woo thankyou to everyone. :)

Robin, it's amazing how thick his fur is living in such HOT weather. He doesn't blow coat like a normal Akita. If I recall Katie and SHeba make bags full. lol
His thick fur fools you. He weighs around 125.
Wow Katie weighs 91 pounds. LOL I remember when she was a skinny thing.
Robin if Katie is gentle and good with people you might want to consider
doing Therapy work with her. (if you think you would
both would enjoy it.) :)
I think that's a great idea Robin!
you could visit cancer patients or nursing homes! :) I'd love to do something like that - but you've seen Keegan in action! :eek:

lizbud
09-16-2007, 12:30 PM
Thanks for the new Rocky pictures. It's great to see your handsome fella again. More would be good too. :)

jackie
09-17-2007, 06:21 AM
Happy birthday!

:)