PDA

View Full Version : continuing the weight loss thread....

carole
09-09-2007, 01:39 AM
I just wanted to start this thread again, as at long last after so much struggling i have something good to report, i have managed to shed half a stone now, and i am thrilled to bits, i went into the city today and tried on a few clothes, it was very inspiring ,just loosing that amount has made such a difference to how i look and feel, i have been here before, but this time i am going to get to goal before my big 50 in december that i am sure of.

I am wondering how you are all going and if you need some support and encouragement, stop by,and i am sure we can all do just that for you.

The best part is i have lost 2inches around my waist.,i have been having trouble putting it on there as i reach those menopausal years, as some of us do,so it is all good.

Good luck to everyone and i hope you are all inspired to get on the move.

joycenalex
09-09-2007, 08:19 AM
when i weighed myself at work, i found i've lost 6 pounds since august 1. the remodeling stress is good for that at least. the dogs are also enjoying the longer walks, i feel some what guilty that the torn up house has removed so many of their nap spots, so i'm trying to compensate. i am also eating, deliberatly, smaller servings. thanks for the restart of the thread carole, i needed to have this today.

buckner
09-09-2007, 05:58 PM
Congrats, Carole, on the weight loss!!! How exciting! :)

You too, joycenalex. Six pounds is GREAT!!!

My big update is the fact that I haven't gained any weight! Haha, but no seriously, that's a big deal to me. I'm on several medications that I should be gaining weight with, and my eating habits and physical acitivity have prevented me from gaining. :) It's awesome that I'm refusing to let this medicine have those effects on me.

carole
09-09-2007, 06:31 PM
Yes it is always a struggle when you are on medication that makes you hungry or gains weight, i too have that problem, but it can be done, you just have to be really good, and i mean really good especially as you reach those middle years and further on.

I found eating several small meals a day is a really good tip for weight loss, i had to do this due to stomach problems, and it helped with weight loss, you feel like you are continually eating all day long, which you are, and you fool your mind into thinking just that too,but infact you are eating the same as before,i have eased off doing that a bit now,but i think i will go back to it, as it works well.

Congrats to you both for loosing and maintaining, both are not done without effort,so keep up the good work everyone. :)

sirrahbed
09-09-2007, 07:21 PM
Carole good for you taking off that weight!! I knew you had been trying :) It is also nice to read that you were able to go shopping and enjoy it! I can surely relate to THAT :D I normally dread trying on clothing so mostl pick up second-hand or buy online. I recently HAD to try some things on because I honestly did not even know my size.

I just googled and read that a stone is equal to 14 pounds!! :eek: So Carole _ I imagine you are just about into a whole new size!! I have found that each ten pounds seems to make me lose a size.

Oh yes and buckner - NOT gaining is very good news! I seem to recall that you have lost quite a bit (yes?) so maintaining is most difficult, especially if anything about your health and medications works against you.

Have you guys looked at a site called dailyplate.com? I know I wrote about it before but I really can't say enough good things about it. I use the free benefits only and just love it. No need to get the pay features though I did a free trial to see if I was missing anything - and I wasn't :)

I am now stuck at the pretty much same weight for three weeks now.....I am telling myself to stick with it and expect a good drop in weight soon.

cyber-sibes
09-09-2007, 07:55 PM
Congratulations ladies! Even just a few pounds lost will make a difference in your health.

I finally made my goal, and the challenge now is not to gain any. I would like to lose a few more, just to have a "safety zone", but I'm kind of stuck on gaining & losing the same couple pounds right now. Time to start keeping better track again & drinking that water! I can hardly believe I made goal (I lost 40 lbs.) My health is so much better. I can go up & down stairs without getting winded, my knees don't ache all the time, and I have a lot more energy. I won't say it wasn't hard to stick to it - there are many times I get so frustrated I want to give up & eat everything in sight. If I do, maybe no one else knows, but it'll show up on my body for sure! ~Pat

Me- last fall.................................and me, last week (earrings by Glacier ;) )
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v432/cyber-sibes/weight%20loss/pathead.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v432/cyber-sibes/weight%20loss/glacierscopperearrings.jpg

carole
09-09-2007, 08:10 PM
Wow your weight loss is very noticable around your face, you look wonderful,Debbie i have only lost 7 pounds half a stone, so not quite at the whole dress size yet, but getting there,I am a little concerned if i get to goal how my face will hold up lol, one drawback of loosing when you are older,but you cannot have it both ways unless you can afford or want to have plastic surgery. :) Well done everyone, Debbie be patient it will come off, but i sure know what it is like when you get to that stage,the plateau stage,mine is slow enough as it is, but better that way i guess.

Yes as for the shopping, usually i go in and find nothing looks good, i am very critical and fussy i must admit, but not just any old thing will do me, so to try on at least twelve outfits and find eight of them looked good was indeed inspiring and will make me keep at it.

Keep at it everyone, YOU CAN DO IT. :)

sirrahbed
09-09-2007, 08:22 PM
cyber-sibes - your "new" face look so pretty!! Much much thinner for sure. You must be just thrilled to see that GOAL weight!! :D (I have also treated myself to a pair of glacier earrings..they should arrive soon) Isn't it amazing how much weightloss shows in the face?

on yes Carole - losing this weight at my age (52) has been more difficult than in years past and gravity is working against me for sure. I actually like my face when it is fuller because the skin is smoother! ;) But, the trade-off is still fair in that I feel more energy and I know that I must be healthier. I have noticed it when I play with my grandkids - am not nearly so tired. My two grandsons will soon be visiting and I hope to enjoy them even more than ever.

catlover4ever
09-10-2007, 07:53 AM
Keep up the good work everyone. I joined WW in January and I have gone from this..........

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b7d725b3127cceba967b4413d800000035100SZM3DZu3Ym

to this.........

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b7d725b3127cceba96f8e6d29300000035100SZM3DZu3Ym

I'm down almost 60 lbs and today I begin training for the Las Vegas Half Marathon in December.

cyber-sibes
09-10-2007, 08:02 AM
WOW, catlover4ever, you look great! Training for a half-marathon? Way to go, girl! I joined WW in Feb, and my hubby joined in March. Between us weve lost 86 lbs. WW has been a big help - I'd been saying for years I was going to loose weight...and never did.
;) You must be a big inspiration to others at your meeting!

sirrahbed
09-10-2007, 08:07 AM
W :eek: W Meg!!! You look so amazing and have such a nice shape. Funny how your first pic is in the shade - was that on purpose? And training for half marathon???? I am sooooo impressed as I am very UN-athletic!! Thanks for the pictures - this is very inspiring to me :D

catlover4ever
09-10-2007, 10:24 AM
Funny how your first pic is in the shade - was that on purpose?

Actually that picture came from my niece's baptism. I was in the background and cropped myself out of the photo.

Thank you all for the nice comments.

mrspunkysmom
09-10-2007, 02:07 PM
The scales are inconsistent with me or my body is. Anyway, I can tell how clothes are fitting that I've lost a few and a WHOLE lot more to go.

I need encouragement

carole
09-10-2007, 03:08 PM
WOW you guys are fantastic and doing a marathon, that is even more inspiring,way to go girls.

Yes Debbie the weight loss can be unkind to the face, i have not lost enough yet for that to happen, and i have not got too much too loose ,but i have remained at a level i am not happy with since my daughter's birth 15 years ago, it took me ten after the first child to get slim, so i am really gonna have to do it this time,and stay there.

I must tell you all i have given up chocolate, and i loved the stuff, I never pigged out on it ,but it was always my choice of treats,now i just have low fat ice cream as my only treat and sometimes it is chocolate so that keeps the cravings away, I am not saying never a bar shall pass my lips again, but for now i am staying away, my stomach problems have prompted this choice and in the long run it is good for me all round,infact sometimes i wonder, my diet is so low fat if indeed i am getting enough, as we all need so much to be well.

Keep at it everyone, we all have different challenges and things that make the weight loss more difficult,but we are all in the same boat,so come on guys row row row the boat gently down the stream and merrily, merrily merrily life will be a dream lol. :) :D

p.s It is so great to be amongst so many fellow weightwatchers, i don't go to meetings, and do it at home, so i need that little bit of extra support,has anyone tried the berry mudslide ice cream, so yummy, rather rich, but certainly takes care of my choco cravings,our range is lot more limited down here, even oz have such a better range, but slowly we are getting some of the cakes, bakewell cherry tarts, yum ,yum,but only certain supermarkets sell the newer range, i can imagine in the states the choice would be so great.,when you are so good you need these little treats for sure.

cassiesmom
09-10-2007, 06:00 PM
11 down, 89 to go. I have not been diligent about it. I've almost completely stopped eating fast food, though. I found that the more burgers and fries I eat, the more I crave them. It's easier if I just don't at all. I don't trust myself to go to a fast food restaurant and leave with a salad. The only place I can do that is at Culver's, because their salads are really terrific. They will also sell me a kid's meal even though I'm not a kid (their rationale: hey, you're someone's kid) so that works in a pinch when I can't outlast a craving.

joycenalex
09-10-2007, 06:14 PM
carole, i had to give up chocolate and have not eaten any since april 2006. and FWIW, if i get 20 minutes notice of my death, i'm eating some chocolate cake. i loved it. but, and here is the bigest but, for me, i was crazy when i ate chocolate, but it's not enough for me anymore. it's a trigger food for me and i do not handle it as other people can and do. so, just for today, i don't eat chocolate in any form. yes i still want it, but today, i'll pass on the chocolate

carole
09-10-2007, 09:47 PM
You know a friend of mine who suffers from severe depression swears chocolate is bad for her and makes her worse, it never did that for me i must say, just upset my ticky stomach,so i am better off without it more ways than one.

To be frank with you all i don't really like fatty food anymore, i used to see adverts on the telly when i was dieting and crave them, like Kfc for instance ,but now i just don't care for it or any fat foods, i look at them and think yuck, that is not to say i don't mind having the odd thing, i enjoy a small amount of oven wedges with my meal weekly,but fatty food ugh!! :)