PDA

View Full Version : So now I know Odie's not a guard dog...

Goochina & Goochissimo
08-01-2002, 03:51 PM
He's always been such a wuss, but we really truly thought that if it came down to defending us against an intruder he'd stand up to them. Apparently, he's been counting on us to guard him. :rolleyes:

My husband lost his keys, and ended up locked out of the house. He came home from work, and decided to jump the fence into the back yard and go in a window. So here goes hubby, flying over the fence, and there goes Odie -- running to the other side of the yard, hiding, and whining incessantly. He was so scared he didn't even notice it was his daddy!!!

On the other hand, Scout may be deaf but he's our guard dog. He ran over to the fence and started growling and barking his head off until he realized it was daddy. He's so in tune to his surroundings -- its amazing. :)

zippy-kat
08-01-2002, 04:29 PM
:D I bet that was a cute pic!!

lovemymaltese
08-01-2002, 04:30 PM
Well at least he loves you. That is so funny. My friend has a shizu (however you spell that)
The dog hides under the couch and growls when people knock or come in the house. It's funny.

Aspen and Misty
08-01-2002, 05:55 PM
Teddy will run to the door and bark and sniff and Chewy will run after Teddy barking and attacking Teddy. LOL

sasvermont
08-01-2002, 07:25 PM
(((((Odie))))) the bravest of dogs....well, next to the bravest! What a cute story. Glad you have at least one dog alarm at all times!

:D

Stenograsaurus
08-02-2002, 09:00 AM
What a cute image.

DoggiesAreTheBest
08-02-2002, 09:36 AM
I can just picture it! How funny!

ramanth
08-02-2002, 09:55 AM
LOL! I know how you feel. Kia will bark just once at the sound of a knock, but once the door is opened she rolls over and shows her belly. :D :rolleyes: