PDA

View Full Version : This is neat.....puts things into perspective.

NoahsMommy
08-01-2002, 12:15 PM
This is a neat link...

Interesting (http://www.whoohoo.net/worldturns/)

Former User
08-01-2002, 12:21 PM
Wow, that was touching, and I learnt a lot! Thanx for sharing, Kelly.
Too often we take things granted, when they are not!

zippy-kat
08-01-2002, 12:30 PM
all I can say is WOW!

Fuzzy317
08-01-2002, 12:33 PM
I think I have seen something like that before, but the numbers still amaze me :eek:

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-01-2002, 01:05 PM
It shut my computer down, so I don't know what it is because I'm afraid to try again. I hate having to wait for it to do it's thing to re-boot. :rolleyes: :mad:

DoggiesAreTheBest
08-01-2002, 02:02 PM
Thank you for sharing.

Paul
08-01-2002, 02:32 PM
   I would quibble with the statistics, however, the message that those with adequate food and shelter should consider themselves blessed is an excellent message.

A friend of mine corresponds with people via the Internet in a simple village in Nicaragua. There is one computer in a church which many people use to communicate with friends around the world. He described their problems keeping the computer running. I was surprised to learn that the element they were worried about was sand. The village is covered with a sand ash mixture from a nearby volcano (dust/sand/dirt/volcanic ash). They had electricity and a telephone line however, the church has no glass windows so the sand blows around and ends up getting into the computer. From one of his visits he showed me photos of the very basic homes in the village. Not one of them had a glass window. I am very thankful to have glass windows.

Paul

moosmom
08-01-2002, 02:51 PM
Double WOW!!!