PDA

View Full Version : Dear God -- Harry's missing!!!

catnapper
09-11-2007, 09:28 PM
I came home tonight and took care of Pouncer, then Tuscan, then back up to Pouncer. By the time I finally got around to my nightly treats with the rest of the gang, well its late. I called them all.... everyone showed up but Harry. I searched the house top to bottom then bottom to top and back down again. He's NOT here. I shook the treats and dished out wet food. He's nowhere. Not in closet, under bed, in cubbyholes. I don't know WHERE he is and can't think of when I last saw him, except late last night. I even went outside... its been raining something fierce all day and its just wet out there (not raining at the moment)

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, Harry where ARE you? :(

Scooter's Mom
09-11-2007, 09:34 PM
Saying prayers that Harry is found, safe and fast. Harry, stop scaring everyone and come out of your hidey hole.

RedHedd
09-11-2007, 09:38 PM
Oh no! Harry! Come home! Prayers going out that he's safe.

Catty1
09-11-2007, 09:38 PM
Oh, NO! Kim, I hope he is just being silly and hiding where no one can find him!!!

If it is raining, he'll be under a deck or something...is hubby there to help you look?

COME HOME HARRY!

PT Prayers, and we need a major Pet Angel Squad from Gary!

Queen of Poop
09-11-2007, 10:04 PM
Harry, Harry, come out come out from wherever you are. You're stressing your mommie and me! Come on sweetie pie. Don't make me have to ask Sasha to find you!!!

catnapper
09-11-2007, 10:04 PM
Ok, I found him -- it didn't take too long after I posted. PT prayers work FAST!

I have NO IDEA how I noticed him, nor do I know HOW he got where I found him.

Ready for this one? He was OUTSIDE the attic window on a teeny tiny ledge with the screen down. The ONLY way onto the ledge is through an open window. Of course nobody has a clue how he got there and nobody opened the window and closed the screen.

The red arrow shows the window he was found outside of. He was on the window ledge, not the large area just below it with the rusty flashing.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/kasdesign/House.jpg

How on earth did he get there? I don't believe he has mastered the art of teleportation. Someone left the window open..... and recently. He was bone dry. Like I said, its been raining all day, and if he was outside for any length of time he would have been wet. Do you buy that nobody opened the window? :rolleyes:

I'm just glad my boy is safe and sound... and found.

Catty1
09-11-2007, 10:07 PM
YAAAY! :)

Do you think Harry just likes to mess with human's minds????

Silly boy...that is weird how it happened...

AbbyMom
09-11-2007, 10:09 PM
OMG! Heart attack time! I can't believe you actually found him out there. He could have been stuck out there for a while!

Thank God you found him!

kimlovescats
09-11-2007, 10:16 PM
Oh KIM, I'm so happy you found him!!!! I have always loved your little Harry! Please give him a kissie from me please!!! Do you think Cam opened that window??? :rolleyes:

DJFyrewolf36
09-11-2007, 10:50 PM
I just saw this, and I am SO glad Harry has been found! Maybe he did teleport out there. Cats can do that you know ;)

Karen
09-11-2007, 10:57 PM
Someone may have opened the window - or maybe not. Did you notice if the screen was firmly in its casing? He might have (being not-anorexic) been able to push the screen out to get out, but not able, of course to push back in!

catnapper
09-11-2007, 11:07 PM
Karen, I wish it were that easy. Those are new(ish) replacement windows. The screen worked perfectly when I raised it to bring him in. I even went back up to re-inspect the window. I thought maybe he jumped from the top of the window onto the ledge -- its the kind of tilt-in windows that both windows slide up and down. But nope, there wasn't so much as a crack at the top of the window. The screen was solid and on the track as it should be. Someone opened that window and won't admit it. I'm sure its something as stupid like they had a can of soda and didn't feel like going downstairs to pour the soda down the sink so they opened the window and poured it outside. :rolleyes: Still... why not tell me?

krazyaboutkatz
09-12-2007, 12:41 AM
How scary.:eek: I'm so glad to hear that Harry was found and is now back inside with his family where he belongs.:)

jenluckenbach
09-12-2007, 05:28 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek: Heart failure!! I am so glad that you found him so fast, though.

Medusa
09-12-2007, 07:10 AM
Well, I guess his name should be Harry Houdini, huh? Glad you found him, though. That was scary.

Freedom
09-12-2007, 07:22 AM
Goodness a double scare. First not finding him, then WHERE he hows up!

Ah Harry, best to stay inside where there is NO rain!

Glad this all worked out!

jazzcat
09-12-2007, 09:18 AM
Well I'm glad this mystery was solved quickly. I was starting to panic as I read your first post and was thankful to see there was a good update just a few posts down. Whew!

Sounds like A&P Detective Agency needs to check into the opened window case. Of course, who can fill in for Pouncer who probably isn't ready to take on such a job quite yet.

catmandu
09-12-2007, 09:49 AM
We Knew That Harry Would Not Be Lost For Long As The Pet Angel Search And Rescue Squad Is In New Orleans And No Pet Is Going To Stay Lost For Long With Shrimp And Lobster Casserole Wafting In His Nose, And Harrys Certainly No Exception.

They Are Glad That The Meowmie And Harry Reunion Was So Quick!!!

moosmom
09-12-2007, 09:55 AM
Kim,

I am so glad you found Harry. How scarey that must've been for both of you. Mollie Rose has a tendency to hide in places you would never THINK of looking. Would I buy anyone's alibis?? Hell no.

mike001
09-12-2007, 09:58 AM
That was weird. When I read the title of the thread I immediately thought "Prince Harry" was missing.
Glad your cat decided to come home though, that sounds mischeivious.