PDA

View Full Version : A little prayer for Vela's Soda

K9soul
09-12-2007, 06:33 AM
Vela's little Soda goes in to be spayed today. Like many of us Vela is one nervous mommy and it will be a difficult day until she learns Soda has made it through okay, and lonely as Soda spends her first night away from her home and family. I will not be around today to comfort her as I am moving and traveling to Illinois today, so I wanted to offer up a little prayer here and ask others who may read this to say a little prayer or send a good thought her way. Thank you :).

God, please watch over Soda and guide the vet today to do the best job possible, and deliver her safely back to her family's loving arms as soon as possible.

WELOVESPUPPIES
09-12-2007, 06:45 AM
God, please watch over Soda and guide the vet today to do the best job possible, and deliver her safely back to her family's loving arms as soon as possible.

AMEN.

kimlovescats
09-12-2007, 06:51 AM
Prayers for Soda! She'll do fine! ;)

anna_66
09-12-2007, 07:23 AM
I'll be keeping sweet Soda in my thoughts and prayers today.

Daisy and Delilah
09-12-2007, 07:35 AM
Thoughts and prayers going out to you, Vela, Soda, and family. Hugs and kisses to that adorable girl from us when she gets home. :)

You'll do just great, little girl :)

cyber-sibes
09-12-2007, 07:56 AM
:) Sending thoughts of blessings to Soda, Vela, and you as you travel.

cassiesmom
09-12-2007, 11:09 AM
God, please watch over Soda and guide the vet today to do the best job possible, and deliver her safely back to her family's loving arms as soon as possible.amen

elizabethann
09-12-2007, 11:27 AM
I'll be thinking of that cutie pie today. All will be okay.

Vela
09-12-2007, 12:14 PM
Aww thanks Jess, that was really sweet of you to post. Thank you all as well for the thoughts. Just got back from dropping her off and I feel horrid. She was so NOT happy to go away with the vet tech and I know she's sitting there wondering what the heck is going on because she's all alone in a cage with no clue. Once she goes under for surgery, she will mostly be okay after that because she'll be groggy, but until then I know she's fretting and that makes me feel horrid. I'm just worried and I want her home.

JenBKR
09-12-2007, 12:19 PM
Prayers for Soda and ((((hugs)))) for you Vela.

Logan
09-12-2007, 12:48 PM
Best wishes for Soda!! I hope everything goes smoothly and she will be home and recuperating in your care soon.

Logan

luvofallhorses
09-12-2007, 12:55 PM
I hope everything goes well! :) She'll be back in your arms in no time, Vela! :) (((hugs)))

cassiesmom
09-12-2007, 01:24 PM
Just a question for Vela, how long will she stay at the office? (Will you be bringing her home yet today?)

Hugs
Elyse

Anita Cholaine
09-12-2007, 04:46 PM
Positive vibes on the way for Soda :) I bet she'll be back with you and happy in no time! (((HUGS)))

ramanth
09-12-2007, 05:12 PM
Wishing you well Soda!

Vela
09-12-2007, 05:42 PM
I just called and at 4:45 pm my time they havent DONE her surgery yet. I'm really upset at the moment and I won't even know if she's okay until tomorrow if they happen to forget to call me back once they turn off their office phones, I can't all them =( They said they will still do it today and won't leave her until they are sure she wakes up all the way but that somehow doesn't make me feel any better at ALL.

RobiLee
09-12-2007, 05:56 PM
OH, I hate to hear that kind of news. So sorry that you have to go through that, Vela. I've said a prayer for you and Soda both. She's going to be just fine. Try not to worry too much, mom. I know that is easier said than done.

{{HUGS}}

caseysmom
09-12-2007, 07:19 PM
If they are going to leave her alone I would feel better taking her home. I am sure she will be fine but that would tick me off too.

WELOVESPUPPIES
09-12-2007, 07:23 PM
Poor Soda, going all day with an empty belly, in a vets office in a yucky cage all alone. Shame, shame on you vet for not doing her surgery first thing!! You deserve a doggy bite right on the butt.

I would be quite furious and annoyed myself! Hugs and Kisses to you Soda Sweetie pie.

dukedogsmom
09-12-2007, 07:31 PM
Oh dear. I'd be highly angry right now. And whoever heard of a vet not having an answering service? I can't believe they just turn off their phones. After this is over, can you find a better vet, one that won't leave you wondering like that and you can communicate with after hours? I'm sorry something that should have been simple is turning out so complicated. Poor Soda. I know you must feel horrible. Try not to, it's not your fault.

Vela
09-12-2007, 09:55 PM
Well it's 9 p.m., I know nothing about my baby. I have NO idea what is going on with her. I am so furious, upset, anxious, near tears. I can't even think straight. I have never had this happen at this vet, but it is high time to find a new one. I don't even have words to express how I feel. I have to spend all night not even knowing if they are watching her or taking care of her or if she's okay. I am just sick. I know some might think im overreacting but this is my baby, she's just like my kid, I wouldn't leave my kid alone in a hospital with strangers and not even know if they woke up from surgery.

chocolatepuppy
09-12-2007, 10:25 PM
I'm so sorry you have to go through this Vela. :( This is why I'm glad my vets send dogs/cats home the same day. I'm sure little Soda will be ok. I know that doesn't help your worry and you are not overreacting, I would be furious that they didn't at least call. I will keep Soda and you in my thoughts and prayers tonight. {{{hugs}}}

Taz_Zoee
09-12-2007, 10:25 PM
I absolutely do not think you are over reacting. I would be a mess too. That is NOT okay!!! :mad: I would probably be on the door step first thing in the morning. In my house our animals ARE our "kids". While I am sure Soda is fine, I can understand your anger and worry. It's the not knowing that is the worst.
Hang in there.

wolf_Q
09-12-2007, 10:37 PM
Poor you and poor Soda. :( I'd be really frustrated too. When Keva was spayed the vet said they'd call when she was out of surgery, but they didn't call me either. Luckily though they didn't require an overnight stay or anything so I was able to call later and pick her up before they closed. I'm sure Soda is just fine, I'll be looking forward to seeing an update tomorrow when you get her home!

CathyBogart
09-12-2007, 10:38 PM
WHAT?! They can't take five minutes after she's recovered from anesthesia to CALL YOU!? That is beyond absurd. I would be absolutely fuming.

cyber-sibes
09-12-2007, 11:07 PM
:( Saying another prayer for Soda, & for you. That's just plain unprofessional.

caseysmom
09-13-2007, 12:00 AM
I would break in,,,,or at least feel like it.

cassiesmom
09-13-2007, 10:15 AM
:( Saying another prayer for Soda, & for you. That's just plain unprofessional.

I am just here this morning to check for an update and mad that they would not follow up with you in the evening. I was thinking the same as Cyber-sibes, downright unprofessional.

Vela
09-13-2007, 12:10 PM
I just got back home with her, she's full of WAY too much energy. Heh. I gave them several pieces of my mind and told them how unnecessary that was not to at least CALL me and tell me she was okay. I won't be going back there. Thanks for all of the well wishes guys, they are appreciated.

WELOVESPUPPIES
09-13-2007, 12:14 PM
I just got back home with her, she's full of WAY too much energy. Heh. I gave them several pieces of my mind and told them how unnecessary that was not to at least CALL me and tell me she was okay. I won't be going back there. Thanks for all of the well wishes guys, they are appreciated.

Glad to her she is good. I can only imaging the energy that boxer pup stores being in a small kennel all that time. Did you kick them in the butt!!!! I definitely would not use them again either. That is very disrespectful of them to not consider how worried you would be and down right unprofessional!!

CathyBogart
09-13-2007, 12:17 PM
YAY, she's home!!

pitc9
09-13-2007, 12:18 PM
I'm SO glad to hear she's home. You were not overreacting at ALL!

Ginger's Mom
09-13-2007, 12:36 PM
I am glad to hear that she is home and at least feels well enough to be a bouncy pup. I, too, would have been furious and worried sick if I could not get some sort of update on pup after surgery.

Anita Cholaine
09-13-2007, 12:39 PM
I'm so glad to know she home!
I can't believe they did not even call you, that's totally unprofesional. I'm sure I would have been as upset as you.

Sevaede
09-13-2007, 01:30 PM
Woo woo! :D You tell 'em girl! ;) :D And welcome home Soda!

cassiesmom
09-13-2007, 03:54 PM
I just got back home with her, she's full of WAY too much energy.

Yay! Welcome home, sweet miss Soda! *pet for recuperating girl*

chocolatepuppy
09-13-2007, 04:24 PM
Happy to hear you're home Soda! :D

Daisy and Delilah
09-13-2007, 08:35 PM
Great news!! I would have been a raving lunatic if one of my girls was at the vet and no one contacted me. That seems pretty normal for everyone here :) Kisses to that sweet doll baby from us please :D

dukedogsmom
09-13-2007, 09:10 PM
So glad she's home and doing well! I'm glad you "informed" your vet of your feelings. I hope you can find a much better vet for any future needs.

Kfamr
09-14-2007, 01:32 PM
Glad little Soda is home and doing well. I saw this thread when it first started but hadn't gotten a chance to reply, sorry about that. But she was in my thoughts. ;)

I'm sure she's a bouncing baby Boxer and doesn't even notice the zipper they put in!

wolf_Q
09-14-2007, 11:06 PM
I'm so glad to hear Soda is back and doing well! :)