PDA

View Full Version : Chip Implants Linked to Animal Tumors

doolittleky
09-10-2007, 02:09 PM
http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/wireStory?id=3575737

I found this story while looking for currents events for the kids to do at work.

lvpets2002
09-10-2007, 04:47 PM
:( Oh thats just great.. I just had all my babies microchipped this year.. But hey my babies chips did not look like the one they are showing.. Keep us noted..

catmandu
09-10-2007, 05:26 PM
Oh My God, The Things That They Tell Us To Do For Our Cats Sake Could Hurt Them?
I Know Taht The Animal Welfare Micro Chips Thier Cats I Will Have To Pass This On.

Catlady711
09-10-2007, 10:44 PM
If I understand the article correctly, they are talking about the sarcomas. Those are the same ones they are trying to link to vaccinations. And from what I've heard from other vets, techs, those sarcomas can be caused by ANY needle poke whether filled with sterile water, vaccinations or microchips or just even appear by themselves randomly.

I think some people are getting overly paranoid about many coincidences. I can't count the number of microchipped pets (several hundered at least) we have at the hospital, many of them chipped years before I started working there, and not one single one has ever had any type of sarcoma even remotely related to a microchip.

DJFyrewolf36
09-10-2007, 11:16 PM
Also, its my understanding that the chips arent the same type as used in pets, its the type of chip that has been concidered for use in humans. (a scary thought by itself IMO) I think more research has to be done before this can be concidered any more than coicidental. I wouldn't go removing my pets microchips over this information, especially concidering that the study was done over 10 years ago.