PDA

View Full Version : Owner sets dog on fire, no one stops him...

crow_noir
09-06-2007, 11:25 PM
http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/14053198/detail.html?rss=det&psp=news

Dog Owner Charged With Torture

POSTED: 6:17 pm EDT September 5, 2007
UPDATED: 10:28 am EDT September 6, 2007

DETROIT -- A local dog owner has plead guilty to what Humane Society employees said was the worst case of torture they have ever seen.

Investigators said John Delmar Fladger, 44, of Detroit poured gasoline over his dog and set him on fire last month.

One witness said the owner first tried to burn the dog inside an east-side Detroit convenience store. "Yes, inside the store. He was pouring gas," said Evon Yusef, who witnessed the attack. "There was gas all over the place. Customers were scared. They were backing away from him."

Another witness told investigators from the Michigan Humane Society that the owner later seemed to be showing off in front of a group of children. "He was walking down the street, spilling gas at the dog. He was trying to light the dog at the same time he was walking," the witness said.

Natatia Nix of the Michigan Humane Society called it one of the worst cases she has ever been a part of.

"The (Humane Society) staff sees everything that comes in. We see the hit-by-a-car dogs, the gunshot dogs, the neglected dogs - every type of abuse," Nix said. "But this... We were just looking around the room. We were in there with the dog - each of us were crying."

Nix said the dog, a shepherd mixture, was so badly burned that treatments did not help, so the animal had to be euthanized.

During the investigation the owner originally denied hurting the dog, but later pleaded guilty to animal torture and the killing of an animal.

The owner is scheduled to be sentenced later this month. He faces up to four years in prison.

Copyright 2007 by ClickOnDetroit.com. All rights reserved.

---------------

That guy is dam* lucky i wasn't in that same store! WTF, people were backing away from the guy?! I dunno... something about someone pouring gas on a dog trips something off in my brain saying that this person plans on doing something far worse to this animal. :mad:

Sevaede
09-07-2007, 01:00 AM
Four years?! FOUR YEARS is ALL he MAY receive for torturing and maiming that poor, precious baby until his very last breath?

R.I.P. Sweet little puppy. :(

IRescue452
09-07-2007, 05:18 AM
This guy sounds like he has some issues and shouldn't be out in society.

elizabethann
09-07-2007, 07:25 AM
Why doesn't someone just put a bullet to his head and end his useless, disgusting life? I'd be happy to volunteer. Actually, it could be fundraiser. People could bid. The highest bidder could pull the trigger and the money can go to a humane society. I bet the highest bid would be in the millions.

Daisy and Delilah
09-07-2007, 08:29 AM
Why doesn't someone just put a bullet to his head and end his useless, disgusting life? I'd be happy to volunteer. Actually, it could be fundraiser. People could bid. The highest bidder could pull the trigger and the money can go to a humane society. I bet the highest bid would be in the millions.

I agree!!!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :( :mad: :(

Seriously, this guy sounds like he definitely had issues and was mentally incapacitated. :( He never should have had a dog in the first place. :( :mad:

jackie
09-07-2007, 08:35 AM
Wow, what a sicko. He sounds more then a little messed up. I hope he gets as long as he can in jail, with LOTS of counseling. Imagine letting someone like that free.

RIP pup.

Catlady711
09-07-2007, 12:36 PM
That is just terrible!

It's yet even sadder because the whole horrible thing may have been prevented if people didn't have such a fear of 'getting involved' with things, or 'poking their nose in someone else's business'. If they had called the police the dog may have been saved and rehomed with a truley caring family right now instead of dying a torturous death!

I can't tell you how many times I've called the police for various things over the years (nothing on this par though) and everyone I know gives me so much flack about it, saying things like 'you shouldn't get involved' and telling me I'm being 'a busybody'.

When will people wake up and realize that the police can't be everywhere at once and with cell phones so readily available not to mention pay phones, what will it hurt to just call the police? Let alone to think of what would happen if you DON'T call the police.

mike001
09-07-2007, 01:23 PM
That was one of the worst stories I ever read about. Guy will probably get away with a slap on the wrist.

joycenalex
09-07-2007, 04:04 PM
[QUOTE=Catlady711]...I can't tell you how many times I've called the police for various things over the years (nothing on this par though) and everyone I know gives me so much flack about it, saying things like 'you shouldn't get involved' and telling me I'm being 'a busybody'.

i have to live with myself and i have to sleep at night. if i don't stop animal abuse or child abuse who will? i bought my first cellphone so i could call the fire dept or police when i saw a dog in a closed car. they can call me a busybody and a kvetch and they can kiss off.
as to that waste of dna in human form, may he rot

Marigold2
09-07-2007, 08:18 PM
OMG I would have shot the SOB on sight.

cyber-sibes
09-09-2007, 08:12 PM
That guy is dam* lucky i wasn't in that same store! :mad: :mad: You & me both!!! I would have picked something up & hit that sicko over the head to stop him. I can't believe NO ONE lifted a finger to help that dog!!! :mad: :mad:
This guy doesn't deserve to walk the streets free ever again.

sirrahved
09-09-2007, 09:16 PM
i would have backed away, too. A man that does something like that is obviously not sane. Who is to say he isn't going to light me on fire?

crow_noir
09-10-2007, 02:05 AM
For those who live in fear and won't even lift a finger to save themselves it is probably a different world. They are the ones who feel ever so much more rage whenever there is injustice to others. The fear isn't forgotten, but it becomes fuel.

Hellow
09-10-2007, 10:37 AM
THAT SOB!!!!!:mad: I would have shot his a** on first sight of that A hole!:mad::mad::mad: I feel soooo sorry for that dog...:(

crow_noir
09-13-2007, 06:55 AM
Ex-convict gets 4 years in prison for setting dog on fire
Wednesday, September 12, 2007
http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070912/UPDATE/709120475

Apology too late for man convicted of torching dog
September 13, 2007
http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070913/NEWS01/709130359

elizabethann
09-13-2007, 07:05 AM
I was hoping for a public hanging. Now my tax dollars will be supporting him while he's in jail.

But I guess it's better than nothing! I hope somebody kicks his a$$ while he's in the slammer.

Alysser
09-13-2007, 07:14 AM
A life ended so senselessly! How could someone live with themselves after that?! HOW?!? What a friggin' SICKO! :mad: :mad: Why are these people put on this earth???

I agree with Elizabethann. He needs to be put out of his own misery..that JERK.