PDA

View Full Version : One Year

Kfamr
09-10-2007, 10:07 PM
Tomorrow (9/11/2007) marks the anniversary of the most dreadful week in my life.
Here's the thread where I announced it to Pet Talk:
Kiki is missing (http://www.petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=112699)
and the happiest day in my life...
Kiki Is Home!!! (http://www.petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=112965)

Knowing your baby is out there all alone is one of the scariest thoughts ever. Not knowing if she is hurt, killed, or in someone's care or the hurt I feel when she's spooked by the simplest things. It's something I wouldn't wish upon anyone.

I am tempted to lock her up with padlocks and chains tomorrow. She means so much to my family and I and we are so grateful to have her home again today.

Almost daily I still check and make sure she is home, I call her to make sure she is there. There are still days where I cry thinking about her being gone and have flashbacks of her missing. When I am away from home I sometimes want to race home just to make sure she is still there.

We have come a long way, the both of us, but there still is that bit of trust that was broken.

I was telling my friend about the whole situation last night, detail for detail, as I didn't know him when it happened. The both of us broke down into tears. Sometimes I just cry looking at her pictures because I love her so much and so many "what ifs" fall into thought. She really truly is an amazing animal and I am so blessed to have her in my life.

http://petevents.com/~simba/kikianniversary1.jpg

http://petevents.com/~simba/kikianniversary2.jpg

And please, if you haven't already - read Kiara's story. I learned from my mistake and I hope Kiara and I can stop others from making the same mistake.
Kiara's Story - Please read & keep this as a reminder... (http://www.petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=124192)

We will celebrate Kiara's homecoming as well as the day I made Mufasa's birthday this Sunday - September 16th, 2007.

wolf_Q
09-10-2007, 10:14 PM
Wow, I can't believe it's been a year already! That was such a scary time for all of us, especially you of course...I know Kiara means the world to you. I'm so glad she's home with you where she belongs. :)

Bengalz
09-10-2007, 10:20 PM
Kay we all have had to learn hard lessons. Thank goodness your Kiara came back safely :) She is truly a special girl and she is where she should be - with you surrounded by love :)

We all need to give our babies an extra hug tomorrow to celebrate KiKi's homecoming :D

chocolatepuppy
09-11-2007, 06:24 AM
I remember those 5 days all too well. How worried everyone was for Kiara. :( I don't know how you held up Kay. That has to be most peoples worst nightmare, a pet missing. Thank God you got her back. Please give pretty Kiara a big hug from me. :)

Freedom
09-11-2007, 07:46 AM
You got her back, safe and sound. Smile!! Do a happy dance!!! Relief! What a beautiful girl she is.

I've had a pet missing as well and the feeling is so terrible. Just having her sighted must have given you such hope.

Vela
09-11-2007, 07:48 AM
Wow, hard to beleive it's been a whole year already, that went by so fast. I remember it like it was yesterday. I'm SOOOO glad she was found and is home safe now.

cyber-sibes
09-11-2007, 08:52 AM
What a beautiful picture of you & Kiara, Kay. Yes, it's hard to believe it's already a year. Seems like a few PT pups were "lost" for a while last year (Glacier's Delta), and God's ear must have been full of PT prayers for their safe return! Ki is such an amazing girl, I'm so glad I've met her a couple of times, even if it was on dry land - I'd love to see her in action in the water one of these days. Give your girl an extra hug from our pack!

That's going to be quite a party for two favorite PT pups Ki & Moo!

4 Dog Mother
09-11-2007, 09:05 AM
It is hard NOT to remember the days when Kiara was missing. She is a very special dog and your continued reports and pictures of her and the others make her a very well known and loved pet to all of us on Pet Talk. To have her lost was like having one of our own lost - I can imagine that more people checked in more often than normal in hopes that there was good news. And we all had great big smiles and sighs of relief when we read that she was home. What a relief!

Kiara is a beautiful dog and that picture of you and she together is very beautiful. I hope you have it framed and hung some place special!

pitc9
09-11-2007, 09:21 AM
I'll never forget the day she went missing, I felt like one of my own were missing as well.
{{{HUGS}}} to you.

cassiesmom
09-11-2007, 09:37 AM
Dear Sweet Miss Kiki Dee, WELCOME HOME! ((hugs)) Please stay close to your momma today, and let her give you loads of petting.

caseysmom
09-11-2007, 10:40 AM
I'll never forget your post about your Dad bringing her home, he ranks real high in my book now, give Dad a big hug. That was the worst week ever.

cloverfdx
09-11-2007, 11:54 AM
Oh my has it been one year already :eek:. That photo of you and Kiki is just gorgeous Kay.

mike001
09-11-2007, 12:06 PM
KFAMR---I must have missed your first post when Kiki went missing. But I just read it now. That was very sad but at least the ending has me smiling.
I'm glad I read your post, as you said, you just never know. Will keep us on our toes for sure.

*LabLoverKEB*
09-11-2007, 12:51 PM
Wow, 1 year already?? :eek: Kay, I am still very, very glad that Kiara is home. She's such a beautiful girl.

Daisy and Delilah
09-11-2007, 01:08 PM
Wonderful pictures, Kay. Please give that girl 100 extra kisses from me to celebrate the fact that she's home with her loving Mom!! :)

Husky_mom
09-11-2007, 01:19 PM
That year was really full of stress and PT prayers...... Delta and then Kiki.....

but even you think back and get teary abou all the what if´s..... I think there must be more teary eyes due to the happiness that she´s back home..... not everyone´s case..... and we all share that hapiness with you...

she sure is a very special pup and oved by many... ((hugs)) to you both

Tollers-n-Dobes
09-11-2007, 03:25 PM
It's hard to believe it's been a year already. This time last year was a terrible time for all of us, and especially you and Ki. I'm so glad she made her way back home.

chocolatepuppy
09-11-2007, 03:38 PM
Just wanted to add Kay, Kiara going missing is the reason I got Layla microchipped. ;)

Ginger's Mom
09-11-2007, 03:42 PM
What a beautiful, happy, smiling face to find upon opening this thread. Kiara, we are all so happy you are home where you belong and safe once again.

Jadapit
09-11-2007, 04:20 PM
Ki. you truly are a beautiful girl! I'm so thankful you are home where you belong. :)

vinjashira
09-11-2007, 04:23 PM
I remember, but can hardly believe that it has almost been a year. I remember how us PTer shared your devastation when she left and shared your joy when she was back again. I love happy endings http://www.petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/smile.gif

And Mufasa as well.. can't believe your little man is almost one year old now.

lute
09-11-2007, 05:28 PM
WOW! I can't belive it's been a year already! We are all still so happy Kiara is home!

CathyBogart
09-11-2007, 10:40 PM
Was that really only five days?! It felt like forever. Dear Kiki, I'm so glad you've decided to stay closer to home!

kimlovescats
09-12-2007, 06:33 AM
It was a dreadful time for sure, but thank God she is back home, safe and sound!

K9soul
09-12-2007, 06:34 AM
Please give her some extra kisses from me today Kay. Hugs to you too.

Danegirl2208
09-12-2007, 05:42 PM
Wow, I can't believe it's been a year. I'm so glad she found her way back into your arms. She is SUCH a lovely girl, and I can see how she brings you so much joy. I can't even imagine losing one of my babies, I can only just imagine what you went through for that week.

Chilli
09-12-2007, 05:54 PM
Crazy.. it doesn't seem like it happened a whole year ago.
I love that you & Kiara were reunited; it shows that not all things have to end in a tragedy.
Give Kiara an extra hug from me! :)

RobiLee
09-12-2007, 06:00 PM
It is hard NOT to remember the days when Kiara was missing. She is a very special dog and your continued reports and pictures of her and the others make her a very well known and loved pet to all of us on Pet Talk. To have her lost was like having one of our own lost - I can imagine that more people checked in more often than normal in hopes that there was good news. And we all had great big smiles and sighs of relief when we read that she was home. What a relief!

Kiara is a beautiful dog and that picture of you and she together is very beautiful. I hope you have it framed and hung some place special!

I couldn't have said it any better than Diana did. What a scary time. I don't think any of us will forget it.

{{{HUGS FOR YOU AND ALL THE FURKIDS}}}