PDA

View Full Version : Geeze Lousise- rant

Romance
09-14-2007, 08:21 AM
Holy cow!!!
People never cease to amaze me at the lengths they will go to, to get their own way.
As most of you know I have a litter of GSD pups. I have several deposits down on male pups for companion. Standard procedure is I call the people and set up an appointment date and time for them to see the pups. This usually goes over very nice and smooth. I also don't often set an appointment when hubby will not be home. I'm not a big person, and prefer that strange men were not here when he isn't home. I'm not afraid just cautious....anyways
i had set an appointment up for yesterday and today. the appointment yesterday was in the afternoon, with a woman and her husband I have known for several years. no problem. today's appointment was set up for tonight with a single guy...again i thought no problem. well... yesterday in the middle of my appointment with the couple, the single guy shows up. I tell him I'm very sorry but I have other people over, and he will have to wait for his appointment tomorrow night. he threw a fit. a BIG fit. ( I mentally scratched him off my puppy buyers list) :mad: oh and the single guy doesn't have a deposit down i was considering him for one of my extra pups.
.....my lady friend's husband helped me get the single guy to leave. (we all sat down for a cup of tea after) everything goes well they picked their pup. I send off an I'm sorry letter to the guy saying he doesn't qualify as a potential puppy owner because of his temper
......11pm (hubby is not home, he is umping a game an hour away) my dogs go wild growling and snapping at my back window.steel is throwing himself at the back door. :eek: (I'm in my PJ's and this is scaring the crap out of me, my dogs just don't act this way EVER) I called my neighbor (very large man) he walks over and finds the firkin single guy in my back yard!!!!!
...apparently he was looking for my pups. My neighbor holds the guy i call cops. he tells the cops he was looking for my pups, because i had denied him as a customer and he wanted one. (pfft stupid man :mad: ) he also told them he thought i kept them outside and it would be easy to just take one. (PFFT again! :mad: :mad: )
I have another 4 appointments Sunday..please keep me in your thoughts that i don't end up with anymore idiots.

anna_66
09-14-2007, 08:30 AM
OMG! That is very scary. I'm glad you had someone around to help you get this guy. He sounds psycho.

I hope your appointments turn out better than this one did!

Cinder & Smoke
09-14-2007, 08:40 AM
Holy cow!!!

... my neighbor walks over and finds the (-) single guy in my back yard!!!!!

... My neighbor holds the guy - I call the cops.

... he also told them he thought ... it would be easy to just take one. (PFFT again! :mad: :mad: )

:eek:

So - WHAT Happened with 'the single guy'??
Did the Cops haul him off in handcuffs, or what?

I hope you're planning to press charges.

You'd better bake a big plate of Cookies for your Handy to Have Neighbor!

;)

WELOVESPUPPIES
09-14-2007, 08:41 AM
WOW, some people are stupid!! For goodness sakes, if he thought that you might keep the puppies outside did he not consider the possibiliyt that there may be an adult dog out there too? I would think that should scare a normal person from even considering entering a yard.

Glad your dogs warned you so this clown was caught by your neighbor.

I surely hope you do not run across any more ding dongs like this. I would also be weary of any newbys that start inquiring on your pups, you never know, he just might send a friend on his behalf to trick you and still end up with one of your pups.

Freedom
09-14-2007, 08:42 AM
I am SO glad that you got the police involved. That way, there is a record in case anything ever happens with the guy in future -- with you OR with someone else!

I hope you have a great big thank you aranged for your neighbor! It is important to have folks you can rely on to help out in times of need, and this man came through BIG time. Whew!

Prayers that you NEVER have to deal with this creep or any other creep again!
Sandie

Pawsitive Thinking
09-14-2007, 09:27 AM
OMG! how awful for you!!

This guy shouldn't raise plants let alone a pup so good for you for crossing him off the list......

king2005
09-14-2007, 11:01 AM
Thats scary stuff!!

Its good to have neighbours on your side! Its also good to know that your dogs are good alarms & they sound like they will do their best to protect you, if that idiot ever got into the house! I'll bet that your dogs already knew that guy was a bad guy from earlier & thats why they reacted so agressivly. My old dog did that. He learned that these 2 men were NOT welcomed in the yard as they looked like they were trying to break in. One day I saw these men trying to get through the gate & my dog was getting very snarly & wanted outside.. So I let him out side. He charged that gate at full speed, snarling, snapping, fluffed up & he jumped up on the gate trying to eat the 2 men... they backed off. I called my dog in. & took him out the front door. I demanded to know why they keep trying to get into the yard.. they said there was an ad in the paper that said an apt was for rent.. I said cute, cut the crap, there is no ad, or you just cannot read! At that time our neighbourhood was being hit hard by break ins. The only houses not effected were the ones with large dogs. I'll never miss that town,, its just too poor & the crime ratio is the highest in the country :S

Might be an idea to make sure all your doors/windows are locked from now on.. this guys sounds insane!!

Romance
09-14-2007, 12:59 PM
guy was charged with trespassing. Neighbor is coming over for beer after work. I have someone coming to install security cameras in the yard next week. this afternoon pups are in the run with Grace and Steel has run of the yard. nobody gets past Steel. they can't even distract him with yummies. he is trained not to take anything offered by strangers.

king2005
09-14-2007, 01:20 PM
guy was charged with trespassing. Neighbor is coming over for beer after work. I have someone coming to install security cameras in the yard next week. this afternoon pups are in the run with Grace and Steel has run of the yard. nobody gets past Steel. they can't even distract him with yummies. he is trained not to take anything offered by strangers.

Thats good news :)

Steel should be able to keep that idiot at bay, hes such a good boy :)

mike001
09-14-2007, 02:01 PM
Been so busy since yesterday that I didn't notice your post till now. I sure hope you're doing ok. Too bad you couldn't have let steel out to munch on the guy. That is scary....I don't think I would enjoy your neck of the woods...lol. Lucky for that neighbor, they do come in handy don't they. What kind of idiot would just try to steal a dog, has to have one severe problem, you are very lucky he didn't get one of your pups. Hope he sits in jail for awhile and is sent for some kind of counselling.

cyber-sibes
09-14-2007, 03:59 PM
:eek: that's pretty scarey! I'm glad he got charged with something, maybe he'll actually stay away. You never know about bizare people like that, I worry they will be vindictive or something. (Had a lunatic Satellite installer that I had to call the cops on once. :rolleyes: ) Hopefully you'll have wonderful families show up n sunday & everything will be smooth. Good thing you've got Steele there.

lizbud
09-14-2007, 04:27 PM
That is pretty scary. This guy is not right in the head. Be careful.
maybe it would be better to meet the potiential adopters/buyers at
some neutral location for a intro first, before you give out your home
address? It's a freaky world sometimes.

*LabLoverKEB*
09-14-2007, 05:16 PM
WOW! This guy sounds like a freako. I'm SO glad that you, or any of the doggies were not hurt! God Bless your neighbor! :eek:

Romance
09-14-2007, 05:32 PM
What kind of idiot would just try to steal a dog, .

A Brampton Idiot lol.

mike001
09-14-2007, 08:43 PM
Is that far from your place? Close enough to drive in a short time? I would put bolts on my doors if it was that close. Isn't Brampton somewhere near T.O.?

buttercup132
09-14-2007, 09:53 PM
Isn't Brampton somewhere near T.O.? No it's the opposite direction (I think..:confused: ) but still in ONT. A couple hours apart.

That is really scary!! I'm glad your taking so many procautions.
This guy must have been a real idiot to try and trespass in your backyard,maybe he forgot you had a few GSD that would easily tear him apart?

crow_noir
09-15-2007, 12:57 AM
OMG, that's horrible. It's freaky that there are people out there like that.

Thank goodness you had wonderful people able to help you out. Try not to be alone for a while and try to have your neighbors keep an eye on the house while you are away. It doesn't seem like this guy would be beyond B&E.

P.S. You may want to call/write to shelters, rescues, and other breeders in the area and tell them about this guy. One of the shelters in my area is getting a dog stolen from them about every three months (something is wrong with their system imo, if it's that frequent. )

Catty1
09-15-2007, 09:58 AM
Brampton is a city on the edge of Toronto - but you can get there on the TTC! :)

I had a gig at a Holiday Inn there many years ago.

Romance, I hope you can report this creep to the Humane and Animal Control - just so they have a record of his name.

How old was this jerk??? No wonder he is single!

KYS
09-15-2007, 12:15 PM
I agree with the others,
Pretty scary and I am so glad the police our involved.
This guys sounds like he has a screw loose.
Be careful, he might be around again.

Romance
09-17-2007, 09:22 PM
Brampton is about 20 minutes from my house.