PDA

View Full Version : So tired of irresponsible dog owners...

Flatcoatluver
09-06-2007, 01:00 PM
So yesterday at work... I got bite, by my favorite breed, a standard poodle. He was an intact dog, and I must say I am just so tired of getting intact after intact males that are out of control. Of course we have two friendly intact dogs right now. What breed? A am Staff and a rottie.

Anyways the dog that bite me of course was being stupid, I opened his kennel to let him out, he busted through one of the gates, and then when I came up to try and put the slip release leash on he bite me. I am not sure what his problem is, I always put a slip release leash on him, I didn’t corner him. There is not in heat females around, so I'm stumped. Lucky me, he didn't break my skin. But geesh with all these designer breed fads, and that standard poodles are over bred, I am just so sick to my stomach. Sorry I just had to rant a little bit.

lute
09-06-2007, 02:02 PM
I'm so sorry you had a rough day at work. I compleatly know what you are going through with "WHY CAN'T PEOPLE JUST NEUTER THEIR DOGS?!?!?!" It nearly drives me insane that a dog is in the clinic for surgery. I always assume it's an OHE or neuter. Most of the time they are. Other times they are ther for something stupid like boarding. I hate it when dogs board there and aren't spayed or neutered. They are always the wors behaving dogs there and stress out the dogs that are there for surgery.

critter crazy
09-06-2007, 02:09 PM
Uggghhhh...One of the women at work, who just happens to be my Neighbor, has a Mixed breed dog. This dog is about 7-8yrs old. and until yesterday, was intact. She finally got him fixed, after all of us at work did our darndest to convince her. Thank god! Her reasoning to not fix him before....."there is no reason to fix him, he is happy the way he is....he has so many girlfriends, and some people would love to have puppies by him!" WTH is wrong with people??? :rolleyes: I am just thankfull that he is finally fixed.

Flatcoatlover, I am glad that the bite wasnt a bad one. sorry you got bit though!

Blackrose
09-06-2007, 03:10 PM
I too am glad the bite wasn't bad! There are so many bad tempermented dogs that come in to work, intact or not. I've suffered a bite from a JRT...it was her claws that hurt me the most, I still have a scar on my right hand from her. We've had aggressive Labs, Rotties, Chows, ACDs, Poodles, JRTs, Weims, Sharpeis, Dachshunds, Huskies....

Overbred dogs who have stupid owners.......that doesn't make a good combination.

lute
09-06-2007, 05:28 PM
Uggghhhh...One of the women at work, who just happens to be my Neighbor, has a Mixed breed dog. This dog is about 7-8yrs old. and until yesterday, was intact. She finally got him fixed, after all of us at work did our darndest to convince her. Thank god! Her reasoning to not fix him before....."there is no reason to fix him, he is happy the way he is....he has so many girlfriends, and some people would love to have puppies by him!" WTH is wrong with people??? :rolleyes: I am just thankfull that he is finally fixed.

A mixed breed dog?!?! Why would anyone want to breed a mixed breed dog! Holy cow! I'm glad that lady finally neutered him. Maybe her next dog will be even luckier and get neutered MUCH sooner! People amaze me...not in a good way either.

critter crazy
09-06-2007, 05:44 PM
A mixed breed dog?!?! Why would anyone want to breed a mixed breed dog! Holy cow! I'm glad that lady finally neutered him. Maybe her next dog will be even luckier and get neutered MUCH sooner! People amaze me...not in a good way either.

Yea she is not a bright bulb!! I have heard way too many horror stories about her and pets, that it just breaks my heart. Not to mention some things I have seen with my own eyes. If she never gets another pet, I will be extatic!

crow_noir
09-06-2007, 10:33 PM
I could care less one way or the other whether most people get their dogs snipped or not. Some dogs really should be though. Either because of their temperament or because of their owners' other irresponsible habits.

The dog I rescued from being a road pancake tonight needed to be. I'm half blind and could see from the other side of the road that this thing (VERY tiny dog) was hanging like a Scottish Highlander Cattle! If you ask me that's a huge red flag that something is wrong. I'd have it in to the vet ASAP. Who wants to place a bet that this dog has cancer?

flipgirl
09-10-2007, 02:13 PM
Myfriend has an 8 month old Wheaton x Poodle and doesn't want to neuter him because he thinks the dog will lose his manhood and feels sorry for him. Sad....

Zippy
09-10-2007, 03:11 PM
I am sorry you got bite.I too just wish people would fix there pets.
My gosh don't they know there dog/cat/rabbit could get more problems by not being fixed.They are lucky there dog didn't bite a non animal lover and then sue them or something.

nancys
09-10-2007, 03:22 PM
Uh-Oh. I just had Jake the dog fixed a few weeks ago, but I would not recommend to anyone that they wait that long. Jake is 5 years old, and I think it about did him in. If I ever get another puppy, I will have it spayed / neutured when it's small.

crow_noir
09-10-2007, 09:14 PM
female ferrets have it the worst. They WILL die if they're not snipped or bred.

I think it should be mandatory for pet store ferrets to be snipped.

At least dogs CAN live long healthy lives intact.

I am sorry you got bite.I too just wish people would fix there pets.
My gosh don't they know there dog/cat/rabbit could get more problems by not being fixed.They are lucky there dog didn't bite a non animal lover and then sue them or something.