PDA

View Full Version : I time traveled yesterday.

RICHARD
09-12-2007, 05:14 PM
Really!

I was in a parking lot in Torrance when I heard this rumbling auto pull up next to where I was standing.

The car was a red and white mid fifties Bel Air station wagon.
It was about 90 percent original and was in GREAT condition.
The gal driving told us that the car 'lived' on a naval base in San Diego and was apparently passed down by sailors who bought it for cheap transportation while they did time on the base. This car still had the original upholstery in it-it was rather worn but I did recognize it from the Bel Air my our family owned.

I did a little walk around the front of the car.......then it was time to come back to the 21st century.

:D

Dorothy39
09-14-2007, 10:24 PM
WOW!!!!

Isn't it great to "See" those classic beauties come into a parking lot all over again. Talk about taking A Sentimental Journey!!! Complete with the original upholstery too ~ So worn and So real.

I'm glad you got to see that too :D

Twisterdog
09-14-2007, 10:26 PM
My ex and I used to have a 1955 Bel Air. Of course, he took it. LOL

Catsnclay
09-14-2007, 10:51 PM
Wow, that brings me way back to high school, when my boyfriend at the time rebuilt a '57 Chevy Belair.

That was in the 1970's then, but everytime I see a '57 Chevy, I think of Butch and HS.

Ah....... sweet memories. Pooling our quarters together to buy gas so we could cruise Central Avenue and be seen and see all the other hot rods!! :cool: