PDA

View Full Version : Pics of my soon to be Horse *Another pic*

Kalei
09-05-2007, 07:57 PM
I finally got the time to post some pics of the horse I am getting. Last Saturday (September 1st) I went up for the second time and got to see him again. I also gave half of the payment for him.:D

Here are some more pics!
http://i16.tinypic.com/62itkdi.jpg

http://i4.tinypic.com/5xfviaa.jpg

This is me beside him. I found out that he is over 16 hands. And I am only 5'1"
http://i7.tinypic.com/4qsdixu.jpg

http://i16.tinypic.com/4lonez9.jpg

And yep the horse on the right was nipping at that other horse lol. My horse was behaving:)
http://i10.tinypic.com/6f5hht4.jpg

Thanks everyone, hope you enjoyed.

jenluckenbach
09-05-2007, 08:01 PM
TOTALLY Gorgeous!! :) :)

Zippy
09-05-2007, 08:14 PM
Beautiful. :D

Alysser
09-05-2007, 08:35 PM
He's gorgeous! I can't wait till you bring him home. UNLIMITED pics then, eh? lol, he is so handsome! Certainly my favorite horse on PT!

Hellow
09-05-2007, 09:33 PM
Soooooo beautiful! My mom loves horses! What kind of horse is he? Comgratulations on your new horse! We are all always happy to add another pet to the Pet Talk family!

BC_MoM
09-05-2007, 09:41 PM
Breath taking. :) I love Paints.

angelbow20
09-05-2007, 10:17 PM
Very cute horse. I always wanted a horse but never could have one. I have had friends who owned horses and got to ride theirs but never my own.

Suki Wingy
09-05-2007, 10:19 PM
I just love him. :D

KittyGurl
09-06-2007, 07:33 AM
Congrats on the new horse! He is beautiful.

Vela
09-06-2007, 08:25 AM
Nice pics, thanks for sharing. He's got really nice coloring.

Kalei
09-06-2007, 11:58 AM
Wow, thanks so much everyone! I do really like him. At first I was looking for a barrel racing horse, like a nice compact Quarter Horse, but then I seen him and really liked him, so he won't be good at barrel racing, but we will still go in it for fun:D:p

Right now I am really aggrivated. When I went up there on Saturday, I was suppose to get a photocopy of his registration forms. Well my friend got her copy but my bad luck said that my horses's copy wasn't there because it was in a binder that Roger(the business owner) had with him up in Quebec. So the daugher there said she would email the registration form as soon as her father (Roger) got home. Well its been almost a week and that hasn't happend. So for four days now I have been calling their house and I never get a hold of them no matter how many times and what time of day. And then I looked at my written receipt and noticed that the daugher didn't sign it, so I asked my friend if she signed hers, and she had. So now I'm kind of worrying. I am soon going to leave a message on their machine saying that I feel like they don't want me to buy the horse now since they aren't answering my calls or messages and if they do not reply soon I will be going back down there for my money back.

I really hope it doesn't have to come to that though, because I really liked that horse:(

critter crazy
09-06-2007, 12:04 PM
I lOve his colring, and he is just gorgeous. But is it just me, or is he standing funny?? He seems to be off on his front. He is standing with his front legs stretched out realy funny. It just looks odd to me, maybe it is just the pics. Have you gotten a vet check done?? That is #1 priority with purchasing a horse. You just want to make sure there are no underlining health issues.

critter crazy
09-06-2007, 01:08 PM
It finally hit me why I think the horse looks odd, he seems to be standing as if he has Navicular disease. If this horse stands constantly like this, I would not purchase this horse, unless you are fully aware how to deal with this issue. I just dont want to see you purchase a horse you cannot use. What will you be using the horse for?? Once again I would reccomend a vet check, before Purchse, by your vet, not the owners. Good Luck:)

Vela
09-06-2007, 01:16 PM
It finally hit me why I think the horse looks odd, he seems to be standing as if he has Navicular disease. If this horse stands constantly like this, I would not purchase this horse, unless you are fully aware how to deal with this issue. I just dont want to see you purchase a horse you cannot use. What will you be using the horse for?? Once again I would reccomend a vet check, before Purchse, by your vet, not the owners. Good Luck:)

I honestly was thinking the same thing, navicular, with the way he's standing. I wouldn't purchase a navicular horse, they are intermittently lame even with good hoof care and it gets costly to maintain. At some point too, the coffin bone can rotate even farther and there is no help for it. I just was afraid to say anything in case someone thought I was "picking" on the horse or being negative. Get a prepurchase vet exam for sure.

If he is sound and you go ahead and get him, make sure you get someone to properly help you fit a saddle to avoid back issues. He has very high withers and is a bit narrow framed, so you may not be able to use a saddle you already own.

Kalei
09-06-2007, 04:02 PM
Hey guys, thanks for all the advice. What I'm gonna do is call the owner again and ask if he's had any recent vet checks on the horse and if he does then I want to see the papers next time I come up.

I don't have my "own" vet parsay, and the horse vet here would not drive three hours just to check out one horse.

But I had a horse expert with me and she didn't see anything wrong with him. Here is another pic where he wasn't like that:
Just in case though I am going to email my cousin (who knows horses better than anyone I know, and see what she thinks)

That's dirt on him by the way.
http://i7.tinypic.com/62z5f60.jpg

critter crazy
09-06-2007, 05:08 PM
Just be careful Hun. This last pic looks better, but if anything he is definitely gonna need a good trim, cause his hooves are way off. His toes are too long, and the angles are off. he still looks like he is in pain. Be;ieve me, I am just trying to look out for you, I dont want you to be buying a horse, and be Heart broken, because he isnt able to be ridden. I wish you the best of luck, and I hope I am wrong, and he is Okay.:)

Kalei
09-06-2007, 08:17 PM
Just be careful Hun. This last pic looks better, but if anything he is definitely gonna need a good trim, cause his hooves are way off. His toes are too long, and the angles are off. he still looks like he is in pain. Be;ieve me, I am just trying to look out for you, I dont want you to be buying a horse, and be Heart broken, because he isnt able to be ridden. I wish you the best of luck, and I hope I am wrong, and he is Okay.:)

Thanks very much critter crazy:) I really appreciate. I really hope that he is okay too. I've been researching the disease and it is a very hard desease to diagnose. Vets have to run multiple tests, and I can't even imagine how expensive that would be.
So that being said, me and my father might go up there again on Saturday and look at the horse more, I may ask to see it run so I can tell if its lame or not and ask more questions to the owner. If I have a bad gut feeling about it, then I may choose another horse, one that is smaller.

K9soul
09-06-2007, 08:52 PM
He's really a pretty boy, but I have to agree the way his hooves/feet look and the way he stands makes me worry. Horses can be given something called phenylbutazone (aka "Bute") to treat and sometimes cover up signs of lameness. Sometimes someone selling a horse will give this to make the horse seem fine when a buyer comes to see it. Here is a bit more about phenylbutazone:

http://horseproducts.stablemade.com/_Articles/Phenylbutazone.htm

The way that his back heels look so short and "clipped" and his front hooves look long in the toe part makes it appear that he stands that way often. He is certainly a beautiful and gentle looking horse but be very careful, it would be heartbreaking to end up with a horse that required a lot of specialized vet care, specialized shoes and hoof care, and constant pain medication to be able to ride. Best of luck with him :)

JuniorxMyxLove
09-09-2007, 12:20 PM
aww i'm really sorry he didn't work out for you.

but at least you noticed it before you bought him.
:[

Genny
09-10-2007, 10:25 PM
He is absolutely gorgeous! I want a horse too! They are so awesome!

He looks SOOOO tall too!!! I bet he's fun to ride! Great Pictures!!!!!!

oh yeah, what kind of horse did you say he was??

Vela
09-11-2007, 02:29 PM
She isn't getting that horse now, she is getting a different one.

Genny
09-11-2007, 09:07 PM
What do you mean Vela? You aren't getting the black and white horse anymore Kalei??

Kalei
09-12-2007, 06:27 PM
What do you mean Vela? You aren't getting the black and white horse anymore Kalei??

Oh I'm sorry you didn't see the thread Genny, I will post it here for you so its easy to find:) No, I"m not getting the black and white anymore, I quickly found out that he had alot of problems with his feet that could only turn into horrible problems, money and experiences. So anyways, I'll let you read on about the new horse I picked out:)

Here's the link:
http://www.petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=133269

WELOVESPUPPIES
09-12-2007, 07:29 PM
I am no horse expert so I have no advice...but she is definitely stunning!! I surely hope that all goes well with her. Good luck and keep us posted.