PDA

View Full Version : Makeover Magic! Help me choose a haircut? *got it cut #41

sirrahbed
09-06-2007, 08:55 PM
http://makeover.ivillage.com/makeover/index.jsp
http://www.makeoversolutions.com/

Two fun sites where you can upload a picture and try on haircuts and makeup :) They are both similar but the 2nd one lets you add highlights and lowlights to the haircolor but only allows one upload of a picture to play with.

Now, will you help me decide which haircut will work for me? I have included my old usual which I like - and five others that I think would work for my extra fine and very straight hair. Oh yes and I am grandma to four so I sure can't do anything too funky ;) But, my hair is quite long now and I don't think I want to keep pulling it back and wearing the "wad" in the back of my head that I have now!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v170/sirrahbed/HAIRCUTS.jpg

If you try the sites - will you let us see your results? Have fun!

rg_girlca
09-06-2007, 09:09 PM
Oh Debbie, how fun that must be to do. I'm going to have to try it out. :D

Okay, I really love your usual cut, BUT, I also liked # 2. I find it makes you look younger. :)

Number 1, 3 & 4 are too funky looking for me and #5 is too flat.

crow_noir
09-07-2007, 01:57 AM
#2 looks really sweet and nice.

Normally I like #1, but i don't think it's right for you.

#3 in a shorter neater version would look really nice on you! (as is, I don't care for it, but it's similar to a look that would look really nice.)

chocolatepuppy
09-07-2007, 05:04 AM
I think #2 looks great on you! :D

jenluckenbach
09-07-2007, 05:23 AM
#2 is SPECTACULAR on you!!! There is not comparison to the other four. It is PERFECT for the shape of your face. I think you would love it! :)

Pam
09-07-2007, 05:30 AM
I voted for #2 also, but I like #1 too. :)

Killearn Kitties
09-07-2007, 05:35 AM
I voted for number 2. I think it is a lovely style and really suits your face. :) You also suit your usual style. Apart from that, I was less keen on the others.

Donnaj4962
09-07-2007, 07:18 AM
What a cool site! I will have to go there and try it out! I also have long hair and I get tired of pulling back in a ponytail or spending 1/2 hour trying to style it!

I voted for #2 for you! I think it makes you look much younger, and it looks like it would be easy to style! I like the bangs on your forehead also!

Let us know what you decide!

Jods
09-07-2007, 07:27 AM
I like # 1

angelbow20
09-07-2007, 07:56 AM
I like number 2 myself.

jazzcat
09-07-2007, 10:18 AM
Wow Debbie, I can see the weight loss in your face!

I voted for number 2 but I like 1 also. I think if you get the second cut you can probably also fix it a little like 1 for a change. Very cute!

pitc9
09-07-2007, 10:44 AM
#2 looks GREAT on you!!

Husky_mom
09-07-2007, 10:50 AM
I´m between 1 & 2....... 1 is a bit more modern/funky and 2 is more conservative/elegant, but I think whichever would look great on you.... you can get both and just curl it up or down for the desired look....... 2x1 how neat!!

kuhio98
09-07-2007, 11:14 AM
As usual, I'm in the minority. I hate, hate, hate #2. I voted #1.

sirrahved
09-07-2007, 11:34 AM
I voted for three. So cute, and a little sassy! Your face is really well suited to short hair:)

sirrahved
09-07-2007, 11:40 AM
Jason says he likes number 3 as well. He says it makes you look like a cast member from one of our favorite shows. Click here to see History Detectives' Gwen Wright (http://www.pbs.org/opb/historydetectives/_gfx/pics/about/gwen.jpg)

RedHedd
09-07-2007, 11:41 AM
I voted #1 as it's more modern; #2 is more conservative but makes your face look round. It looks like they're both pretty much the same cut so you could do a lot with "product" to do either look and perhaps more. Layers are a lot of fun to play with.

Miss Z
09-07-2007, 12:48 PM
I absolutely love number 1! It really compliments your face shape.

Catsnclay
09-07-2007, 03:45 PM
Um, I hate to say this, but ......so what that you are a grandmother???!!!!

Where does it say that you have to wear your hair in the correct style becsause you are a grandmother??? ....or mother, daughter, teenager..etc.

I have several friends (one being Lisa of K&L) that are grandmothers, and wear their hair in todays fashions!

And you know what???!!! It makes them look younger!!!!! :cool: :D

I may be old, but I sure don't like to 'look' my age!!! So with that said, I think you should put some colored spikes in your hair Deb!!!! :p

Ok, well......maybe not, but please don't let your age rule your style!! And go for style #2 with some blond highlights or something!!

shais_mom
09-07-2007, 03:50 PM
well I like number one or number 3 but since it doesn't let me pick more than one - I picked 3 -
i think in the picture the shorter style brings your face UP

shais_mom
09-07-2007, 03:53 PM
I think definatley that with NEW glasses you need a NEW hairdo! :D

sirrahbed
09-07-2007, 05:35 PM
I appreciate the suggestions! Yes I need something new for sure. Bunny, I mention being grandma because - well - I guess I am very conscious of NOT wanting to look like I *think* I am younger than I am :p Right now my hair is too long (for me, I think) and I just pull it back every day anyway and THAT makes me look older I think. My long hair just never looks pretty anymore. The lady who has cut my hair forever always talks me out of bangs or layers because my hair is so fine. But I had bangs and layers before and really liked them but it did make more work than being able to pull my hair back. I am soooo lazy and bad about doing anything to try and look better. I do keep blonde highlights in my hair but am overdue. I have always been a blonde naturally but now it is much darker than before but still in the blonde family. Plus highlights make it harder to see the gray hairs I seem to be getting these days!

As for the cuts _ I am thinking that #5 looks like what my hair might actually look like with it shorter. Not sure I have thick enough hair for the other cuts? But maybe shorter hair will give me back some body? It would be nice to be able to have hair to comb different ways, part differently, experiment with gels, etc. I rather like all of them:)

Has anyone else played with that makeover software? I had such fun with that!! :D

jackie
09-07-2007, 05:51 PM
I have very thin hair too, but adding layers and bangs makes a HUGE difference, go choppy!

lizbud
09-07-2007, 06:28 PM
I liked #2 also. I think blond is more your color, then darker shades. Looks
great.

Argranade
09-07-2007, 06:29 PM
I like both 1 and 2 but number 2 seemed to fit you better. :)

shais_mom
09-07-2007, 06:41 PM
Has anyone else played with that makeover software? I had such fun with that!! :D
I did! :)
but I kept wanting to choose the ones that you have to pay for! :(
But it was fun to play with the hair and the makeup! :D
I can remember the lady that used to cut my hair saying that wear your hair long when you're young but old women don't look good with really long hair. Altho I'm not sure where her cut off was!! :) I'd say 70's ish?? :)
so I think the shorter the better! :D

jennielynn1970
09-07-2007, 07:42 PM
Not a fan of 4 or 5, but the others are nice. You have a great face for almost any length of cut. #2 was especially flattering, and #1 is great for a younger look. If you go to a good stylist, they could probably help you doing a little of both.

cyber-sibes
09-07-2007, 10:09 PM
#2 looks very cute on you - very youthful & makes you look sparkly.

kimlovescats
09-07-2007, 10:09 PM

crow_noir
09-09-2007, 03:48 AM
I LOVE that show, but i never catch it any more. :-(

Jason says he likes number 3 as well. He says it makes you look like a cast member from one of our favorite shows. Click here to see History Detectives' Gwen Wright (http://www.pbs.org/opb/historydetectives/_gfx/pics/about/gwen.jpg)

Kirsten
09-09-2007, 06:51 AM
#2 looks greats, but my favorite is #3. You look like Meryl Streep with that one (hope you'll take that as a compliment!) :)

Kirsten

joycenalex
09-09-2007, 08:08 AM
i like # 3. on your 2 original photos your hair is off your forehead, is this cause you don't like hair on your forehead or is the growth pattern not agreeable to #2, my second choice? what does your face in profile look like? what does your usual stylist say? how much time to style? i have a bob with sideswept bangs and when i lean forward, the hair can get in the way, a lot.
and you look good with the weight loss. :)

Maya & Inka's mommy
09-09-2007, 10:24 AM
I wouldn't change haircut at all; you look lovely with the cut you have now :) :)

Felicia's Mom
09-09-2007, 11:24 AM
My favorite was #5.

sirrahbed
09-09-2007, 01:54 PM
....you don't like hair on your forehead what does your usual stylist say? how much time to style? I have a bob with sideswept bangs and when i lean forward, the hair can get in the way, a lot.
and you look good with the weight loss. :)

good questions! I do tend to want my hair OFF of my face though I have worn bangs and really liked them.....from 2005 and like #4....
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v170/sirrahbed/Family/2005b.jpg

When I did have bangs though - I tended to wear headbands to keep them away when I was working - leaning over etc. That bothers me!! It also seemed to take forever to grow them out - but now I keep pulling it back again - I like to get it out of my face when I want to. Good old headbands...I always keep them around.

My stylist tells me that my hair is very fine but that I have lots of it. It is baby-fine though and lays very flat to my head. She always discourages bangs or layers for me. Maybe I need to go to someone new ;) I like wash and wear hair that I can also style if I feel like it. Right now there is little I can do except pull it back. I think it is time for something new :)

Oh and thank you for noticing the weight loss in my face :D

joycenalex
09-09-2007, 02:25 PM
so that cute spiky style will require mousse and a few minutes of styling time and a blow dryer, every day.

sirrahbed
09-09-2007, 03:09 PM
so that cute spiky style will require mousse and a few minutes of styling time and a blow dryer, every day.

I am leaning towards that one, also. It seems like it would be pretty easy as I wash my hair every single day anyway so why not take a few minutes with the blowdryer to look like I have done something :) It dries in like a minute anyway.

To those of you who wear the shorter, spiky looking hair - do any of you have super fine hair? Is it hard to keep fine hair looking spiky? Can you also make the hair look wispy on the forehead for a softer feminine look? What do you do with the back - is it pretty much layered and short, too? I so appreciate the ideas. Any stylists out there??

sirrahved
09-09-2007, 06:00 PM
Jason's hair is much like yours... baby fine. It's actually really easy to spike. It takes so little product. Your stylist can tell you which product is best for the look.

mruffruff
09-11-2007, 01:52 PM
I voted for #2. But I think a slightly shorter version, with some highlights would be even better. Easy to care for, too. Wash, dry and finger in some gel. When it dries, it will have a lot of body. If you want to skip the bangs, just gel them back.

sirrahbed
09-11-2007, 07:18 PM
I am going in for my haircut tomorrow. I am pretty sure I will be getting a chin-length bob. Once I am used to the shorter hair - the next step will be going even shorter and with bangs. I am also getting more highlights. I saw a technique I really like where the underhair is left dark and then blonde is heavily added to the front and top. It looks really pretty - here is the pic I am taking in:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v170/sirrahbed/2007/pbob-2.jpg

I want mine a bit longer and slightly less layered except stacking in the back (front longer than back)

I will post pix tomorrow :D I am really ready for a change.

Sirrahsim
09-11-2007, 07:26 PM
yay!! can't wait to see :)

crow_noir
09-12-2007, 07:30 AM
ooooh, ahhhhh.

Goodluck! Can't wait to see the results! :)

sirrahbed
09-12-2007, 03:04 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v170/sirrahbed/2007/hair001.jpg
This is how I looked before I left :cool: I showed my stylist all of the pictures and the poll results and told her do whatever she wanted...so she went for the short bob with sideswept bangs...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v170/sirrahbed/2007/hair002.jpg

She added LOTS of highlights and dark lowlights - I love the colors..
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v170/sirrahbed/2007/hair003.jpg

Her second cloice was #2 in the poll but thought it would be fun to try this one first and go back for more bangs and all the short layering if I want to try yet another cut. So I will enjoy this one and see what I can do with it. I like how I look - much more stylish I think. The sideswept bangs are bugging me as I am used to my pullback but I will get used to them :)

Thanks for your input everyone - it was fun!! :D

anna_66
09-12-2007, 03:19 PM
I didn't vote in the poll but I did see it and liked the same two you did.

You look FANTASTIC:D

PS I would swear you were standing in my BR! The color and even the closet looks the same! Do you have a picture of that room somewhere? I'd love to compare it with my room.

Catsnclay
09-12-2007, 04:10 PM
WOW Deb!!!

She not only cut your hair, but deleted 10 years from your life!!! :D

You look mav-o-lus baby!!!! :D

Hmmmm........now I just may have to get my hair cut like your, I really like it!! I am in desperate need of a change too!

Good choice, I really like it!!

kimlovescats
09-12-2007, 04:21 PM
It looks really cute, Deb! I LOVE the highlights too!!! If you're like me, you'll have to fight the temptation to still push it behind your ears! :D

Killearn Kitties
09-12-2007, 04:35 PM
The style is lovely, and the colour looks great on you too. :D #
It's nice to have a new style.

Sirrahsim
09-12-2007, 04:43 PM
You look so nice!!!! I love it!!!

sirrahved
09-12-2007, 05:45 PM
Very cute!

jenluckenbach
09-12-2007, 06:03 PM
I love it!!! it is totally excellent! :)

Craftlady
09-12-2007, 06:30 PM
I love the new hair cut. Hi-lite colors are great too.

RedHedd
09-12-2007, 09:03 PM
That looks terrific!

Grace
09-12-2007, 10:05 PM
Absolutely wonderful!! Love the cut and the highlights - you look fantastic!!

krazyaboutkatz
09-12-2007, 11:56 PM
It looks great and you look so much younger now too.:D

Maya & Inka's mommy
09-13-2007, 04:29 AM
Purrfect !!!

crow_noir
09-13-2007, 05:39 AM
Nice!

I didn't think you looked bad before, but the new look is wonderful!

Logan
09-13-2007, 10:05 AM
Wow!!!! You look terrific, Deb!!!!!! :D :D I think she (and you) did an excellent job!!! :D

shais_mom
09-15-2007, 02:03 PM
I Love It!! :d

Donnaj4962
09-15-2007, 08:30 PM
WOW! I love the new cut and hi-lights! You look so much younger!

I wish I had the courage to go shorter. But as soon as I get it cut shorter, I hate it and start growing it out again! :::sigh::: :rolleyes:

jennielynn1970
09-15-2007, 08:51 PM
That is a great cut!! I love bobbed hair! I think they really sleek and professional.

I've been going shorter myself. My current cut is like the pic you posted that you said you liked... bobbed and longer in the front than the back and straightened. I still let it go curly when I feel lazy, but only when I'm home, lol.