PDA

View Full Version : Whats that hair style called?

Argranade
09-07-2007, 04:22 PM
I was woundering what this hair style is called,

It's where under your hair head is shaved and on top if still full of hair lol.

Anyone know? I was thinking of getting it done.

BC_MoM
09-07-2007, 04:27 PM
I was woundering what this hair style is called,

It's where under your hair head is shaved and on top if still full of hair lol.

Anyone know? I was thinking of getting it done.

Ew! lol

Sirrahsim
09-07-2007, 04:38 PM
no clue... I know the kids used to do it back when I was in Junior High though.. Thought is was silly then and I still think it's silly now but to each each his (or her) own :)

Karen
09-07-2007, 04:40 PM
Naw, it's not called a mohawk - a mohawk is just one stripe of hair in the center left, and all the rest of your head shaved.

I don't know if there's a name for the haircut you described, JenLuchenbach might know, as she took pictures of herself getting that ahircut once, for coolness sake!

When I had my brain surgery almost 14 years ago, I knew they were going to shave about half my head, but what my surgeon had them do was leave a couple inches unshaved at the top of that side of my head, so it would form a "curtain" while the rest of my hair grew back in. And my hair is so thick that that curatin was enough so most people never even notices 3/4 of my head on that side was shaved! Cool guy, Dr. Ojemann!

Argranade
09-07-2007, 05:42 PM
No not a mohawk LOL.

I attached a photo of what it would look like, the blue is still the hair but the green is shaved under. Really BAD exsample but I was rushing, I wish I could find some real photos. It looked really good on this girl I seen and I've always thought about getting it done myself, hopefully someone will know what it's called.

I searched photos of pull back but I did not see the under shaved.

Thanks everyone!

*EDIT*

I found the hairstyles name, it's called The Newsted haircut.

:)

crow_noir
09-09-2007, 06:09 AM
Wow! I never knew there was a name for it.

On chicks i think it looks AWESOME, and on guys i find it to be HAWT!!!

A good example of a chick with it is the girl in The Crow. I had been contemplating the hairdo for a while when i first watched the movie. I was never brave enough to go through with it though. I'd do it now, but i have gotten so attached to being able to do this neat circlet thing with my hair. (Very pro Ren Faire.) I put it up in the circlet for things like weddings.

vinjashira
09-09-2007, 02:15 PM
I searched google for newstead haircut to find out what it looks like and guess what..
the first result was this thread http://www.petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

jenluckenbach
09-09-2007, 06:25 PM
I have no idea of a name, but do you mean like this.

See here>> http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=80349&highlight=hair+cut