PDA

View Full Version : Update on Samantha - vet visit

Vermontcat
09-09-2007, 03:15 PM
I know it has been a while since I have posted any photos of Samantha, so here is a good update on her. :)
She is 19 years old now and is still going strong.
I took her to the vet for a check up this week for a few minor things and the good news is she is doing great for a cat her age! :)
She has lost her hearing and she is starting to get cataracts in both her eyes so her vision isn't very good.
But her lungs and heart are very strong and healthy.
You should have heard her growling and hissing at the vet and she said a lot of kitty swear words when she got all her nails trimmed. :eek:
She has lost weight, she is down to 10 1/2 pounds now but is still eating and drinking well.
Other than some eye ointment for a week and adding some fish oil to her diet she is just fine.
I asked the vet if she had any other cat patients as old as her and she said no, Samantha is the oldest and she sure is a fighter.
Her own cat lived to be 19 but she had to force feed her and she didn't look as good as Samantha does at 19.
She said she did remember one persian cat patient that lived to be 21 who was really spoiled.
Basically her advice was to keep spoiling Samantha like I have been and enjoy the time I have with her because she is doing just fine. :)
Here is a recent photo of my sweet Samantha.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v103/vtcat/pets/samlay7.jpg
I hope to catch up and post more photos of her later today or later this week.

Grace
09-09-2007, 03:33 PM
BRAVO for Miss Samantha http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/March16th/WE.gif

Barbara
09-09-2007, 03:41 PM
Filou and Tigris say they also want fish oil with their diet and they think it is a good thing to get it ;)
All best wishes for our grand old lady Samantha :)

Karen
09-09-2007, 03:42 PM
Good job, Miss Samantha. And being newly a little svelter looks fine on you, one of our favorite cow-spotted kitties!

orangemm
09-09-2007, 03:55 PM
Sweet Samantha, you are truly a lovely old lady. It's wonderful reading about you and your continued good health. Am happy to hear you are feisty!!! Way to go, Samantha!

And, you are still looking good!! Just keep on keepin' on. :) ;)

kimlovescats
09-09-2007, 04:26 PM
Well, Samantha, you know how much I love you!!! I couldn't be happier that you got such a wonderful report from your check-up! You keep going strong sweet girl!!!!

Love,
Auntie Kim :)

catmandu
09-09-2007, 04:27 PM
Fish Oil Ceratinly Is Not A Bad Idea For Older Cats And I Am Buying More Kippers And Quality Sardines For My Princess, Bo Bo , Michael And Jsoeph To See If That Helps.

I Am Praying That They Are Is As Fine A Shape As Samantha When Thier 19 Th Purrthday Rolls Around.

Felicia's Mom
09-09-2007, 04:52 PM
I am glad Samantha's vet visit was good. I hope to see her pictures!

Donnaj4962
09-09-2007, 05:06 PM
Great news about Samantha's vet visit! She is sure a beauty!

jennielynn1970
09-09-2007, 07:50 PM
Awe... Samantha looks great for 19yrs of age! Glad her visit at the vet went well. Hugs and scritchies for sweet Samantha!!

catnapper
09-09-2007, 09:10 PM
Samantha Dah-Ling! You look simply divine! Your meowmie really must talk to us about you more often, so please tell her that the spoiling part includes lots of photoshoots ;)

krazyaboutkatz
09-10-2007, 12:44 AM
I'm so glad to hear that Samantha is doing well.:) I hope that she'll have many more happy and healthy years ahead of her.:)

Killearn Kitties
09-10-2007, 03:38 AM
Beautiful Samantha, it always warms the heart to read about how well you are dong. :D I hope you have lots of healthy time left in you.

jazzcat
09-10-2007, 11:51 AM
Oh beautiful Samantha! I'm so glad to know you are doing so well. I think your meowmie needs to share your magic tricks and tips for such a long healthy life. ;)

Vermontcat
09-10-2007, 08:42 PM
Thank you all for the nice replies. :)
Samantha is also happy that since she lost some weight, she doesn't need to eat diet food anymore and she gets to enjoy more cat treats now too.
She just loves her salmon flavored cat treats. :)
I will post a new thread with some photos of her in a little while.

wolf_Q
09-10-2007, 08:47 PM
I'm glad to hear Samantha is doing well. She's a beautiful cat, and she looks great for her age. :)

shais_mom
09-10-2007, 11:12 PM
give that beautiful girl a gentle hug from me! :D

ChrisH
09-12-2007, 05:50 AM
Oh, I'm so happy to read that good vet report. :D :D Sending gentle hugs and big kisses to your beautiful Samantha girl.

Sonia59
09-12-2007, 07:33 AM
Dear Samantha, I am glad to hear you are doing so well. Gentle kisses to you :)