PDA

View Full Version : my night of planned luxury ahead...

carole
09-14-2007, 03:49 PM
Some of you know i have tickets to see"America" live in concert on Dec 14th, it is my early 50th birthday pressie for myself, and yes i am taking my beloved hubby with me,that alone is the most excitement i have had in a long time,we have also decided to stay the night as it is in Rotorua, about an hrs drive from my city,Rotorua is a tourist spot, just wanted to share my accommodation with you, it is one of the best in town, i decided to heck with it, we have not been away anywhere or had a holiday in five years, so one night of luxury is on the cards, of course there are much more expensive places, but for me this is pretty ok, well more than ok, it's wonderful. :)

www.regalpalmsml.co.nz so what do you all think, and i am doing no cooking at all, eating out,they serve brekky at the resort too, there is mini golf, which i have discovered i love, swimming pool,sauna,tennis court, gym, don't think we will be there long enough to enjoy everything, but i will need and enjoy my private spa pool..and all this for $160.normally 195, but i have done an advance booking, paying for it now, no cancellations allowed though, but sure are not intending to do that.

p.s I have never left my kitties ever before, my son is coming down with his partner Amber and they will look after Melissa and the furbabies, but i still worry as Nikki and Ellie-mae are scaredy cats and don't know scott that well, and even though Melissa is here they will probably not come inside for the night, i usually shut them in at night, but i will have to leave the cat door open probably, so that is a real worry, i am sure they will be ok, i hope so.

davidpizzica
09-14-2007, 04:11 PM
Oh, Sis! If ANYONE deserves a night of pampering and luxury it's you Carole. Especially after all the problems you've gone through in the past months. It really sounds spectacular and I wish I was there to share in the excitement. Maybe in spirit!

Killearn Kitties
09-14-2007, 04:17 PM
It looks fantastic, Carole! What a treat. You would need to stay for three days to appreciate it all. :D

I am sure all the kitties will be 100% fine. Ours are very nervous of strangers too. If we have company, you hardly see the cats, but at night when everyone is safely in bed, they come in.

carole
09-15-2007, 03:50 PM
Thanks David, i sure need a night away, and i am so looking forward to it, it has everything i want, that i consider luxury,yes i really would love two or three days, but alas not possible,mainly because of the kitties,and of course there is a teenage daughter to consider, who i am sure would love to have the place to herself, yeah right in her dreams, lol,thanks for taking the time to view,just so excited i had to share. :) :D

As for the furbabies, well Ash will be fine, he is very laid back and does not worry about people and he knows scott well, scott loves him to bits really, and so does his girlfriend Amber, she thinks he is so cute, lexie used to be very skittish but she is pretty good now and she knows scott and melissa,but the two newbies are the ones i am more worried about, ellie-mae always disappears when anyone calls, and nikki is better, but she may be scared too, i will have to leave the cat door for them to come and go as they please i guess, which of course i am not really happy about doing, Nikki is a very indoor kitty now and lexie too, she has only escaped about three times at night in the five years i have had her, i am hoping she won't do a houdini that night,whether nikki and ellie will come in for food is another story, i will feed them well before i leave friday lunchtime and i guess they will survive to the next day if they choose not to come inside for a meal. well i am trying not to worry myself silly, as i do want to enjoy myself and i know they should be fine .

davidpizzica
09-15-2007, 05:02 PM
Thanks David, i sure need a night away, and i am so looking forward to it, it has everything i want, that i consider luxury,yes i really would love two or three days, but alas not possible,mainly because of the kitties,and of course there is a teenage daughter to consider, who i am sure would love to have the place to herself, yeah right in her dreams, lol,thanks for taking the time to view,just so excited i had to share. :) :D

As for the furbabies, well Ash will be fine, he is very laid back and does not worry about people and he knows scott well, scott loves him to bits really, and so does his girlfriend Amber, she thinks he is so cute, lexie used to be very skittish but she is pretty good now and she knows scott and melissa,but the two newbies are the ones i am more worried about, ellie-mae always disappears when anyone calls, and nikki is better, but she may be scared too, i will have to leave the cat door for them to come and go as they please i guess, which of course i am not really happy about doing, Nikki is a very indoor kitty now and lexie too, she has only escaped about three times at night in the five years i have had her, i am hoping she won't do a houdini that night,whether nikki and ellie will come in for food is another story, i will feed them well before i leave friday lunchtime and i guess they will survive to the next day if they choose not to come inside for a meal. well i am trying not to worry myself silly, as i do want to enjoy myself and i know they should be fine .
Carole, you have every right to be excited! I would be excited, too. As for cat sitters I think you have two very respomsible children that will take care of them. How about that! We both have a cat name Nikki! Carole, have FUN, and tell us about your adventures in luxury.

sirrahbed
09-15-2007, 06:09 PM
ah Carole - that spot looks so wonderful!!! I am glad you are able to plan this and will enjoy every moment!! Huuby and I do not vacation but every year or so we stay at an Inn, B&B, etc close to home - just to feel pampered! Your place looks lovely - I enjoyed taking the little visual tour and even looking at the breakfast menu :)

carole
09-16-2007, 12:43 AM
Yes debbie i intend to sample that breakfast menu, wwatchers or not, i might even go as far as trying the pancakes, simply a favourite of mine and something i hardly ever have, picture me on a nice summer's morning in our private patio after having a spa,sitting there having that wonderful brekky, i can just feel it already lol.,glad you enjoyed the little tour,it is so nice isn't it? :)

David i never even realised we both had a kitty named Nikki, isn't that cute? both are little treasures aren't they? :D i think you had your nikki before mine, we call her nixie, pixie,kitza (her full name is nikkita)among many other cute lil nicknames. lol :)

Hellow
09-16-2007, 12:54 AM
These are just some of the things your cats will be doin:
http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb195/Hellow54321/LOl%20Cat/IOK.jpg
http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb195/Hellow54321/LOl%20Cat/IIYRDO.jpg
http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb195/Hellow54321/LOl%20Cat/KittenPopt.jpg

davidpizzica
09-16-2007, 04:19 AM
Yes debbie i intend to sample that breakfast menu, wwatchers or not, i might even go as far as trying the pancakes, simply a favourite of mine and something i hardly ever have, picture me on a nice summer's morning in our private patio after having a spa,sitting there having that wonderful brekky, i can just feel it already lol.,glad you enjoyed the little tour,it is so nice isn't it? :)

David i never even realised we both had a kitty named Nikki, isn't that cute? both are little treasures aren't they? :D i think you had your nikki before mine, we call her nixie, pixie,kitza (her full name is nikkita)among many other cute lil nicknames. lol :)
Carole, a lot of times I shorten her name to Nick. I agree with you, they're both treasures!

joycenalex
09-16-2007, 05:46 AM
carole you deserve a very nice timwe away, it looks fantastic. and enjoy any pancekes you eat :D

carole
09-16-2007, 06:02 PM
Oh i will folks, indeed i will, reggie those pics are so cute, thanks for sharing, oh i am sure they get up to a lot of mischief everynight, not just when i am away, must get a kitty cam set up one of these days, would make interesting viewing i think lol.