PDA

View Full Version : Who ever said cats and cribs don't mix? Cute :)

Sirrahsim
09-13-2007, 08:36 PM
Let me set the scene: It was my son Austin's bedtime. He was sleepy, swaddled, and laying in his crib trying to drift off to sleep. I was standing next to him patting his back to help in sleep.
All of the sudden my cat Boomer jumped up into the crib and startled Austin awake. I put Austin's pacifier back in his mouth and Boomer snuggled in to his favorite spot above Austin's head. As I stood there Boomer started licking Austin's hair. Austin seemed to relax a lot when Boomer was doing this so I let the pacifier fall out of his mouth and stood back to watch. Boomer ended up giving Austin's head a thorough tongue bath and Austin ended up sound asleep!

I guess if Austin is ever having a hard time sleeping I just just need to smear some cat vitamin paste in his hair :p :D

jennielynn1970
09-13-2007, 08:40 PM
Awe... that's so sweet!!! And people still want to believe the old wives' tales about cats being dangerous around babies.... such nonsense!!

Laura's Babies
09-13-2007, 08:55 PM
How sweet!! I had a cat that use to jump into bed with Eddie when he was a baby and stay until Eddie went to sleep. Once asleep, the cat would go on his merry way.

Craftlady
09-13-2007, 09:08 PM
To sweet of Boomer to take care of the baby. :)

CathyBogart
09-13-2007, 10:18 PM
"Hang on mom....let me help you with that!"

Adorable!

Karen
09-13-2007, 11:41 PM
Awww! Good Boomer! Austin must not be as much of a wiggler as my nephoo Axel. Trillian (the wee tuxie - full grown but small) installed herself in his bassinet as soon as he was brought home from the hospital, then moved with him to his crib, but he's always beena wiggler, so she sleeps as far as she can get from him, so she doesn't get smushed by accident!

orangemm
09-14-2007, 04:51 AM
What a sweet boy that Boomer is! He sure is a good "big brother" to Austin!

How about some pictures of all your "boys"? (hint hint) ;) :D

catmandu
09-14-2007, 06:18 PM
Thats Great That You Have Big Gentle Boomer As An Aide , And That Austin Will Grow Up With A Love And Appreciation Of Cats.
Thats How I Got Started With Cats All Those Years Ago. I Cant See A Gray Cat Without Thinking Of Our First Cat James.
And Then Bosco The Boston Terrier.
How Wonderful It Wil Be To See Them.
One Fine Day.

BitsyNaceyDog
09-14-2007, 06:33 PM
That's so sweet.
I've yet to catch any of my cats asleep in Nathan's crib. They all jumped in it to check it out when we first got it, but I haven't seen them in it since. We have a cat bed under the crib and one of my cats likes to nap in there while Nathan is asleep in the crib.
It's funny, I used to keep a basket of receiving blankets on the dresser and I would constantly find the blankets in the cat bed under the crib. Anything I left on the dresser (Nathan's pajamas, a sweater, sweat pants, anything) would end up that cat bed. I finally found out which cat was doing it when I caught him carrying a blanket in his mouth out into the living room.

KittyGurl
09-16-2007, 02:11 PM
That is so sweet. What a wonderful kitty! :D

momcat
09-16-2007, 04:23 PM
Obviously someone who knows nothing about pets and babies! When Soncat was born we had a scottish terrier, everyone said we'd have problems with the dog after the baby was born. Not so!!! The day we brought the baby home, I sat with him on the floor and told Haggis that the baby was part of the family just like he was and I'd need his help taking care of the baby. From then on, Haggis was extremely protective and as Mike grew they were wonderful playmates.

What a sweet protector Boomer is! He and Austin are going to be a real dynamic duo!