PDA

View Full Version : I Don't Do Opera But.......

dukedogsmom
09-06-2007, 06:54 PM
My brother sent me this link from Britain's Got Talent. This man is amazing. He sells cell phones for a living. The audience goes wild for him, too.
Paul Potts (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1k08yxu57NA&feature=RecentlyWatched&page=1&t=t&f=b)

Grace
09-06-2007, 07:42 PM
I saw that a couple of months ago, when the talent show was going on. He came over to NYC and was on one of the network morning shows.

Isn't he fantastic? Gave me chills first time I watched this. He was planning to spend some of the prize money on his teeth.

From a newspaper in Wales, 9/2/2007 -

Singer Paul Potts says he is still employed by the Port Talbot phone shop where he worked before winning the Britain's Got Talent contest with its ten thousand pound prize and then going on to record an album that hit number one in the charts.

He told New Zealand radio programme The Breeze that he has not formally given notice to his old carphone warehouse.

Paul is on a world tour promoting his album, One Chance, and has already been to China and Australia and is now in New Zealand.

Miss Z
09-07-2007, 12:53 PM
Ah yes, I was one of those people who voted for him when the show was on! ;) Amazing guy.

vinjashira
09-07-2007, 03:13 PM
I watched him too when Britain's Got Tallents was on TV. He really is a great singer.

He had some singing lesson in Italy and during his singing course he was selected as one of the best students to sing in front of Luciano Pavarotti who was apparently impressed with his singing.

Husky_mom
09-07-2007, 03:34 PM
I saw him on E! while an ad of American Idol or something but only on Britain and man did he have me the chills!!........ I even got LES....... amazing voice!!!

might sound rude as the time being, but he most likely be first place in order to step in Pavarotti´s trail........

Carol Bulger
09-07-2007, 04:47 PM
That was the most beautiful piece of music and I hope this young fellow goes a long way in life. He caN SING FOR ME ANYTIME

Killearn Kitties
09-07-2007, 04:49 PM
He's just lovely, isn't he? :D I didn't realise he had embarked on a world tour.
Good luck to him!

gini
09-07-2007, 10:50 PM
I watched the clip so many times that it has taken me about a half hour to come back here and post.

Yes, it gave me the chills and brought tears to my eyes. You could tell that they didn't expect much when they told him to go ahead and sing........AND THEN........just look at their expressions change - woke them all up, didn't it?

What a lovely lovely story - and now he is on a world tour.

I wish him the absolute best in the future and I hope ALL of his dreams come true and he can spend the rest of his life doing what he thinks he was born to do.

Doesn't he look like he is just the nicest guy?

Callie
09-09-2007, 12:18 AM
Thanks soooo much for sharing the link and info! I've been in paradise for the last several hours while I enjoyed the offerings (ALL of them...including the post win ones). My husband joined me in watching them when he got home from work. It reminded us of just how far away from where we started so long ago we have traveled...brought tears to my eyes and joy to our hearts. A HUGE THANKS!

Callie

smokey the elder
09-10-2007, 02:08 PM
This reminds me of the story of the cop who found his voice after 9/11, sang for some events, got some voice lessons and I think was in the opera for awhile!