PDA

View Full Version : Man accused of Trying to Bury a Horse Alive!!

critter crazy
09-10-2007, 04:42 PM
Man Accused Of Trying To Bury Horse Alive

Worker Calls Police, Says Homeowner Made Strange Request

SANFORD, Fla. -- A homeowner in Seminole County, Fla., faces possible animal abuse charges over accusations he asked a construction worker to bury his horse in a grave while it was still alive.

Sheriff's deputies were called to a home in Sanford Friday after a construction worker called to report that he was asked to use a tractor to dig a hole for a horse on a nearby property.

The construction worker said he refused to help the homeowner and called for help after he realized the owner wanted him to bury the horse alive.

"The owner or caregiver of the animal requested that he put dirt on top of the animal while it was still alive," Seminole County sheriff's Lt. Dennis Lemma said. "They saw a horse that was obviously sick, lying in a shallow grave in direct sunlight without food or water. It couldn't get up. It is an alarming situation."

Officers snapped several photos of what they believe to be animal abuse and neglect, including several of the animal lying in a shallow grave.

Deputies called animal control officers to the house, who then were forced to euthanize the animal, they said.

"We believe there was some kind of respiratory problem and colic," Lemma said.

The state attorney's office will determine if the owner will be charged with animal neglect, which is a second-degree misdemeanor.

Watch Local 6 News for more on this story.

"The owner or caregiver of the animal requested that he put dirt on top of the animal while it was still alive," Seminole County sheriff's Lt. Dennis Lemma said. "They saw a horse that was obviously sick, lying in a shallow grave in direct sunlight without food or water. It couldn't get up. It is an alarming situation."

Officers snapped several photos of what they believe to be animal abuse and neglect, including several of the animal lying in a shallow grave.

Deputies called animal control officers to the house, who then were forced to euthanize the animal, they said.

"We believe there was some kind of respiratory problem and colic," Lemma said.

The state attorney's office will determine if the owner will be charged with animal neglect, which is a second-degree misdemeanor.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c131/mjones77/14072889.jpg

http://www.local6.com/news/14072865/detail.html

jackie
09-10-2007, 05:46 PM
What the heck is wrong with people???

DrKym
09-10-2007, 05:50 PM
Omg

mike001
09-10-2007, 07:11 PM
Being a horse lover I don't even want to think of such cruelty from an obviously demented individual.

G535
09-11-2007, 01:28 AM
Being a horse lover I don't even want to think of such cruelty from an obviously demented individual.

Same here, I can't believe someone could even think of doing something like that.

pitc9
09-12-2007, 01:54 PM
:eek:

Rest easy now horse.

KittyGurl
09-13-2007, 10:14 AM
I swear! People have PROBLEMS! What in the world were they thinkiing!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

HorseDreamer101
09-13-2007, 10:39 AM
That man is lucky I was not there to talk to him about that poor horse
or I would of bury him a live!!! :mad: :mad:
I swear I dont get people sometimes!!! :mad:
Whats the point of getting a pet if you are not going to
take care of it?

Catty1
09-13-2007, 11:07 AM
I tried to find an update on this, but didn't yet.... :(

Sevaede
09-13-2007, 02:45 PM