PDA

View Full Version : On the leash again...

caffeitina
09-10-2007, 11:21 AM
Still trying to train the kitties on the leash

Howard is still a Coward

caffeitina
09-10-2007, 11:23 AM
Luna has a love/hate relationship with the leash...and with those hoomans who strapped her into it

jazzcat
09-10-2007, 12:07 PM
Looks like they are getting used to it, well, not so sure from the look on Luna's face, LOL. Good luck!

kimlovescats
09-10-2007, 12:12 PM
They are both so precious!!! Are you wanting to walk them or just be able to allow them outdoors safely? Just remember that if they are leashed by themselves outdoors, they are targets for big dogs, etc. I'm sure you've thought about that though! ;)

caffeitina
09-10-2007, 01:51 PM
Looks like they are getting used to it, well, not so sure from the look on Luna's face, LOL. Good luck!

I know. She was giving us that "I hate you" look the whole time....but then she absolutely loved being outside and cried and cried and cried when we brought her in. I don't know about that little girl someimes :rolleyes: As for Howard...he just gets overwhelmed, I think.

Freedom
09-10-2007, 03:24 PM
Those 2 shots of Howard with the mums in bloom are great -- the color brings out his Royal Greyness! Luna, can't be happy either side of the door! :rolleyes:

caffeitina
09-10-2007, 06:13 PM
Luna, can't be happy either side of the door! :rolleyes:

Isn't that the truth!!! She's my pampered little princess, that Luna Cat. She cried loudly when we were outside with Howard, but once she was outside she got all bratty. I think it's the confinement of the leash she doesn't like, not being outside. But I don't trust that cat NOT to bolt, so there's no way I'd ever just let her out.

catmandu
09-10-2007, 06:32 PM
I gave up when Bo Bo ran as hard as she could and literally pulled the metal base right out of the lawn , then shredded the leash and ran into the next yard A Howling Mad Meezer!
I have never tried that since. Good luck with training Your Companion Cats!!!

caffeitina
09-10-2007, 07:35 PM
I gave up when Bo Bo ran as hard as she could and literally pulled the metal base right out of the lawn , then shredded the leash and ran into the next yard A Howling Mad Meezer!
I have never tried that since. Good luck with training Your Companion Cats!!!

Oh-oh...Luna's a Meezer...and last time I put her in the harnass/leash combo (strapped in nice and secure, by the way), the little Houdini did this wierd little flip/roll move and managed to free both her legs. Like I said, I don't trust that cat. From now on she's under strict supervision.

Thanks for the good luck. :D I'm not really trying to train them to walk. I just want them to be able to go outdoors safely without risking the chance they'll run into the street or run away and get in trouble. And naturally, one or both of us us always outside with them.