PDA

View Full Version : The yummy dinner we had

sirrahved
09-13-2007, 07:59 PM
It was so super good, I just had to post about it.

I took chicken quarters and chunked onions and potatoes. Sprinkled on some mesquite seasonings and Red Robin. Then I poured a bottle of our homemade soda (made with apples, raisins, cinnamon, and cloves) and poured it over. Covered it with foil, and baked. I then took out the onions and potatoes, put the juices into a pan and made gravy, and broiled the chicken quarters.

We had peaches, too. Not a very exciting part of the meal.

The meal was so perfect for the fall feeling.

Hellow
09-13-2007, 08:00 PM
MMMMMMMM! You are making ME hungry!

Sirrahsim
09-13-2007, 08:05 PM
Wow... Have any leftovers? ;) :) That sounds fabulous!
Two questions that I must know:
What is Red Robin?
How do you make your own soda??

I think that I may have to make something like that!!

sirrahved
09-13-2007, 08:15 PM
1) Red Robin seasoning salt. From the Red Robin burger place.
2) We checked out a book from the library called Homemade Root Beer, Soda, and Pop. It was a recipe that just used wild yeast. You let it sit, covered with cheesecloth, for about a week before bottling. It carbonates itself just like homemade beer.

Leftovers? Remember who your brother is?

Sirrahsim
09-13-2007, 08:19 PM
Leftovers? Remember who your brother is?

I can hope :p :D
That sounds fabulous. I'm definately going to have to make a trip to the library!

jennielynn1970
09-13-2007, 10:41 PM
Oooh... that sounds so good!!! Will definitely have to check out the home made soda stuff too (your combination of ingredients sounds really tasty!) :D

Sevaede
09-14-2007, 02:17 AM
Sounds good. :D

I am gonna go root up the What Did You Have For Dinner thread. :D I am itching to post my latest making. :D

sirrahbed
09-15-2007, 10:51 AM
That does sound yummy Devon!! I bet your homemade soda would also turn out a terrific potroast!!