PDA

View Full Version : One or Two cats?

Catty1
09-05-2007, 09:44 PM
I was at a country market recently, and met this artist - he does wonderful watercolours of pets!

http://www.gpmartin.com/

As some of you know, my Mom had my sister's two cats, and they really became HERS over the last 4 years.

Pyka was sick for two years, had surgery, and was found to have nasal lymphoma...and had to be PTS in July.

Although meowmies are not supposed to have favourites, and though Mom loves Pyka's brother Shiney VERY much, Pyka was really her heart-cat.

I want to commission a painting for Christmas for mom...but should it be of both babies, or her departed heart-kitty? What do you think?

(Feel free to post the link elsewhere on PT.)

rg_girlca
09-05-2007, 09:53 PM
WOW!!! He does fantastic work.

Personally Candace and this is just my opinion, I would have both cats done, since they came as a pair.

jennielynn1970
09-05-2007, 10:30 PM
Could you do a painting of each of them, separately? Not sure if $$ is an issue (was looking at his prices, not bad for the amazing quality he does).

You could always do Pyka for Christmas, and then do Shiney for mother's day or at a later date.

Catty1
09-05-2007, 10:32 PM
Jenn - that's true. $400 for Pyka...and then $400 later for Shiney. The two together would be $600.

Good thought...I appreciate all the opinions here!

catmandu
09-06-2007, 07:37 PM
I WOULD HAVE BOTH CATS DONE AS TEY ARE PROBABLY STILL TOGETHER AS THE ANGEL CAT WILL COME TO SEE HOW HER FRIEND IS. I KNOW THAT POUNCER AND MISTER SCRAPPY ANGEL OFTEN VISIT. POUNCER SADLY PASSED ON THE YEAR BEFORE I BOUGHT THE HOUSE SO SHE REALLY HAPPY TO FLY AROUND.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/cat%20photos%202/Scan10205.jpg

G535
09-06-2007, 07:46 PM
I'd definitely have both cats.

Freedom
09-07-2007, 07:45 AM
I would have both cats in the picture. Yes, Pyka was her heart cat. But also, these were her DAUGHTER'S cats. Very important to remember how they came to her as well.

Put it in a nice frame, I wouldn't be a bit surprised if a wallet sized pic of your sister shows up stuck in the corner a short time later.

phesina
09-07-2007, 06:49 PM
I agree about having both cats in the picture. They did come to your mother together, and I'm sure both cats were very close to each other.

Perhaps you could consider getting individual paintings of each later on, assuming your mother really loves the picture of the two (which I am sure she will, since the artist's work is beautiful).. perhaps Pyka for Mom's birthday, Shiney for Mother's Day, or the other way around, depending on which comes first.

This is a wonderful idea of a gift for your mother, Candace!

Pat

Maya & Inka's mommy
09-08-2007, 04:16 AM
Cannot that person paint both cats in 1 painting? This would be a lot cheapier, and I am sure that your mom would be "in 7th heaven" :)